Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #101
Voltron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,362
Voltron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
BTW, it's a sun/star symbol, possibly the earliest and most universal symbol ever depicted by humankind...it's origins probably outdate even human settlement in the Balkans...
Exactly.

The "fuss" started when a historical symbol was used for political purposes against a neighboring country.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #102
Phoenix
Senior Member
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,650
Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Exactly.

The "fuss" started when a historical symbol was used for political purposes against a neighboring country.
...against a neighbouring country...WTF?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #103
Voltron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,362
Voltron is on a distinguished road
Default

Neigboring Country aka as Greece or Macedonia depending on which camp you come from. Thought that would of been obvious..
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #104
julie
Senior Member
 
julie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: makedonska colonia
Posts: 3,869
julie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Exactly.

The "fuss" started when a historical symbol was used for political purposes against a neighboring country.
why the fuck are you still here with that comment you little Greek piece of shit
__________________
"The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev
julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #105
Phoenix
Senior Member
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,650
Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Neigboring Country aka as Greece or Macedonia depending on which camp you come from. Thought that would of been obvious..
..."obvious", what am I...a fuckin' mind reader...in an earlier post you said it was debatable that it was a Macedonian royal symbol at all...

It's a sun depiction that can be found on the earliest cave drawings known to mankind, thousands of miles away from the Balkans you banana...

Only one party in this dispute has claimed the SUN exclusively as their own.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #106
Voltron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,362
Voltron is on a distinguished road
Default

The only reason why I included both parties in my post is because Greece often times use it as an argument as well. Just trying to be objective.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #107
Phoenix
Senior Member
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,650
Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
The only reason why I included both parties in my post is because Greece often times use it as an argument as well. Just trying to be objective.
What is your point...have you got one...???
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #108
Voltron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,362
Voltron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
What is your point...have you got one...???
Man you make simple dialoge difficult.
The point is that its not a royal symbol first of all, secondly it was used in a political manner against Greece (in my view) which subsequently sparked a viscous chain of events that is holding both countrys hostage to some romantic idea of who were the Macedonians.
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #109
Phoenix
Senior Member
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,650
Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Man you make simple dialoge difficult.
The point is that its not a royal symbol first of all, secondly it was used in a political manner against Greece (in my view) which subsequently sparked a viscous chain of events that is holding both countrys hostage to some romantic idea of who were the Macedonians.
If it's not a royal symbol then what is it...if it's a simple depiction of the sun (or the planet Venus, as is most ancient Sun symbolism) who owns it...surely the modern 'greeks' don't have exclusive rights to it, any more than any race of people who live under the influence of the sun and its cycles...but you're the ones who've monoplized it through an act of political bribery and intimidation.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #110
Perun
Junior Member
 
Perun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
Perun is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Man you make simple dialoge difficult.
The point is that its not a royal symbol first of all, secondly it was used in a political manner against Greece (in my view) which subsequently sparked a viscous chain of events that is holding both countrys hostage to some romantic idea of who were the Macedonians.
It's interesting how everything we do (saying obvious things like the holocaust in Egej, our history and heritage, out name, RoM, etc.) is taken as a provocation.

But whatever Greece launches (bullshit customs officers, nazi attitudes, not recognizing the name of a country which already exists 20 years as autonomous, etc.) is just all in a day's work.

Think about it.
__________________
Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is
Perun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anthem, karev, kutlesh, macedonian anthem, macedonian sun, sonce, vergina


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump