View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #8
Redsun

Redsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud ofRedsun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mak View Post
I have nothing against the romanian people but what does it have to do with Macedonian History?

If you read the information, you wouldn’t have asked this question.You may not be interested in “Romanian history,” nevertheless. The Roman military conquest in the Balkans created many ramifications against the native peoples including the Macedonians. In areas of the Balkans, portions of the native populations were killed and enslaved, this itself becomes the main focus of most studies the battles of the military conquests and the immediate consequences. One aspect commonly overlooked is the effect it had on others portions of the native populations due to land seizures, these native peoples were forced out of their own lands, resulting in a change of their lifestyles and certain customs, It is not known how many migrated Northwards and how far they reached taking into consideration the minor similarities in language between the native peoples. As for the ones who remained or returned during early Roman occupation, were they forced to live nomadically among the Romans and if so what effect would have that had on their "communication" and trade in lands now administered by a foreign tongue.

There is much to discuss, I created this thread for a better understanding of certain events which also involved us.

Quote:
The Vlachs in Macedonia are mostly 18th century settlers, there was a large influx following the Orlov Revolt and the destruction of Moschopolis. There was migrations from Thessaly too. I think there was some settlements during the Middle-Age in Macedonia, it was too a great period of migrations of aromanians, many settlements survived until the 20th century in Greece for example. Traditionally, Vlachs were nomadic pastoralists.

Many centuries divide Rome’s reign and the Orlov Revolt.

Quote:
I think you're going way too far by calling them "Romanized Macedonians".

What is the appropriate/correct term to denote a Macedonian that could speak the Latin language?

Last edited by Redsun; 03-02-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Redsun is offline   Reply With Quote