• Aug 2009

New Understanding of Western Eurasia in Prehistoric Times

New Understanding of Western Eurasia in

Prehistoric Times

Anton Perdih*, Petr Jandáček

* Corresponding author

[email protected]

Abstract

Politics of European dynasties of the 19th Century AD had an inordinate impact upon the nomenclature of the then emerging field of linguistics. One trivial isogloss - for "One Hundred" in Avestian "Satem" and in Latin "Centum/Kentum" had become sacrosanct for many as the absolute divide between two forms of "Indo-Germanic" languages. Yet another basic tenant of the 19th Century understanding was that the Slavs arrived in central Europe only recently. There is no evidence concerning the migrations of Slovenes or Macedonians during the 6th or 7th Centuries AD. Such mythology of migrations was fabricated between the 15th and 20th Century AD and has no documentation. There is ample evidence for the arrival of all of the neighbors of the Slovenes. There is also evidence for the migration of most of the neighbors of the Macedonians. Written sources of that time present explicitly that Slovenes were also called “Veneti”. Some data indicate that part of the ancestors of present Slovenes arrived from the southeast of Balkans, where they were the aboriginal settlers. "Genetic" data indicate that Slovenes are a mix of three main groups and some of their ancestors lived in their territories prior to 40,000 years ago. For a better understanding of Europe in antiquity it is imperative to establish as a fact that the ancestors of the Slovenes had resided in central Europe for thousands of years. There is increasingly more evidence that the older versions of all Indo-European languages are more like Slovene than are their more modern forms. The Kentum I-E languages are derived from Satem ones and not vice versa. These events did not proceed through internal developments in the proto-Slavic I-E languages, but primarily by the influence of proto-Slavic on neighbouring non-I-E languages and vice versa.

Subsequently, it was followed by elite dominance effect of some of the newly formed Kentum groups over some of the Satem ones. A new system of understanding the Indo-European Languages as "Core" and "Peripheral" is proposed for the 21st Century. We reach an understanding of true agriculture from foundations of proto-Slavic hunters, gatherers, fishers, and other preagrarian economies. This Proto-Slavic phenomenon is manifest not only in lands now occupied by Slavs but also in Asia Minor, Levant, and Egypt. Proto-Slavs in Europe had a profound linguistic influence in antiquity. This Proto-Slavic element is made conspicuous in this thesis from the British Isles to Anatolia and from the Baltic Slope to the Italian peninsula and Western Europe. The Proto- Slavic preeminence had been replaced by Hellenic, Roman and Germanic in more recent centuries.

Continues…

You will find the rest of the article at this link starting on page 38:

"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
Working...
X