View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
Karposh

Karposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud of

If anyone on this forum has any real insight with regard to Aegean Macedonian villages, I'd be really interested to know if Kladorabi has always been a Grkoman village or whether this village is symptomatic of a much broader cross section of Macedonian villages who share these types of pro-Greek attitudes. I don't mean to sound naive and I know circumstances have forced these pro-Greek attitudes on people but I also know that there are many villages who do not share these attitudes. And, there are still others which are slowly waking up from their Greek stupor they have found themselves in, as the main character from this thread's narrative, Ted, managed to do. The reason I ask is that the odds don't look good if we take Kladorabi as a typical example of attitudes among Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia. One or two people out of a whole village who are not afraid to announce that they are in fact Macedonians don't seem like good odds at all.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote