X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
    Somewhere in southern Albania is all I know unfortunately.
    Very interesting. 18th century is a time period which coincides with the downfall and destruction of "Moscopole" when many Arman-Vlachs from southern Albania/northern Epirus escaped and settled in various parts of Macedonia. (Geographically, some considered Moscopole to be within the confines of Macedonia - see below.)

It's very likely that some Macedonians were caught up in this wave. It's also possible that your paternal family was of Arman origin, which adopted Macedonian during the 18th century, or later. It goes both ways. One of my great-grandmothers was a Vlach-speaker but she was actually Macedonian who married into an Arman household.

Last edited by Carlin; 05-14-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• maco2envy
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
      Hey brat, have you got the link to the wikipedia for family genealogies.
      Just search the village name in wikipedia, go to the Macedonian version of the article (left side) and there should be a section called "Родови" that has the names and origins. Although not all villages have this information, unfortunately.

@Carlin, that could be the case. But I suspect the village which is now abandoned was majority Macedonian speaking. But again who knows. A lot of these things which are usually passed through oral tradition have now been forgotten...

Comment

• tchaiku
        • Nov 2016

Ethnically diverse ancient (imperial) Rome.

The haplogroup J1 in imperial Romans forms about 1/5 or overall samples taken which is mostly associated with the Middle East and Northern Africa.

Some subclades of J2, R1b, E, G might of Middle Eastern origin too.
        Autosomally imperial Romans shift east towards Syrians compared to Iron age ones:

Comment

• tchaiku
          • Nov 2016

Greek Empurie= Classical Greeks
          Balkans_IA = Thracians

Comment

• stefan559
            • Mar 2020

Just search the village name in wikipedia, go to the Macedonian version of the article (left side) and there should be a section called "Родови" that has the names and origins. Although not all villages have this information, unfortunately.

@Carlin, that could be the case. But I suspect the village which is now abandoned was majority Macedonian speaking. But again who knows. A lot of these things which are usually passed through oral tradition have now been forgotten...
            from which village is your origin?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stefan559 View Post
              from which village is your origin?
              That is your first post in this forum? Here is a hint Stefan, give a little first. Then maybe ask.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• stefan559
                • Mar 2020

Hey it's not good that I'm asking that man about his origin in my first post, I know. But in one of his previous posts, he said he was from the Ohrid region. I am also from the Ohrid region and I am very interested in the results of the Macedonian DNA, especially the results of the Macedonians from the Ohrid region. That is all. All the best.

BTW, i'm born in Skopje, and my father is from Ohrid region, and my mother from Ovce Pole.

Comment

• stefan559
                  • Mar 2020

it was written by me on the Macedonian Wikipedia, about the origin for families in the Macedonian villages

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stefan559 View Post
                    Hey it's not good that I'm asking that man about his origin in my first post, I know. But in one of his previous posts, he said he was from the Ohrid region. I am also from the Ohrid region and I am very interested in the results of the Macedonian DNA, especially the results of the Macedonians from the Ohrid region. That is all. All the best.

BTW, i'm born in Skopje, and my father is from Ohrid region, and my mother from Ovce Pole.
                    Much better. Welcome!
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• stefan559
                      • Mar 2020

Vi blagodaram

Comment

• tchaiku
                        • Nov 2016

Maniotes overlap with Abruzzes:

They are the closests modern Greeks to ancient Greeks.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

God, not the Abruzzes! It can't be!

Comment

• tchaiku
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            God, not the Abruzzes! It can't be!

Are you OK?

Comment