Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osiris
    replied
    zeitan is what, i have never heard it as word in my 59 years until one minute ago on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    I see no reason to exclude Macedonians who are muslim.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    The Macedonians in Trebishte want to build a border crossing so they dont have to travel to Peshkopea 30km, apparently everything is good on the Albanian side they are waiting on us. Pogradec/Kjafasan is the Struga border crossing, Buktop has been there before.

Leave a comment:

• Mastika
    replied
    Originally posted by Blagojce View Post
    I was in Pustec early this year and all i can say is that it was an unforgettable experience. There are a lot of Macedonians near the border with Macedonia and they are also well concentrated in Tirana. I definitely recommend everyone to visit them and see how they have been able to keep the Macedonian identity alive!
    Blagoja, can you please tell me about the progress of the new Macedonian church in Pustec? From last I heard they stopped building it due to financial issues.

Leave a comment:

• Serdarot
    replied
    YouTube - Vebija Smaili - Kuzum bela Edije (Novo Spot 2010) Goranci

they were Macedonians.

most of them still feel and self-identify themself as Macedonians.

most of them are Muslims.

part of them are "poshiptareni" (Albanized, but still speaking their own language)

they are bein´ target of Serbo-Bulgarian-Albanian propaganda and terror for so long period.

rejecting all that propaganda, and fighting back the terror*, often they had to move their families to Macedonia or some foreign lands, and many of the Gorani today are living around the world, pecalbari... (they use the word "gurbetdjie"... another exodus of the Macedonians, what more to talk, we witnessed one in 2001... )

* = some "whatever nationality" bastard would beat, rape, kill some Goran, and they are very revengeable people, so -> send family to "some far away land" -> kill the bastard who dared to terrorize you

concidering Slovak´s comments, and those who have problem realising / accepting that they are ethnic Macedonians:

- what is Megalomanic in the claims / believe that the population of high mountain areas around Shara, that shares same culture, language (and heritage) with the Macedonians, are blood-related with us (the Macedonians)? Is also Megalomanic to claim that there are ETHNIC Macedonians in Germany and Australia?

i mean...

enjoy the track

edit:

i simply have to

YouTube - Vebija Smaili - Pukna puska, majcice (Novo Spot 2010) Goranci

i met several Gorani in my life, dudes, to some of them, i think is healthier NOT to say anything against Macedonia(ns), same like the Macedonian Muslims from Deb´rca... Makedonci do koska
    Last edited by Serdarot; 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    Originally posted by Blagojce View Post
    Can someone explain this video to me ??? A bit confused with these people.

Looks like the uploader of this video is confused more than you. He probably cant decide about his own identity and trying to name himself with his geography.

Leave a comment:

• Blagojce
    replied
    Can someone explain this video to me ??? A bit confused with these people.

YouTube - JA SOM GORANEC-I AM GORANI

Leave a comment:

• makedonin
    replied
    Zejtin is used mostly in whole Eastern Macedonia. Guess it is a Turkish word, but hey, Eastern Macedonia was full of Turkish villages, no wonder.

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    SoM, we say "maslo" for oil too, derived from "maslinki" our traditional olive oil

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    I have never heard of Zejtin in my life until this thread, the only word I know for oil, be it for cooking purposes, vehicles, or anything else, is 'maslo', which is related to the word 'maslinka' (olive).

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Bill, You dont say Zejtin too??

Its not just Skopje alot of people use the word Zejtin, Maslo is used aswell as Ulje but when you say Ulje its more like the use of Motor Oil.

Speaking of which Bill, Whats your opinion on Oil Wrestling (Pelivani)???
    i guess "zejtin" is a Turkish borrowed word as you stated that Turks use the same word. I have always known and used "Maslo" which then we get mrsno to describe something oily or slipery.

Oil wrestling? only when females are involved. But seriously, i never knew it was a sport in Macedonia.
    Last edited by Bill77; 05-17-2010, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    Bill, You dont say Zejtin too??

Its not just Skopje alot of people use the word Zejtin, Maslo is used aswell as Ulje but when you say Ulje its more like the use of Motor Oil.

Speaking of which Bill, Whats your opinion on Oil Wrestling (Pelivani)???

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Onur, You say Zejtin too?? So do we

Wrestling is very popular in the Eastern Macedonian region they even have a league there, i've seen them wrestle too they pour Zejtin on themselves and in order to get a grip they grab eachother by the pants.
    Only you skopjani say "zejtin" who is we. Majority call it "maslo"

Leave a comment:

• Pelister
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Pelister, have you got a reference or source that cites this event? Is it related to the area where Prohor Pcinski is located?
    I don't have it anymore. Before I came to my senses about UMD I put together a basic report for them on the Gorani. The information came from an UNPROFOR website and its cited in that report. The thing is I have lost my copy. I am certain that it was either 57' or 67' or thereabouts. I've been so flat out lately, but I will have a look around for it. Where is Prohor Pcinski? The region taken was strictly the Gora region. If you find Restelica on a map, it is basically the region around that.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    Here are some Pelivani from Macedonia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X