Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
TrueMacedonian

TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough

Here's the original Truman Doctrine and it entails how much of the $350,000,000 or $400,000,000 modern "greece" received.

http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc_larg...sh=old&doc=81#

In essence they received $300,000,000 dollars in American aid as well as all the other perks they received from Big Brother America (according to this wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truman_Doctrine which really doesn't offer a source so don't take the number as gospel).

But there is something I want to bring forth in this topic which needs a bit more attention to detail. RTG touched upon the individual General James Van Fleet who Kostur received a statue of in Occupied Aegean Macedonia. From "The Peoples History of the United States of America" written by Howard Zinn on age 426 of the page posted on this topic;

Van Fleet started a policy - standard in dealing with popular insurrections - of forcibly removing thousands of Greeks (Macedonians) from their homes in the countryside, to try to isolate the guerrillas, to remove the source of their support.

I have a very strong feeling that if there was no American aid in modern "greece" the Republic of Macedonia would look like a much bigger country today.

Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 05-03-2010 at 07:10 PM.
TrueMacedonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

So it was not a case of sending the children away for their safety, it was more to do with removing the Macedonians that were supportive of the resistance. I feel sick.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Buktop

Buktop is on a distinguished road

This is the primary reason that Yugoslavia and USSR would not commit their full support of the resistance in Greece.
Buktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
TrueMacedonian

TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough

If you're sick now then listen to the actual speech;

YouTube - The Complete Truman Doctrine Part 1 (1947)
YouTube - Truman Doctrine Part 2 (1947)

and now something about the truth of this "greek civil war" but from Macedonians;

YouTube - Exhibition on expelled Aegean Macedonians from Greece

YouTube - Macedonian memoirs of the Greek Civil War 1946-49
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
Buktop

Buktop is on a distinguished road

This also lead to the McCarthy era and widespread fear of anything "communist" in the West, resulting in the persecution of Eastern European immigrants.
Buktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

TM,

You may already be aware of this site (from Yale University), but I thought I'd post it for you seeing you're a keen history nut Copies of key historical documents:

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/default.asp
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

YouTube - The Complete Truman Doctrine Part 1 (1947)

Time line 7:02
Quote: "The government of Greece is not perfect. Nevertheles, it represents 85% of the members of the Greek parliament. Who were chosen in an election last year. Foriegn observers including 692 Americans considered this election to be a fair expresion, of the view of Greek people."

Not that i give a shit about the Greek comunists or the Greek civil war. I just want to point out the west lies in particulor the US. Was the election realy fair or a load of US bullshit. Here is something i read regarding that elections Truman talks about, but first i will briefly post the led up to the start of the civil war.

"When the EAM ministers resign from the government a protest rally is staged by their supporters in Syntagma Square followed by a general strike. The British ambassador demands the government to not allow the Greek people to express their views through this protest (as they are entitled to in any true democracy) and the government agrees to break up the rally, by force if they have to. Whether by accident or by plan the police open fire on the demonstrators, killing several."

Hmmmmmm Democracy? No Dictatership inspired by UK? Yes

"In the United Nations Soviet Ambassador Vishinsky details attacks on Greek citizens by the British backed security battalions which British Foreign minister declared propaganda, claiming that upcoming elections in March would be free and honest. But with the countryside a battleground of murders and reprisals the communists want the elections postponed at least until order can be restored. The British tell the Greeks that the elections can't be postponed because the allied mission of election observers can't stay longer. Prime Minister Sophoulis declares that the elections will be held with or without the communists but privately urges them to participate."

"The British government pressures the Greeks to hold the elections as planned though they know the results will rip the country apart. Fourteen of the thirty-five ministers in the Greek government are against the elections, nine of whom resign. But it was not only the British at fault for this rush to a marred democracy. The United States made it clear to Prime Minister Sophoulis that it was in Greece's best interest not to postpone the elections. So despite knowing that disaster was around the next corner, the Greek government declared that since not even a two month postponement would be permitted by the UK and the US, elections would go on as planned. In the first free elections in 10 years only half the eligible voters of Greece actually voted. The two rightwing parties got a majority of these votes. The foreign observers low-balled the abstentions to give the election validity and claimed the elections fair since they had observed no violence or voter intimidation. But who was there to intimidate if the left did not participate?"

