• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
    Gaba (pechurka) is very much used in Macedonia, south Macedonia mostly
    Yap,,Gaba it is! ,Pečurka is in North and south i think.I belive in literature it is GABA to!
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
      Yap,,Gaba it is! ,Pečurka is in North and south i think.I belive in literature it is GABA to!
      Po Lerinci we use pechurki and gabi

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Gaba is the only word I have heard to be honest.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

I know Gaba is used in Strumica, Stip, Kocani etc and pechurka is more like Kriva Palanka, Skopje, Kumanovo. I do think that actually pechurka is the word in the Macedonian literaturen jazik.

Comment

• Sarafot
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
            I know Gaba is used in Strumica, Stip, Kocani etc and pechurka is more like Kriva Palanka, Skopje, Kumanovo. I do think that actually pechurka is the word in the Macedonian literaturen jazik.
            That is what i saied before,it is official in Serbo-Croatian language,in Macecedonian it is ''GABA'' in Slovenian it is ''GOBA'' ,in north Macedonia it is pečurka and gaba.In literature it is Gaba.
            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I have 2 Macedonian dictionaries right infront of me;

(1) Standard English-Macedonian Macedonian-English Dictionary, Kultura, Nasha Kniga, Skopje, 1989.

(2) Anglisko-Makedonski i Makedonsko-Angliski Rechnik so Gramatika, Zoze Murgoski, Professor of English Language, Skopje, 1997.

In both of these dictionaries under the english word 'mushroom' only the word 'pechurka' is shown. In dictionary (1) there is no mention of 'gaba' at all in the Macedonian or English half, while in dictionary (2) under the Macedonian word 'gaba' it says "vidi pechurka" (meaning see mushroom).

I find it particularly interesting that you have people in the north in Skopje, Kumanovo and Kriva Palanka that use 'pechurka', then further south in Shtip, Strumica and Kochani they use 'gaba', then further south again in Bitola they use 'pechurka', the further south again we have two members from Lerinsko, one of whom says that they only use 'gaba' while the other saying that where he is from both of them are used.

It is obvious that both of these words have a history in Macedonia, and given that the word 'gaba' is clearly related to the other Slavonic variants such as Goba, Grib, Grzyb, etc, it would seem that the word 'pechurka' is exclusive to a particular area of the Balkans, therefore in a way, it is more Macedonian
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
                • Sep 2008

We Slovaks in Vojvodina say "pečiarka", I forgot to mention.
                अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

And that is probably as north as it will get I think.

Do you think there is any relation to the word 'Pechi' which mostly means to 'roast' when making reference to food?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                    We Slovaks in Vojvodina say "pečiarka", I forgot to mention.
                    Hej Slovak,about the word VHERKA for wolf in which language it was?

Comment

• NiGhtPiSH
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Pechurka is a genus of small mushrooms. Here there is an explanation in wikipedia http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%...80%D0%BA%D0%B0
                      Excuse me for posting the link in Bulgarian as there is no entry in Macedonian, but as our two languages are very close you'd understand.

"Gaba" is the word in Bulgarian for mushroom.

The word "pechurka" shares the same root with "peka, "pechi" as it's being cooked with roasting.

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NiGhtPiSH View Post
                        Pechurka is a genus of small mushrooms. Here there is an explanation in wikipedia http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%...80%D0%BA%D0%B0
                        Excuse me for posting the link in Bulgarian as there is no entry in Macedonian, but as our two languages are very close you'd understand.

"Gaba" is the word in Bulgarian for mushroom.

The word "pechurka" shares the same root with "peka, "pechi" as it's being cooked with roasting.
                        Hej NGP,i know that Bolgars are useing Pechurka to,so you must be liveing near the border with Macedonia,so you use GABA,and Gaba is like GLIVA,in literatury it is Gaba,i dont know what it is in dictionary,but for shure i know that is Gaba official,tray ISTORIJA NA MAKEDONSKIOT JAZIK,by KONESKI,Pečurka is used in SKOPJE, TETOVO,KUMANOVO,while GABA is used in ŠTIP,KOČANI,VINICA,PRILEP,VELES,BITOLA.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

So it is the name of a common type of mushroom which has evolved into a more generic use, at least in some Balkan languages.
                          Originally posted by NiGhtPiSH
                          It sounds likely.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Sarafot, this mushroom name dispute has forced me to make some more inquiries

I just had an uncle over, he is from the village of Beranci, Bitolsko, he said that nearly everybody he knows uses 'pechurka'. Interestingly, he had also made the observation that the Egejci use the word 'gaba' more often. If Koneski thinks that 'gaba' is more common in Bitola then he must have missed alot of villages in the region

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

I'll serch for all dialect in book,and then i will post it,but belive me it is gaba,pečurka is more serbish,it is lake we all say UPALJAČ,but linguisticly it is ZAPALKA.

No hard fealings bro,i also know pečurka is used to,but gaba is like more ''pravilno'',call it like you want.

Comment

• Sarafot
                                • Dec 2008

It is like that group of Vulk Makedonski ''Proklatstvo na dialekti ,

Prilepčani use MAČEDONCI,we use MAKEDONCI,i think pečurka is more like ''selski dialekt, you will find out?

Comment

Working...
                                X