X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
    That's definitely true, when things are going great, club is in the top division, winning, making finals people want to be there.

This was the case with Sydney Makedonia who had two decades of success with great support and still among the most successful clubs of NSW, then when the wheels fell off people stopped going. I guess it's just how people are, you see it with most clubs, majority of people want to be there through the good times but don't want to support and stick it out through the challenging times.

End of the day, the loyal ones will be there through it all and it will be even more sweet for them when the club gets back to where it should be. Clubs like Preston and Bankstown both belong in the top division and I hope they both achieve it soon enough.
    Things at Bankstown seem to be in a good spot now internally, so just need the on-field success to come. I think with the poor state of the A-League and the expected return of traditional ethnic clubs to the national scene, support at Bankstown in the next few years may shoot up.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Stevce
      • Jan 2016

I was listening to the radio. It had the Italian club that registered first for its ethnic name, and the president is Macedonian and when the radio host asked him if his surname was Macedonian he ignored the question multiple times. It was something like Apostolovski. He finally relented and said he was half but then went on about all people blah blah blah.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
        I was listening to the radio. It had the Italian club that registered first for its ethnic name, and the president is Macedonian and when the radio host asked him if his surname was Macedonian he ignored the question multiple times. It was something like Apostolovski. He finally relented and said he was half but then went on about all people blah blah blah.
        Do you know the club? I think there are Macedonians at Avondale, which is an Italian club
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Stevce
          • Jan 2016

Not sure which club it was. It was on the ABC radio station, a police officer called up about how back then he loved working. As he put it you would crack some heads, and then drink and eat marinated meats with the same people.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
            • Jul 2012

Possibly Jim Apostolovski of Apia Leichhardt.
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Stevce
              • Jan 2016

Was Apia Leichhardt originally a Scottish club? If so then that is him.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Was Apia Leichhardt originally a Scottish club? If so then that is him.
                APIA Leichhardt are Italian, there aren't many Scottish clubs around these days so I'm totally lost as to who this is.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                  Optus Sport piece on the Macedonian community and Preston Lions here in Australia, in case some haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NENUbXACuw
                  I just came across this. Excellent clip. Brings back memories
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Preston fans sing 'Biser Balkanski' at their season-opener to Melbourne City over the weekend:

Eeeeeejeeee престоне, ти сии бисер балкански !

Comment

• Apr 2014

Preston fans sung 'Za Kralot Aleksandar' against a Serb team over the weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X