X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

Amazing: Macedonian Culture Surviving in southern Aegean Macedonia

Just thought I would share this because I thought it was amazing that Macedonian culture continues to survive 10km off the coast of the Aegean Sea. In a village called Trikala (in both Macedonian and Greek), the villagers perform the annual Macedonian tradition of "Koleda" and perform songs such as "Bukite Rasvivat". This is significant because the region is surrounded by Pontian refugees and the area has never been in contact with influences from the Republic of Macedonia or from 19th century Bulgarian propaganda (if any Greeks were wondering). This village is near Kulakija (Halastra), where the famous "Kulakija Gospel" came from.

MAP: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Trikal...reece&t=h&z=12

Bukite Rasvivat

Τρίκαλα Ημαθίας 2010-Βukite rasvivat - YouTube

Koleda 2008

ΤΡΙΚΑΛΑ ΗΜΑΘΙΑΣ ΚΟΛΙΑΝΤΑ 2008 - YouTube
    Last edited by Niko777; 01-14-2012, 11:05 PM.
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

I just saw this thread, thank you for sharing Niko.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

very amazing indeed it says macedonians have really existed & were not created by someones imagination.This is reality in practice.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
      X