X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Confessions of a CIA Agent - Yugoslavia

There is an article which some of you have seen concerning a former CIA agent named Robert ("Bob") Baer in which he states that the breakup of Yugoslavia was planned by the West for natural resources and enslavement of Balkan people.

Where and when was your first job in Yugoslavia?

I arrived by helicopter with three agents. We landed on 12 January 1991 in Sarajevo. Our job was to keep an eye on alleged terrorists of Serbian nationality, who were expected to attack Sarajevo.

Who were the terrorists in question and why were they supposed to carry out these attacks?

They gave us files about a group called “Supreme Serbia” detailing plans to conduct a series of bomb attacks on key buildings in Sarajevo in opposition to Bosnia’s ambition to leave former Yugoslavia.

Did that group ever exist and what exactly you were doing in Sarajevo under CIA command?

No such group ever existed! Our headquarters lied to us. Our mission was to alarm and spread panic among politicians in Bosnia, simply to fill their heads with the idea that Serbs would attack. To begin with, we accepted the story, but after a while we started to wonder. Why were we raising such hysteria when the group clearly did not exist?

How and when did the mission end and did it have a name?

For me it ended after two weeks, I landed a new job in Slovenia. The operation lasted a month and had the name “Istina” (i.e. “truth”) although it was anything but!

Why did you go to Slovenia?

I received instructions that Slovenia was ready to declare independence. We were given money, a few million dollars, to fund various NGOs, opposition parties and various politicians who have inflamed hatred.

Did you have an opinion about the CIA propaganda and did your colleagues think?

Of course, no one turns down a CIA mission, especially when we were all nervous and prone to paranoia! Many CIA agents and senior officers disappeared simple because they refused to conduct propaganda against the Serbs in Yugoslavia. Personally I was shocked at the dose of lies being fed from our agencies and politicians! Many CIA agents were directed propaganda without being aware of what they are doing. Everyone knew just a fraction of the story and only the one who create the whole story knew the background – they are politicians.

So there was only propaganda against the Serbs?

Yes and no. The aim of the propaganda was to divide the republics so they would break away from the motherland Yugoslavia. We had to choose a scapegoat who would be blamed for everything. Someone who would be responsible for the war and violence. Serbia was chosen because in some ways it is a successor to Yugoslavia.

Can you name the politicians in the former Yugoslavia were paid by the CIA?

Yes, although it is somewhat delicate. Stipe Mesic, Franjo Tudjman, Alija Izetbegovic, many counselors and members of the government of Yugoslavia, were paid as were Serbian generals, journalists and even some military units. Radovan Karadzic was being paid for a while but stopped accepting help when he realised he would be sacrificed and charged with war crimes committed in Bosnia. It was directed by the American administration.

You mentioned that the media was controlled and funded, how exactly did that happen?

This is already known, some CIA agents were responsible for writing the official statement that the announcers read on the news. Of course the news presenters were oblivious to it, they got the news from their boss and he got it from our man. Everyone had the same mission: to spread hatred, nationalism and the differences between people through television.

We all know of Srebrenica, can you say about it?

Yes! In 1992 I was in Bosnia again, but this time we were supposed to train military units to represent Bosnia, a new state that had just declared independence. Srebrenica is an exaggerated story and unfortunately many people are being manipulated. The number of victims is the same as the number of Serbs and others killed but Srebrenica is political marketing. My boss, who was formerly a US Senator, stressed repeatedly that some kind of scam would go down in Bosnia. A month before the alleged genocide in Srebrenica, he told me that the town would be headline news around the world and ordered us to call the media. When I asked why, he said you’ll see. The new Bosnian army got the order to attack homes and civilians. These were of course citizens of Srebrenica. At the same moment, the Serbs attacked from the other side. Probably someone had paid to incite them!

Then who is guilty of genocide in Srebrenica?

Srebrenica should be blamed on Bosnians, Serbs and Americans – that is us! But in fact everything has been blamed on the Serbs. Unfortunately, many of the victims buried as Muslims were Serbs and other nationalities. A few years ago a friend of mine, a former CIA agent and now at the IMF, said that Srebrenica is the product of agreement between the US government and politicians in Bosnia. The town of Srebrenica was sacrificed to give America a motive to attack the Serbs for their alleged crimes.

Ultimately why do you think Yugoslavia collapsed and why did your government want to do it?

It is all very clear, the people who incited the war and dictated the terms of the peace now own the companies that exploit various mineral resources and the like! They simply made slaves of you, your people work for nothing and that produce goes to Germany and America…they are the winners! You will eventually have to purchase and import what you have created yourself, and since you have no money, you have to borrow, that’s the whole story with the whole of the Balkans!

You were never in Kosovo as a CIA agent, but did you feel any pressure from America?

Of course! Kosovo was taken for two reasons, first because of mineral and natural resources, and secondly, Kosovo is a military base of NATO! In the heart of Europe is their largest military base.

Do you have a message for the people of the former Yugoslavia?

I have. Forget the past, it was staged and false. They manipulated you, they got what they wanted and it is stupid that you still hate one another, you must show that you are stronger and you realize who has created this ! I sincerely apologize! That’s why I have for a long time disclosed the secrets of the CIA and the White House!

Any thoughts?
  • Tomche Makedonche
    • Oct 2011

Ahhh Yugoslavia, the good old days, if only we were more resilient and continued to keep our blood related brotherly bonds strong, together we comrades would be walking on streets of gold right now singing Serbian songs of our slavic greatness whilst suckling the sweet bosom of mother Russia. Damn those evil American’s for ruining it all, its all their fault, no one else’s, they made it all happen by turning us against one another with their sorcery, they destroyed our Slavic paradise, our new garden of Eden on earth. Come comrades, let us all join hands and unite once more!

Хеј Словени, јоште живи
    Дух наших дедова
    Док за народ срце бије
    Њихових синова

Живи, живи дух словенски
    Живеће веков'ма
    Залуд прети понор пакла,
    Залуд ватра грома

Нек' се сада и над нама
    Буром све разнесе
    Стена пуца, дуб се лама,
    Земља нек' се тресе

Ми стојимо постојано
    Кано клисурине,
    Проклет био издајица
    Своје домовине!
    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

I've noticed the ever increasing use of the term, the 'Balkanisation of the Middle East' in media commentary recently.
      Surely it's not out of the realms of possibility to imagine that such events are defined by the actions of certain 'constants'...

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

I think the CIA are giving themselves too much credit. The hatred amoungt different nationalities within the Balkans was ever present. It was more like an American experiment called Yugoslavia.

Once the novalty of listening to Lepa Brena wore off the Yugosalav experiment was destined for destruction.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          I've noticed the ever increasing use of the term, the 'Balkanisation of the Middle East' in media commentary recently.
          Surely it's not out of the realms of possibility to imagine that such events are defined by the actions of certain 'constants'...

There are many scenarios that could be considered to fall within the realms of possibility, I just personally find it hard to continuously attribute all that goes wrong in the world solely to the scheming and designs of one big evil puppet master.

Do I think the USA had their fingers in the mix during the collapse of Yugoslavia?, yes of course, as it would be in their interests to be involved, just like it would be in the interests of Russia and other European powers to also get their fingers in the mix in order to try and influence or salvage what they can from that carcass for their own benefit. I don’t seek to relate this with some kind of grand conspiracy theory, but simply because in a field of competing nations, if you don’t attempt to acquire whatever assets or resources that are (or possibly could become) available for yourself, your competitors will acquire them for themselves.
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
            • Aug 2011

This is a very good documentary regarding the breakup of Yugoslavia in which it is also revealed the west's role in it (financing,training and arming the paramilitary units),and how western companies took over Yugoslavia's most profitable factories in the aftermath.One might argue it's just another conspiracy theory but too many things fit in this puzzle that makes you really wonder.It's 2 hours long but the part in question is somewhere in the second half or last third of the film.

What happened to Yugoslavia? How did the war in Yugoslavia break out? Why did Yugoslavia fall apart? Yugoslavia explained in this remarkable documentary.Like...
            Last edited by DraganOfStip; 12-01-2015, 03:33 AM.
            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
              There are many scenarios that could be considered to fall within the realms of possibility, I just personally find it hard to continuously attribute all that goes wrong in the world solely to the scheming and designs of one big evil puppet master.

