Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2021, 08:21 PM   #11
Stobi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 9
Stobi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
There really was no need for a press release given the community were already aware of the situation. Would not make much sense to issue a press release stating "we're folding because we cannot condemn Zaev".

I do not think the AMHRC committee actually got together and voted to fold itself; more likely that it just failed to continue operating as its members were leaving and it did not have the constitutional number to actually vote on anything. Risto Popov was a prominent activist in AMHRC and he was probably the most high-profile to leave the organisation and denounce them, it fell apart around then.
I think people were not aware of the situation because they seemed to be still active but with no activity. many probably assumed it was due to COVID just as i did.

I don't understand why AHMRC committee couldn't just pass the organization to other Macedonians and rejuvenate the org. If the situation was known even i would jump at the chance to be part of the org or help out in any capacity.

Last edited by Stobi; 06-02-2021 at 08:23 PM. Reason: error
Stobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:24 AM   #12
Liberator of Makedonija
Senior Member
 
Liberator of Makedonija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,464
Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobi View Post
I think people were not aware of the situation because they seemed to be still active but with no activity. many probably assumed it was due to COVID just as i did.
They were inactive long before COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobi View Post
I don't understand why AHMRC committee couldn't just pass the organization to other Macedonians and rejuvenate the org. If the situation was known even i would jump at the chance to be part of the org or help out in any capacity.

Organisation was old and was not as prominent as it had once been, some of the people involved had black marks next to their names. My guess is that they just decided to fold and split the assets amongst themselves rather than bother trying to get new people involved.
__________________
I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:23 AM   #13
Risto the Great
Senior Member
 
Risto the Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Macedonian Colony of Australia
Posts: 15,186
Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I can't imagine there was an abundance of assets to split. I also am quite sure many involved eventually felt the weight of thanklessness associated with their endeavours over decades. They probably chose to enjoy life a little. Even though they had a number of successes, it's safe to say the shit hole of a nation in Europe and the way it sold it's identity made it that little bit more difficult to assert our identity here. I applaud their efforts over such a long time.
__________________
Risto the Great
MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #14
Rogi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,340
Rogi is on a distinguished road
Default

It is far too easy to criticise and yet so irresponsible to do so, particularly when you have neither walked a mile in their shoes nor been privy to their work, their efforts and their commitment over many, many years.

If we'd all had a fraction of that commitment, gave up a fraction of that time, done a fraction of their work, we might have saved our people from this self-anihilation we seem to have come to.
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #15
Soldier of Macedon
Senior Member
 
Soldier of Macedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Macedonian Outpost
Posts: 13,547
Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Organisation was old and was not as prominent as it had once been, some of the people involved had black marks next to their names. My guess is that they just decided to fold and split the assets amongst themselves rather than bother trying to get new people involved.
LoM, it is one thing to refer to their absence. However, claiming that some of the people had "black marks" against their names is deceptively ambiguous. Suggesting that they have "split the assets among themselves" is an outright lie. You can refrain from making baseless remarks unless you're prepared to corroborate them.
__________________
In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
Soldier of Macedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:29 AM   #16
Liberator of Makedonija
Senior Member
 
Liberator of Makedonija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,464
Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
LoM, it is one thing to refer to their absence. However, claiming that some of the people had "black marks" against their names is deceptively ambiguous. Suggesting that they have "split the assets among themselves" is an outright lie. You can refrain from making baseless remarks unless you're prepared to corroborate them.
There will be those in this thread who know what I mean when I mention these black marks. As for the other part, I did say it was my guess and never claimed it to be a fact.
__________________
I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:41 AM   #17
Liberator of Makedonija
Senior Member
 
Liberator of Makedonija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,464
Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road
Default

Speaking of the devil..

World Macedonian Congress - Australia

"Sadly over the last few days, WMC has come to learn that the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee has decided to formally de-register itself as an incorporated association.
WMC understands that the recently announced decision to de-register was undertaken without the appropriate levels of transparency or clarity for its members and was a previously undisclosed decision that the committee apparently took back in 2018.
WMC also understands that no options were explored for the continuation of the organisation under different leadership or a new committee and that former commitee members lament its current status and relevance in the community.
The overwhelming sentiment of former committee members and financial supporters is that certain individuals within the organisation have lost their passion and no longer wish to continue to advocate for the Macedonian cause via a dedicated human rights body as they had in the past. Furthermore, it is also a widely held belief amongst former committee members that the direction of the organisation is no longer in keeping with the sentiments of the Macedonian community in Australia.
AMHRC was at one stage, one of the pre-eminent human rights advocacy groups for the Macedonian people in Australia and throughout the Macedonian Diaspora but has unfortunately suffered from a lack of engagement with the community over the last 5 years.
They were notably absent during the organising of the community's rally against the name change in 2018 and have recently turned thier focus to promoting a book on Macedonian issues that contains contributions from known supporters of the Prespa agreement and the Zaev government.
WMC understands that the promotion of this book is one of the reasons that AMHRC has not initiated the official process of winding up the organisation until now and that they wish to officially launch the book as 'AMHRC' before formally cancelling the organisation’s registration as an incorporated entity.
WMC strongly believes that this is not what the Macedonian community in Australia expects from its organisations and especially not one that was at the forefront of the Macedonian human rights struggle for several decades with the important note that its never to late to do the right thing".
__________________
I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #18
Vangelovski
Senior Member
 
Vangelovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,402
Vangelovski is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Speaking of the devil..

World Macedonian Congress - Australia

"Sadly over the last few days, WMC has come to learn that the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee has decided to formally de-register itself as an incorporated association.
WMC understands that the recently announced decision to de-register was undertaken without the appropriate levels of transparency or clarity for its members and was a previously undisclosed decision that the committee apparently took back in 2018.
WMC also understands that no options were explored for the continuation of the organisation under different leadership or a new committee and that former commitee members lament its current status and relevance in the community.
The overwhelming sentiment of former committee members and financial supporters is that certain individuals within the organisation have lost their passion and no longer wish to continue to advocate for the Macedonian cause via a dedicated human rights body as they had in the past. Furthermore, it is also a widely held belief amongst former committee members that the direction of the organisation is no longer in keeping with the sentiments of the Macedonian community in Australia.
AMHRC was at one stage, one of the pre-eminent human rights advocacy groups for the Macedonian people in Australia and throughout the Macedonian Diaspora but has unfortunately suffered from a lack of engagement with the community over the last 5 years.
They were notably absent during the organising of the community's rally against the name change in 2018 and have recently turned thier focus to promoting a book on Macedonian issues that contains contributions from known supporters of the Prespa agreement and the Zaev government.
WMC understands that the promotion of this book is one of the reasons that AMHRC has not initiated the official process of winding up the organisation until now and that they wish to officially launch the book as 'AMHRC' before formally cancelling the organisationís registration as an incorporated entity.
WMC strongly believes that this is not what the Macedonian community in Australia expects from its organisations and especially not one that was at the forefront of the Macedonian human rights struggle for several decades with the important note that its never to late to do the right thing".
Did you just write this yourself?
__________________
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:24 PM   #19
Liberator of Makedonija
Senior Member
 
Liberator of Makedonija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,464
Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Did you just write this yourself?
No, was written by someone at WMC-A. Pretty massive coincidence this occurred as this thread emerged though.
__________________
I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #20
Vangelovski
Senior Member
 
Vangelovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,402
Vangelovski is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
No, was written by someone at WMC-A. Pretty massive coincidence this occurred as this thread emerged though.
So is there a link, email, press release? Where did you find the text?
__________________
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump