Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > На Македонски

Old 02-25-2016, 05:31 AM   #301
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
The Vicho (now Vitsi) is the mountain where too many Macedonians were killed. Even Grkomani shut the hell up when they go through there. If ghosts exist, that place would be full of them.

It is extremely close to my Father's village (Kotori) and is used as a pathway from Lerin to Kostur.

Now the Americans have a base there. And you are not allowed to even take photos there. I suspect nuclear warheads aimed at the rest of Europe.

SoM, that song sounds so familiar and I am am perplexed at my emotional attachment once I read familiar places and themes in the song.
Hi mate, you posted this on page 3 about 7 years ago (the MTO has been around for ages!). Anyway, your above post was in response to a song I had heard but didn't have a link to at the time. The song was about the Macedonians during and/or shortly after WWII and makes reference to Vicho Planina. Here are some links for this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LUxkzVRoOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80q9...EqeiSKY2fS-f_w
Old 02-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #302
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Hi mate, you posted this on page 3 about 7 years ago (the MTO has been around for ages!). Anyway, your above post was in response to a song I had heard but didn't have a link to at the time. The song was about the Macedonians during and/or shortly after WWII and makes reference to Vicho Planina. Here are some links for this song:

Great song. The first Macedonian tune that I memorized. I would whistle this tune so often at the farm-school I taught at that even some of the kids would whistle it as they did their farm chores.

I jas kje se boram mamo
za Makedonija
za Makedonija mamo
zemja izmachena
zemja izmachena mamo
od kleti fashisti
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #303
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Vicho (now Vitsi) is the mountain where too many Macedonians were killed. Even Grkomani shut the hell up when they go through there. If ghosts exist, that place would be full of them.

It is extremely close to my Father's village (Kotori) and is used as a pathway from Lerin to Kostur.

Now the Americans have a base there. And you are not allowed to even take photos there. I suspect nuclear warheads aimed at the rest of Europe.
How on earth did you get that idea? Of course there's NO American base there or anywhere in Macedonia. There's only one American base in Greece and it is in Crete.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #304
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
How on earth did you get that idea? Of course there's NO American base there or anywhere in Macedonia. There's only one American base in Greece and it is in Crete.
It's what the locals tell me. What would they know, they even call themselves Greek now. And it was about 10 years ago that I was told. So who is there? It was heavily secured.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #305
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's what the locals tell me. What would they know, they even call themselves Greek now. And it was about 10 years ago that I was told. So who is there? It was heavily secured.
(Retreating) No, they haven't lost it completely. The link includes a 1981 announcement of the Communist Party that refers to a ring of "bases", more likely secondary installations or spots related to the American bases; It includes a telecommunication base in Vitsi.

http://www.rizospastis.gr/story.do?id=6479564

Back then there were four American bases in Greece (two in Attica, and two in Crete) the major ones that the above text mentions first. The rest is a list of several things, some simple ones like radio stations, others more serious and interesting (base of nuclear rockets in Kilkis???) etc. I don't really know how accurate this is. It's possible there is misinformation, exaggeration or misuse of terms in this text. I couldn't find more.

Regarding what exists there now, there's some antenna installation of the Greek Army at

21 ° 22 ' 13 ''
40 ° 36 ' 43 ''

which seems like the spot you described, but I don't really know if it the same thing as it has evolved or a different one. Can you find something through google earth?
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #306
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:

Here is a short song about Vicho Planina. I don't have any recordings of it, just the lyrics and the notation:

Na Vicho ej Vicho Planina
I vo Pozdivskata Ramina
Ejj momi i momchina
Momi i momchina krenaja pushki na ramo
Da se bore za sloboda za Makedonija

Tamu e Gocheva brigada
I fashistite od neja stradaja
Ejj momi i momchina
Vo grada Lerina vleze Gocheva druzhina
Vo Kostura grada vleze Goceva brigada
Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 AM   #307
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
Here is a short song about Vicho Planina. I don't have any recordings of it, just the lyrics and the notation:

Na Vicho ej Vicho Planina
I vo Pozdivskata Ramina
Ejj momi i momchina
Momi i momchina krenaja pushki na ramo
Da se bore za sloboda za Makedonija

Tamu e Gocheva brigada
I fashistite od neja stradaja
Ejj momi i momchina
Vo grada Lerina vleze Gocheva druzhina
Vo Kostura grada vleze Goceva brigada
Goceva brigada i fashisti?
Avtoro gi ima zgreseno apcinjata izgleda
Old 03-03-2016, 02:50 AM   #308
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraganOfStip View Post
Goceva brigada i fashisti?
Avtoro gi ima zgreseno apcinjata izgleda
Didn't some Macedonian fighters from the WWII period name their brigades after earlier revolutionaries?
Old 03-03-2016, 04:01 AM   #309
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Didn't some Macedonian fighters from the WWII period name their brigades after earlier revolutionaries?
Ah,that makes more sense.
I thought it was Goce Delcev and his fighters (Goceva brigada), but it was just a brigade named after him.
My bad,I haven't heard this song before.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #310
vicsinad

It's from a book that was compiled in the 1960s. I haven't heard it either (except for playing it), but the chorus is a nice little melody. I also found it on my uncle's website (for which the link has been posted a few times before):

http://www.pelister.org/folklore/songs/pdf/0022.pdf