Do I think the USA had their fingers in the mix during the collapse of Yugoslavia?, yes of course, as it would be in their interests to be involved, just like it would be in the interests of Russia and other European powers to also get their fingers in the mix in order to try and influence or salvage what they can from that carcass for their own benefit. I don’t seek to relate this with some kind of grand conspiracy theory, but simply because in a field of competing nations, if you don’t attempt to acquire whatever assets or resources that are (or possibly could become) available for yourself, your competitors will acquire them for themselves.
              I just think the Americans do that part really well. The rest are still learning from USA in this regard.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                This is a very good documentary regarding the breakup of Yugoslavia in which it is also revealed the west's role in it (financing,training and arming the paramilitary units),and how western companies took over Yugoslavia's most profitable factories in the aftermath.One might argue it's just another conspiracy theory but too many things fit in this puzzle that makes you really wonder.It's 2 hours long but the part in question is somewhere in the second half or last third of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw49iL6zGyQ
                Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                I just think the Americans do that part really well. The rest are still learning from USA in this regard.
                This (supposed) CIA agent is basically saying that Yugoslav national identity and the Yugoslav idea was a fait accompli and that if it wasn't for the US Government and its machinations, Yugoslavia would still exist.

Are you guys suggesting that your Macedonian identity is a product of the US Government?
                Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-01-2015, 04:44 AM.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Are you guys suggesting that your Macedonian identity is a product of the US Government?
                  I'm very confident I didn't say that.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    This (supposed) CIA agent is basically saying that Yugoslav national identity and the Yugoslav idea was a fait accompli and that if it wasn't for the US Government and its machinations, Yugoslavia would still exist.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you came up with that conclusion.
                    I simply agree that the West had everything to gain from the breakup of Yugoslavia and have no doubt in my mind that they have substantially contributed into escalating the Yugoslav wars by any means they could.
                    The hatred was there,it just needed to be ignited.
                    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

The cia is behind a lot of behind the scenes.IT has a lot of involvement in vivil wars etc.THe 2001 macedonian civil war.The us generals trained the kla and gave arms.
                      Also the us wants macedonia to change their name.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski
                        Bob Baer is not a "supposed" CIA agent. He is retired. He is regarded by many as one of the great operatives in the Middle East in CIA history. George Clooney's "Syriana" film was roughly based on Bob Baer's book and field work.

In addition, I don't quite agree with your interpretation. In fact, much of this thread has shifted the obvious into something else. Baer is not arguing that we are all South Slavs and that we should all kiss and make up and forge a new federation.

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                        I'm having a hard time understanding how you came up with that conclusion.
                        I simply agree that the West had everything to gain from the breakup of Yugoslavia and have no doubt in my mind that they have substantially contributed into escalating the Yugoslav wars by any means they could.
                        The hatred was there,it just needed to be ignited.
                        I agree with Dragan's analysis. Baer is pointing out how Western powers sought to destroy Yugoslavia and he knows this because he was there. Note how he uses alleged often in regard to genocides. He knows it was smoke and mirrors.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                          There are many scenarios that could be considered to fall within the realms of possibility, I just personally find it hard to continuously attribute all that goes wrong in the world solely to the scheming and designs of one big evil puppet master...
                          The 'Puppet Master' theory has more validity when you consider that the USA is the sole 'superpower' in the world today.
                          All of its actions in any corner of the globe are designed to protect her 'superpower' status, whilst diminishing the strength and influence of her immediate competitors and their allies.

Comment

• King Niko
                            • Sep 2015

Yugoslavia was not only terror, but founded on racism and the silencing of Muslims.

I am grateful everyday that Yugoslavia does not exist, that was the true prison.

I do not believe what this man says for one second.

Putting blame on any Bosnians on Srebrenica is a joke, just like the man.

Freaking Serbs stormed Srebrenica.. took Bosnians who fled out of DUTCH hands.. and massacred them..

That is all Serbians fault..

Comment

• VMRO
                              • Sep 2008

King Niko, what is your take on the high number of Bosnians who are in Syria fighting for their Jihad?
                              Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

Working...
                              X