View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 01:40 AM   #9
Redsun

Redsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mak View Post
Macedonians speak a slavic language, a "Macedonian that spoke a romanticised language" doesn't exist.

Your right, because that word doesn't exist. My fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
It is more commonly held that the Rumanians are a part of a wider group of romanized Dacians, known as Vlachs. Their language, like Rumanian, is largely derived from Latin, and they are the descendants of the romanized inhabitants of the Balkans, as the Rumanians also claim to be. There is, however, this important difference: the ancestors of the Vlachs of the Balkan peninsula lived under Roman rule for many centuries, whereas Roman occupation of Dacia was relatively short-lived. Vlachs of the Balkans are known to have migrated northward across the Danube, and at one time were numerous in Slovakia. Some writers, especially Hungarian and Slav, doubt whether the Rumanians are the descendant of the romanized Dacians and suggest that they derive from these Balkan Vlachs. The truth may perhaps lie between the two extremes, and the Rumanians of today probably derive from romanized Dacians, reinforced by Vlachs from beyond the Danube.

Not all Romanized Macedonian’s would have been bilingual (fluent in Latin), I doubt if there were many at all. A factor to be considered is the distance between where the Macedonian in particular reside and the location of the Roman civilization (fort or town occupied by Romans). The occupation (job/profession) of the Macedonian would have also been another factor, in the quantity and quality of their Latin language, for many it would have been merely a vocabulary, a mass of words acquired.

Romanized Macedonians may not have been bilingual (fluent), they did however have a secondary language derived of Latin and through the period of Roman occupation in the Balkans may have developed into something else.

Latin was the language of trade and Administration throughout the Roman Empire

Quote:
when the Rumans or Vlachs as such emerge into history, their centre of gravity was south of the Danube. The shift of their centre of gravity to the north, that is, to its present position (in political Rumania), took place later in the middle ages, most probably through migration and colonization rather than through the natural increase of and Daco-Roman population surviving there continuously from Aurelian’s time.
I asked you.

Quote:
Mad Mak, what is a Romanian? Did the “Romanian population” descend from a single race?
Which you replied.

Quote:
To say the truth, I don't know, I don't really care.
Fair enough… then you ask me.

Quote:
Define race and racial type.
How can I not consider this a rhetorical question?

I am perplexed as to why you are so determined to hold such a stance against the information I have provided without presenting any clear upheld knowledge on Romanian history.

Have you got anything to contribute to this thread? I created this thread for a better understanding of certain events which have also involved us.

Quote:
You still didn't answer my initial question, I know you want to make a point but filling your posts with unanswered questions is a bad habit, Redsun.
Thank you for our constructive criticism, I now acknowledge that asking open questions is not the correct procedure to acquire answers.

Last edited by Redsun; 03-02-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Redsun is offline   Reply With Quote