X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I'm yet to hear her speak. But she looks alright. Surely that's enough?
    She looks and speaks alright. Don't mind these two jokers, the fact that they're still yapping on about the same thing says more about them than it does about her. Anyway, back to the World Cup, Germany has just been knocked out and ended up last in the group stages, going down to Korea 0-2. For some reason I feel good about it, perhaps a natural reflex against all of the harm that their EU project has done to Macedonia. Well done to the Koreans, although they aren't going any further, they will forever be known as the giant killer at Russia 2018.
    Originally posted by Statitsa
    Although they don't deserve it, the albiceleste squeak through to the next round. Vamos Argentina! just the same
    They barely made it, but glad they did. Always liked Argentina. Hopefully Messi has broken his curse and can start to flourish now.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      I can't stand when she addresses all of her tv guests by their nick names...as if she's hosting a backyard BBQ
      lol

And that sound of her voice...... Thank god for a mute button

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      I'm yet to hear her speak. But she looks alright. Surely that's enough?
      Another lol
      You are cooked if a feminist stumbles across this post

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      She looks and speaks alright. Don't mind these two jokers, the fact that they're still yapping on about the same thing says more about them than it does about her.

And as for Germany...... well credit where credit is due. At least they got closer to Moscow than the last time
      Last edited by Bill77; 06-27-2018, 04:50 PM.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        lol

Another lol
        You are cooked if a feminist stumbles across this post

I'm gonna start wearing those "I'm a feminist" t shirts. That should set me right I reckon!
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spirit
          • May 2015

Brazil have just between Serbia 2-0
          Though I am a very proud Macedonian when it comes to football Brazil is in my heart so much so that I have got their symbol tattooed on me. It goes back to when I was growing up and my father who taught me about football, spoke of and was a big fan of Brazil, took me to watch Brazil play Qatar in the quarter finals of the World Youth Cup (as it was known back then) here in Australia in 1981 and pointed out Brazil to me and sayin this was the team Pele played for. It left a distinct impression on me and apparently I cried when they lost to Qatar. Come 1982 and I remember my father getting me up to watch the games during the World Cup in Spain and being absolutely shattered when Brazil got knocked out by Italy and bawling my eyes out. All the great memories, over the years every 4 years watching all the games with my father, it was our ritual.
          This World Cup is very difficult for me as it is the first one without my father who is now in a nursing home, The Parkinson’s Disease that he has been battling for 25 years has also led to Parkinson’s Dementia where he is now virtually a shadow of himself and is like a zombie.
          Anyway the signs were there from the first game that Germany were going to struggle. It also appears that with every game Brazil are starting to find their rhythm and are getting better each game. One can only hope that come 16th July Brazil will be lifting the trophy.

Comment

• Statitsa
            • Mar 2016

Hopefully Messi has broken his curse and can start to flourish now
            This is probably going to be his last World Cup, so it would be nice to see him ride off on a positive note.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

Vai Brasil.

So happy the serbs where smashed by them. Also happy that germany lost as well - i cant stand the arrogant germans and like SOM said i blame them a bit for the EU circus.

Love brazil and hate serbia and germany - great day for me

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Statitsa View Post
                This is probably going to be his last World Cup, so it would be nice to see him ride off on a positive note.
                Maradona enjoyed the win against Nigeria that's for sure!

Watch: Diego Maradona Celebrates Argentina's Win Over Nigeria By Flipping Double Birds
                URL:

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                  Brazil have just between Serbia 2-0 Though I am a very proud Macedonian when it comes to football Brazil is in my heart so much so that I have got their symbol tattooed on me. It goes back to when I was growing up and my father who taught me about football, spoke of and was a big fan of Brazil, took me to watch Brazil play Qatar in the quarter finals of the World Youth Cup (as it was known back then) here in Australia in 1981 and pointed out Brazil to me and sayin this was the team Pele played for. It left a distinct impression on me and apparently I cried when they lost to Qatar. Come 1982 and I remember my father getting me up to watch the games during the World Cup in Spain and being absolutely shattered when Brazil got knocked out by Italy and bawling my eyes out. All the great memories, over the years every 4 years watching all the games with my father, it was our ritual. This World Cup is very difficult for me as it is the first one without my father who is now in a nursing home, The Parkinson’s Disease that he has been battling for 25 years has also led to Parkinson’s Dementia where he is now virtually a shadow of himself and is like a zombie. Anyway the signs were there from the first game that Germany were going to struggle. It also appears that with every game Brazil are starting to find their rhythm and are getting better each game. One can only hope that come 16th July Brazil will be lifting the trophy.
                  That's a nice but sad story mate, hopefully Brazil can get to the later stages so you have something to cheer your dad up with.
                  Originally posted by Statitsa View Post
                  One of the main differences between his time with Argentina and that of Maradona is that Messi is (not completely, but) largely surrounded by dud teammates who don't deserve to be on the same field as him. And that has been proven again tonight after Argentina squandered a 2-1 lead to lose 3-4 against France. It's almost like his own ability and quality have suffered by playing on the same team as some of those clowns. Watching him on the pitch after the game, he had the look of huge disappointment more than anything else. A damn shame.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Statitsa
                    • Mar 2016

One of the main differences between his time with Argentina and that of Maradona is that Messi is (not completely, but) largely surrounded by dud teammates who don't deserve to be on the same field as him. And that has been proven again tonight after Argentina squandered a 2-1 lead to lose 3-4 against France. It's almost like his own ability and quality have suffered by playing on the same team as some of those clowns. Watching him on the pitch after the game, he had the look of huge disappointment more than anything else. A damn shame
                    I saw the same things SoM.

Most of these players are now in their early to mid 30's and are holdovers from the back to back U20 championship teams of 2005 and 2007. While they possessed an embarrassment of riches as far as individual talent was concerned, they were never able to come together as a cohesive unit (save for the odd flash of brilliance) on the world stage.

In past years, when a guy began to falter, there was always someone waiting to step in and fill the void. The absence of such players in recent years has meant repeated visits to the same, tired old well.

I don't know what the immediate future holds for Argentinian football, but one thing is for certain, it will be a very different looking side in 2022.

Comment

• Spirit
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      That' a nice but sad story mate, hopefully Brazil can get to the later stages so you have something to cheer your dad up with.

One of the main differences between his time with Argentina and that of Maradona is that Messi is (not completely, but) largely surrounded by dud teammates who don't deserve to be on the same field as him. And that has been proven again tonight after Argentina squandered a 2-1 lead to lose 3-4 against France. It's almost like his own ability and quality have suffered by playing on the same team as some of those clowns. Watching him on the pitch after the game, he had the look of huge disappointment more than anything else. A damn shame.
                      Thanks for the sentiments SoM

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Spirit, Thanks for sharing your special story. I too have the fondest memory of back in the days waking up with dad at 3am, making cups of coffee before watching UEFA cups etc.... regardless who was playing. Will never forget it. Its what i like about Football, the bonding it brings between a father and son. My dad is my biggest hero by the way, he is someone i work hard to emulate when fathering my sons. He is still with us after beating cancer twice just recently, he is Superman. I know its life, but i will never be prepared for when he eventually goes, i still need him around. All the best to you mate

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

Uruguay my new dark horse. France is very good when they get their shit together. I thought Portugal would go further. Lets see how Spain looks as they are my favorite to win it all.

Comment

• Spirit
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                            Spirit, Thanks for sharing your special story. I too have the fondest memory of back in the days waking up with dad at 3am, making cups of coffee before watching UEFA cups etc.... regardless who was playing. Will never forget it. Its what i like about Football, the bonding it brings between a father and son. My dad is my biggest hero by the way, he is someone i work hard to emulate when fathering my sons. He is still with us after beating cancer twice just recently, he is Superman. I know its life, but i will never be prepared for when he eventually goes, i still need him around. All the best to you mate
                            Thanks Bill77
                            I’ve got a 6 month old daughter, my dream was (being typical Macedonian) for a boy to carry on the surname and I was always going to name him Romário (in dedication to the 1994 World Cup winner, one of my favourite players and I’ve always loved the name) and whatever footballing ritual I had with my father was going to be carried on with my son but as soon as my daughter was born on Xmas day 2017 my heart melted and honestly I would not have it any other way. She really is daddy’s little girl and you know what? I can always carry on the footballing ritual with my daughter, there is nothing to stop this just because she is female.
                            Anyway when and if she has a son there is nothing to stop her naming him Romário (albeit with some subtle influences from me)

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Anyone else heard about a football club in Melbourne going by the name South Springvale Serres? Appears defunct now.
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                                Anyone else heard about a football club in Melbourne going by the name South Springvale Serres? Appears defunct now.
                                I knew of a club Lalor Florina who went defunct due to the 50% Lerinci walking away because of the other half Florinci fuckwits. in their heyday, the club had 9 junior teams and both senior teams. They have been taken over which are now called "Inter" or "Porto" something European like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X