X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

TojSum,

There are a number of variations to the Sonce, but there is no historical version of the ventilator with the inverted rays. Its an invention and a gross violation of our fundamental rights.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      TojSum,

There are a number of variations to the Sonce, but there is no historical version of the ventilator with the inverted rays. Its an invention and a gross violation of our fundamental rights.
      Agreed.
      The 8-ray sun and the 16-ray sun only differ by the number of rays,in every other aspect they're identical.On the other hand,our current flag doesn't look anything like the 8-ray sun.
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

if anything it could be mistaken for the jap flag.All i can say is the greeks did a an excellent job taking away our symbol without a fight.They just capitulated.The same is due with the flag as pm gruevski wants to keep dialogue up on the name.He has allready said he is ready & willing to capitulate & compromise on our name.Allready refused by greece gruevski suggested republic of macedonia (skopje).So the stupidity of it all they want a name change acceptable to greece then if they want the'll let them join nato or the eu.In effect we are held hostage until we change our name.Greece has allready said they are not budging & there is a line drawn in the sand.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Perun
          • Jul 2012

The propeller (or ventilator) is a shameful symbol with no history or pride. I haven't met a single Macedonian who prefers that flag over our real one, yet we keep posing in front of others, and - what's worse - in front of ourselves.
          Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• TojSum
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            TojSum,

Thats true. Inverted rays on the flag are bothernig me to, thats why i prefer the first flag with 16 rays.

Comment

• Voltron
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Had Andronikos never made his finding public your flag of choice would of been something completely different today.

Both countries hystericised the symbol to something it was not during those times.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                Had Andronikos never made his finding public your flag of choice would of been something completely different today.

Both countries hystericised the symbol to something it was not during those times.
                Had Andronikos made the discovery in Athens you may have had credibility to your post, as it stands it was the symbol of Macedonian royalty found on Macedonian land, the only hysterical thing is any Greek claim to this symbol!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i have allways said the greek claim based on the kutlesh find was unjustified.Yo go to rom & you will see the 16 ray sun everywhere.So just because it was found on a gold larnax & call it vergina does it make it special.Also the greeks never held macedonia prior to 1913.
                  Last edited by George S.; 07-13-2012, 02:54 AM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                    Had Andronikos made the discovery in Athens you may have had credibility to your post, as it stands it was the symbol of Macedonian royalty found on Macedonian land, the only hysterical thing is any Greek claim to this symbol!
                    Makedonche, not only is it in Athens but all over Greece, Sicily as well.
                    To suggest it was some kind of royal symbol for the Macedonian royal house is debatable. I believe it was more of a decorative symbol that was used often in those times. Not some kind of special one that Andronikos made it out to be. Unbeknowist to him it created a political debacle 20 years later.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Makedonche, not only is it in Athens but all over Greece, Sicily as well.
                      To suggest it was some kind of royal symbol for the Macedonian royal house is debatable. I believe it was more of a decorative symbol that was used often in those times. Not some kind of special one that Andronikos made it out to be. Unbeknowist to him it created a political debacle 20 years later.
                      ...so what's all the fuss about then Voltron???

...morons.

BTW, it's a sun/star symbol, possibly the earliest and most universal symbol ever depicted by humankind...it's origins probably outdate even human settlement in the Balkans...

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        BTW, it's a sun/star symbol, possibly the earliest and most universal symbol ever depicted by humankind...it's origins probably outdate even human settlement in the Balkans...
                        Exactly.

The "fuss" started when a historical symbol was used for political purposes against a neighboring country.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Exactly.

The "fuss" started when a historical symbol was used for political purposes against a neighboring country.
                          ...against a neighbouring country...WTF?

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

Neigboring Country aka as Greece or Macedonia depending on which camp you come from. Thought that would of been obvious..

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Exactly.

why the fuck are you still here with that comment you little Greek piece of shit
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Neigboring Country aka as Greece or Macedonia depending on which camp you come from. Thought that would of been obvious..
                                ..."obvious", what am I...a fuckin' mind reader...in an earlier post you said it was debatable that it was a Macedonian royal symbol at all...

It's a sun depiction that can be found on the earliest cave drawings known to mankind, thousands of miles away from the Balkans you banana...

Only one party in this dispute has claimed the SUN exclusively as their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X