• Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
    Wonder how greeks test their DNA.....?

DON'T YOU KNOW..???

GREEK RECIPE
    You take three parts Albanian, add two parts Slav, mix it well with one part Vlach, add a little Roma and other spices then simmer for 100 years. Then add 4 parts Macedonian, two parts Christian Turk from Asia Minor, mix well and let simmer for a decade while stirring. Then presto you have instant Hellenes amounting to 98% pure Greeks, descendants of the ancient Greeks and 2% Muslim Greeks. The "Muslim" part is a bi-product from not having the pot properly "cleansed" .
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
      DON'T YOU KNOW..???

GREEK RECIPE
      You take three parts Albanian, add two parts Slav, mix it well with one part Vlach, add a little Roma and other spices then simmer for 100 years. Then add 4 parts Macedonian, two parts Christian Turk from Asia Minor, mix well and let simmer for a decade while stirring. Then presto you have instant Hellenes amounting to 98% pure Greeks, descendants of the ancient Greeks and 2% Muslim Greeks. The "Muslim" part is a bi-product from not having the pot properly "cleansed" .
      But what is a "slav"?

p.s. Julie, Artemi was joking.

Kure will reveal himself sooner or later. Lucky he chose a short name, otherwise it would have been too much of a mouthful. I hope he stands up to this kind of screwtiny .... somebody stop me please
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
        • Jan 2009

[QUOTE=Risto the Great;55227]But what is a "slav"?

This was from Lord Byron cook book..not mine..lol
        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• indigen
          • May 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
          If they find traces of piperki, then your 100% Macedonian...lol
          Unfortunately piperki/chilli peppers arrived with the Ottomans and originate from the Americas. Most likely Dragan of Ohrid, who accompanied Columbus, thought they would make a great national food for Macedonians and sent a courier delivery, but it lost its way and ended up going to India first.
          Last edited by indigen; 05-22-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Makedonec
            • Apr 2009

Kureski is a common lastname??
            И ако треба, крв ќе пролева, за нашта Македонија

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

how much does one of these tests cost?

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

Has anyone from the MTO had one of these DNA tests done and sent back to them the results? if so it would be interesting to see.

Comment

• kure
                  • Dec 2008

My iGENEA results have not come back yet, but I received my familytreedna.com username and password to compare some of my information with others.

According to familytreedna.com my Haplogroup is
                  I2a (more specifically I-P37.2). They cannot be more specific, because I did not order the upgrade for the Haplogroup test, but according to wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_I_%28Y-DNA%29

I2a-P37.2 (P37.2) branches into;

* I2a1-M26 (L158, L159, M26) Typical of the population of the so-called "archaic zone" of Sardinia; also found at low frequencies among populations of Southwest Europe, particularly in Castile, Béarn, and the Basque Country
                  o I2a1a-M161 (M161) Very rare (1 in Puerto Rico)
                  o I2a1b-L160
                  * I2a2-M423 (L178, M423)
                  o I2a2a-L69.2 (L69.2(=T)/S163.2) Typical of the Balkan populations, especially the populations of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia; also found with high frequency in Moldavia and Romania and high haplotype diversity values, but lower overall frequency, among the populations of Slovakia and the Czech Republic
                  + I2a2a1-P41.2 (P41.2/M359.2) Very rare (2 in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1 in Turkey, 1 in England and 1 in Croatia)
                  o I2a2b-L161 low frequency in Ireland and Great Britain

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• kure
                    • Dec 2008

As for genetic matches in the database, I have 4 exact genetic matches. From their first name, surname, and surname endings, they appear to be either anglicized macedonian or bulgarian names. For security purposes I blacked out everything except for the surname endings of my match and myself.

Additionally, there is a part of the site where it compares your "ancestral origins" to others "ancestral origins" in the database. One's "ancestral origins" are decided solely by the user. One is prompted to input their paternal and maternal country of origin. I put Macedonia, as both of my parents were born in the Republic.

Following is a comparison of my genetic profile with others in the database. It is interesting to note that I got 2 exact matches in Romania. Many who follow this forum know of the migrations from Macedonia to Romania, especially in the more recent past (WWI and WWII era).

As soon as I get more information, I will be sure to post it. Enjoy.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

This is interesting in a strange kind of way!
                      Keep it up Kure.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

You've got some hard evidence there Kure

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Following kures lead I have ordered a test from igenea. I don’t see a problem with posting it here later and as per request if you're not Macedonian, then you have to cancel your account here immediately I shall dutifully bow out if the test are negative.hahahaha

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                            Following kures lead I have ordered a test from igenea. I don’t see a problem with posting it here later and as per request if you're not Macedonian, then you have to cancel your account here immediately I shall dutifully bow out if the test are negative.hahahaha

OziMak, just like Kure, I hope you can come again.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by kure View Post
                              According to familytreedna.com my Haplogroup is
                              I2a (more specifically I-P37.2)

This means that your paternal ancestors are one of earliest inhabitants of Balkans since I2a considered to be one of the oldest genome type in Europe, arose in/around of Balkans. AFAIK, It`s believed to be the the major haplogroup of Illyrian people.

Check out my message here;

YouTube - iGenea DNA test confirms that Macedonians are the successors of the Ancient Macedonians! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2g--2S3Ly4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_191050) It's good when it mentions the following: In the last period the official forum of the Swiss institute is full with questions that
                              Last edited by Onur; 06-06-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X