So was it a fair and Democratic Election?

Finaly, would these Western Democratic Dogs, alow Macedonia not to postpone elections if the pet Albanians refused to participate?

Last edited by Bill77; 05-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Bill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #18
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

"On May 16, 1948 the body of CBS News correspondent George Polk is found in the harbor of Thessaloniki several days after he'd left his hotel for an interview with Markos Vafiades of ELAS. This becomes an international news story, some say the equivalent of the Dreyfus affair (or the Lambrakis murder in the same city 15 years later). In the trial, another journalist, Gregory Staktopoulos is convicted of being an accomplice along with several guerilla leaders, (two of whom may have been dead before the murder). Staktopoulos who had worked for a local Greek Communist daily published clandestinely during the German occupation, was believed to have been the scapegoat and many theories circulate that Polk was killed by the Americans, British Intelligence, the Greek ultra-right, the communists or take your pick. Polk's articles had been very critical of the Truman Doctrine and the Greek Government. He had uncovered a scandal involving leading Royalist and Greek Foreign Minister Constantine Tsaldaris which could have brought down the government."

Well i'll be farrrked. If only we knew what this scandal was.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #19
Bill77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
"On May 16, 1948 the body of CBS News correspondent George Polk is found in the harbor of Thessaloniki several days after he'd left his hotel for an interview with Markos Vafiades of ELAS. This becomes an international news story, some say the equivalent of the Dreyfus affair (or the Lambrakis murder in the same city 15 years later). In the trial, another journalist, Gregory Staktopoulos is convicted of being an accomplice along with several guerilla leaders, (two of whom may have been dead before the murder). Staktopoulos who had worked for a local Greek Communist daily published clandestinely during the German occupation, was believed to have been the scapegoat and many theories circulate that Polk was killed by the Americans, British Intelligence, the Greek ultra-right, the communists or take your pick. Polk's articles had been very critical of the Truman Doctrine and the Greek Government. He had uncovered a scandal involving leading Royalist and Greek Foreign Minister Constantine Tsaldaris which could have brought down the government."
Quote: "Whoever killed Polk it was obvious to people that the communists are the scapegoats and unlikely perpetrators. When the New York Newspaper Guild attempts to send an independent team of journalists to Greece to investigate Polk's death they are pre-empted by a committee of prestigious media representatives, headed by Washington columnist Walter Lippmann. The Lippmann Committee refuses to back an independent inquiry, working with the State Department in monitoring the Greek government's investigation and appointing General William (Wild Bill) Donovan, the wartime head of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), as their counsel. Under pressure by the Americans to make an arrest Staktopoulos is picked up and tortured until he names the killers as two high-ranking communists on orders from the Kremlin and 'admits' his role was to set-up Polk. Unlikely story, but the Greek and International press bought it and that was the end of it. Except that Staktopoulos declares his innocence until he dies in 1988. In January 2004 his widow, Theodora Zisimopoulou-Staktopoulou’s appeal for a posthumous retrial based on claims that new evidence proves his innocence, is rejected by the Supreme Court of Greece. Clearly if the US and Greek governments were not involved in the murder their investigators had failed to ask the most important question when one wants to solve any crime; Motive. Who had the stronger motive for wanting Polk dead? The communists? Why? Was the interview with Markos so bad? On the other hand the Greek government might go to great lengths to avoid being exposed as corrupt or in the pocket of the US. And as for the Americans, one life is cheap to protect the world from communism".
Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #20
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
Well i'll be farrrked. If only we knew what this scandal was.
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=...page&q&f=false

Sending $25,000 out of Greece into a Chase Manhattan bank account according to the above link.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aegean, macedonians, truman doctrine