• Dec 2009

Your language: Откривање на Лаги и Пропаганда
    Bulgarian: изложи лъжи и пропаганда

wake up

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Steve1 View Post
      where is the proof? This is simply a statement but no proof. Of all the thousands of artifacs all point to the Greekness of Macedonians and not one points to yours.
      Malaka, what artifacts point to Greekness of Macedonia???? Greek inscriptions????

You fail to respond to the Ancient Historian quotes i posted. But your wiki is more reliable and the ancient historian quotes are just statements. lol
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Steve1
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        Malaka, what artifacts point to Greekness of Macedonia???? Greek inscriptions????

You fail to respond to the Ancient Historian quotes i posted. But your wiki is more reliable and the ancient historian quotes are just statements. lol
        Your pic profile states it all....the male lion is the greek and the little female taking up there is you

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

wake up
          That didn't take long now did it?

You've got quite the nose Billy.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Hey slav.....the proof is all around u but u r blinded by your own stupidity...wake up.
            Hey Albanian.....again "what link do you have with the ancient Greeks"
            i am blind. Please help me. There are many examples you claim. Help me wake up to it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Wow, Steve1 just begged me to ban him.
              So I did.

Actually he didn't beg, I just banned him. Why do those maggots have to lie? He pretends to be Macedonian with a desire to ask questions, then becomes the maggot that he has been programmed to be. I have no idea why they persist.

Steve, if you can read this, please respond somewhere that cares about you.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

wake up
                Yes our solunski priests spread macedonia alphabet not only to the Bulgarians.

But regarding your plastic nation,
                Ancient Hellenic language is TOTALLY differente to the modern greek language who is one of the two greek dialects Katharevousa and Dimotiki which was used from 1976 by linguistic greeks experts.
                -The hellenic ancient language is TOTALLY different of the modern greek language and the Greeks must to go in school to understand and to interpret the ancient hellenic language

Your modern Greek language contains 1300 turkish words,

Below you will find The “Iliad xxiv” which is a Ancient Greek Translation and read in Ancient Greek. Come on Mr ancient Greek, translate this for me you racist prick,

YouTube - The Iliad XXIV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

where is the proof? This is simply a statement but no proof. Of all the thousands of artifacs all point to the Greekness of Macedonians and not one points to yours.
                  I think your poor arguements have all fallen short, as usual, you mongrels fail to prove how Macedonia was "greek" thousands of years ago let alone 200 years ago. When the book above was posted you just sh!t your pants didn't you Stavro I love it when you ArvanitoSlavoVlachs have meltdowns. It just makes my day that much better pardner
                  Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Spartan
                    • Sep 2008

Ye

Below you will find The “Iliad xxiv” which is a Ancient Greek Translation and read in Ancient Greek. Come on Mr ancient Greek, translate this for me you racist prick,

YouTube - The Iliad XXIV
                    Actually Bill, someone with a good grasp of modern Greek could easily translate many of those words and sentences. Im not saying they could understand it 100%, but some of it for sure. Much better than if you or me were to try and understand English from only 1000 yrs ago i would bet.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Spartan, do you think more or less of the ancient texts would be understood if the katharevousa experiment did not happen over 150 years ago?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Spartan
                        • Sep 2008

I dont think that the intro of katharevousa would have much of an impact either way in the understanding of ancient texts Risto. It eliminated foreign words, more than it added old words as far as I know. I have no formal education in Katharevousa, yet I understand 90% of everything said at a church service based on my knowledge modern greek. I have a grade 5 formal education in modern greek (dimotiki), and can make out some words and sentences of ancient greek texts.
                        Last edited by Spartan; 01-19-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                          I dont think that the intro of katharevousa would have much of an impact either way in the understanding of ancient texts Risto. It eliminated foreign words, more than it added old words as far as I know. I have no formal education in Katharevousa, yet I understand 90% of everything said at a church service based on my knowledge modern greek. I have a grade 5 formal education in modern greek (dimotiki), and can make out some words and sentences of ancient greek texts.
                          Please don't take this as a racist or a smart ass coment. I will be honest and i know jack shit about linguistics. Which is why i am sincerely asking. There are around 1300 words that is in the Modern Greek language that are used also in the Turkish language. i am aware that there are many nations that get influenced by ither former ocupiers/empires or neighbours, But what do you sugest in this case, the turks have inherited many words of the ancient Greek language? or the Modern Greek is a mixture of a ancient form of Greek and Turkish?. sory for sounding so nieve.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

spartan that maybe the case but is it really inidicataive of continuity, when in fact most modern greeks had to be taught how to speak greek at some point in the 19th and 20th centuries. greek was the language of the orthodox church but even in rumania services were held in slavic so go figure how relevant greek really was before the 1824.

Comment

• Spartan
                              • Sep 2008

Please don't take this as a racist or a smart ass coment. I will be honest and i know jack shit about linguistics. Which is why i am sincerely asking. There are around 1300 words that is in the Modern Greek language that are used also in the Turkish language. i am aware that there are many nations that get influenced by ither former ocupiers/empires or neighbours, But what do you sugest in this case, the turks have inherited many words of the ancient Greek language? or the Modern Greek is a mixture of a ancient form of Greek and Turkish?. sory for sounding so nieve.
                              I dont know much about linguistics either Bill. I know the greek language pretty well, and with this knowledge can understand greek of any time period to a certain degree(some more than others). Obviously not 100% or anything, but like i said, some words and sentences i can catch. The more modern the greek, the more i can understand. Far more than I could understand the English of only 700-800 yrs ago though...far more.
                              As for the 1300 turkish words, that is a very small amount, and i dont see the signifigance that it has on the degree of continuity of the greek language over the millenias. It would be ridiculous to assume that modern greek is a "is a mixture of an ancient form of Greek and Turkish" based on 1300 words.
                              As for turks inheriting words from ancient greek, I dont think thats possible since there were no turks around at that time.
                              Originally posted by osiris View Post
                              spartan that maybe the case but is it really inidicataive of continuity, when in fact most modern greeks had to be taught how to speak greek at some point in the 19th and 20th centuries.
                              I dont think it could be indicitive of anything else but continuity Osiris. You are entitled to your opinion about how most modern Greeks learned the language recently, but i must respectfully disagree. I dont want to get in a long drawn argument, but i dont see how the language of a small minority was imposed on the vast majority. Now i dont doubt that there are many modern greeks who learned greek in the 18th and 19th centuries as you say, but `vast majority` or `most`... i dont know.
                              greek was the language of the orthodox church but even in rumania services were held in slavic so go figure how relevant greek really was before the 1824.
                              It was relevant to greeks

anyways, where you been man?? Its been a while.
                              I missed you around here

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                                I guess I was hinting at the idea that your ability to understand ancient texts is a result of katharevousa introducing ancient words into the modern Greek language.

Had it not been for katharevousa, I think far less would be understood. I honestly don't think there is much room for doubt about this.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X