Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #61
Soldier of Macedon
Senior Member
 
Soldier of Macedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Macedonian Outpost
Posts: 13,660
Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
You seem to think that somehow modern ethnic Macedonians built Greece based on a single assumption you made today........
Nobody here has suggested such a thing, that is just a deliberate distortion to suit the argument your trying to reply with. It's rather simplistic and outdated.
Quote:
As I already proved the term Macedonian had many definitions.......
There are some cases where terms currently used in the Balkans have meant different things at different times in the past, and that includes the term Albanian. Your automatic assumption about the reference to Macedonians fighting the Turks in Greece in the original source is based on your biased presumption against the Macedonian identity. You previously stated "at that time in Greece the term Macedonians was also used about Aromanians among other groups", yet you've failed to answer two simple questions in relation to that statement:

1 - How many sources are there from pre 1860 Greece in which the Vlachs are referred to as Macedonians?

2 - How did the Vlachs contribute in the fighting during the war which led to the creation of a modern Greek state/entity?
__________________
In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
Soldier of Macedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #62
Orfej
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 51
Orfej is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
Did I ever say Grenzers=Greeks? No

This is what you said:
Quote:
That's a personal website and while I'm willing to accept that it also included ethnic Macedonians a scholarly source would be more reliable. On the other hand at the time of its foundation it included only Albanianshttp://books.google.com/books?id=uUw...one%22&f=false, but later Hungarians and Greeks enrolled toohttp://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3740770183/
So you claimed that Greeks were included in the regiment and you provided a ''source'' for it. The problem is that there is no mentioning of the Greeks in that source, just Hungarians and Grenzers/Croats! My assumption is that you tried to manipulate us to think that Grenzers = Greeks. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe you posted the link because you liked the photo in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
On the other hand the Macedonovlachs source and the fact that both I and Voltron explained to you the context which is quite simple for anyone who knows the basics of modern Greek, doesn't stop you from claiming stuff that simply don't exist. You seem to think that somehow modern ethnic Macedonians built Greece based on a single assumption you made today
No, that's not what i seem to think. What i seem to think is that you made a claim (that the term ''Macedonian'' used by Kalergis actually meant ''Vlach'') which you miserably failed to support with proofs. We know that the term ''Macedonian'' just like the terms ''Greek'',''Hellene'', ''Bulgarian'',''Albanian'' had many meanings. You didn't needed the stupid mentioning of the Royal Macedonian regiment to tell us that. But the term ''Macedonian'' was not used by Greeks to denote Vlachs as a people. If you want to convince us otherwise then show us some proofs where Greeks used the term ''Macedonian'' for the Vlachs, since we our not aware of such practice. Don't hide behind terms like ''Macedonovlachs'' which are essentially different from simply ''Macedonian''.

Last edited by Orfej; 04-23-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Orfej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #63
Droog
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In, Out and Around
Posts: 120
Droog is on a distinguished road
Default

The link was about the Hungarians and I had to go into detail about the terms because some of you couldn't realize that terms have different meanings
Droog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #64
TrueMacedonian
Senior Member
 
TrueMacedonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
The link was about the Hungarians and I had to go into detail about the terms because some of you couldn't realize that terms have different meanings
Same as we showed you that the term 'Albanian' could mean different things as well.
__________________
Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 04-28-2011 at 10:08 AM.
TrueMacedonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #65
TrueMacedonian
Senior Member
 
TrueMacedonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratot View Post
I cited the historian V. Stojchev, I haven't made up such claim.

The name of Marko Bochvarot is evidenced in other sources also, there are still living persons bearing that name in today Macedonia.
There are also other Komiti bearing that name and there are few Macedonian folksongs about it.

Try by searching Bocvarot, Bochvarot, Бочварот.

Also Google books:

http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&rl...fa9a2a3c6bffd0


http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&rl...fa9a2a3c6bffd0

However, the point of Kallergis stands for it.
Bratot I want to apologize to you and state you are definitely correct here. http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks...G=Search+Books

Apparently the 19th century writer Robert Cyprien had wrote the following:

Quote:
One of the Slavs, Botchar , born in Vodina(Voden), emigrated to Mount Soulion, became famous throughout Europe as the Greek Botzaris.
Indeed this is a source, however, not sure how accurate a source it is. Botchar, or Bochvar, may be a totally different person than Botsaris.
__________________
Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
TrueMacedonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #66
Bratot
Senior Member
 
Bratot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,855
Bratot is on a distinguished road
Default

Please TM, you don't have to apologize for anything.

I have found this information in many Macedonian and Bulgarian history books in the google links I provided, if you go thoroughly the next pages of the searching results you will see for yourself.

According to these several books, Marko Bochvarot was born in Voden.

In your other thread about the Macedonian participants in Greek Revolution it says that Marko formed strong 'cheta' of Macedonian "Slavs" who followed him after the failure of Negush uprising.

Maybe it's coincidence but it can be clear indication that Marko was close with our people(one of us) and actively collaborated during the general strugle against the Turks.
__________________
The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Last edited by Bratot; 04-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Bratot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #67
ennea
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 46
ennea is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
If you take into account the relations of Kallergis with Albanian (in fact even his wife was Albanian) and Aromanian leaders the conclusion becomes unavoidable.
His wife was the famous Sophia Renti, daughter of Theocharakis Rentis. What makes you say she was Albanian?
ennea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #68
TrueMacedonian
Senior Member
 
TrueMacedonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennea View Post
His wife was the famous Sophia Renti, daughter of Theocharakis Rentis. What makes you say she was Albanian?
What makes you think that she wasn't?
__________________
Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
TrueMacedonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #69
ennea
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 46
ennea is on a distinguished road
Default

Rentis was a very important, rich and powerful family. It’s easy to find lots of information about them (including their whole family tree).
Both Kallergis and Rentis families were considered noble, aristocratic families linked to royal or important families of 10th-13th Century respectively.
So, it’s either Droog made a mistake, or if I’m missing some source that considers them Arvanites, I would just like to see it.

Last edited by ennea; 04-29-2011 at 01:50 PM.
ennea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #70
TrueMacedonian
Senior Member
 
TrueMacedonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,809
TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennea View Post
Rentis was a very important, rich and powerful family. Itís easy to find lots of information about them (including their whole family tree).
Both Kallergis and Rentis families were considered noble, aristocratic families linked to royal or important families of 10th-13th Century respectively.
So, itís either Droog made a mistake, or if Iím missing some source that considers them Arvanites, I would just like to see it.
Provide us with some of these sources. Phanariot families made similar claims but we know now that those claims were bogus.
__________________
Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
TrueMacedonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kallgeris, macedonians


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump