X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

RTG for president. The other guy writes a lot but doesn’t have an avatar.

Welcome Svetlana. Enjoy your stay on this site you will find many likeminded people here.

Comment

• Svetlana
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      thank the Lord that we are in separate hemispheres for fear of worlds colliding.
      World colliding? I am assuming you don't agree with some of his points?

Thanks you for the welcome ozimak. I hear there are many 'Maks' in Australia. Do you often 'skirmish' with the Greeks down there?

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Risto, you and Risto Stefov do have something in common.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svetlana View Post
          World colliding? I am assuming you don't agree with some of his points?
          Far from it. More like in Back to the Future when the professor meets himself. It could be dangerous and might cause irreparable harm to my flux capacitor.

Originally posted by Prolet
          Risto, you and Risto Stefov do have something in common.
          Aside from being even more attractive in real life than online and having Belomorska roots, I think you could pick us out individually in a lineup. He would also have a pen in his hand.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Eddie_rebel
            • Nov 2009

Е-книги на македонски јазик

Е-книги на македонски јазик (и/или за Македонија)

13 книги на македонски јазик и/или за Македонија

Околу 40 книги на македонски јазик - градска библиотека "Браќа Миладиновци" Скопје

Сердарот - Григор Прличев

Medieval Towns and Castles in the Republic of Macedonia - Ivan Mikulcic

Зборник - Миладиновци
            Last edited by Eddie_rebel; 08-06-2010, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• VMRO
              • Sep 2008

thanks chich, any chance you can upload "Medieval Towns and Castles in the Republic of Macedonia" scribd does not work for me, thanks again
              Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

all i can say it's pretty interesting that such things existed.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Macedonian flags fly in front of the Canadian Parliament CELEBRATING ILINDEN 2010

Macedonian flags fly in front of the Canadian Parliament

CELEBRATING ILINDEN 2010

By Risto Stefov

[email protected]

Ilinden is a Macedonian National Holiday celebrated annually on August 2nd to commemorate the 1903 Macedonian national Uprising against the Ottoman Empire.

There are many important events that take place during Ilinden, too many to mention, so this year I will write about my personal Ilinden experience.

Taking advantage of an open invitation, offered by Mendo Bakalovsky, President of the United Macedonians Organization in Canada, this year I decided to celebrate Ilinden at the United Macedonians traditional picnic followed by a visit to Ottawa. And who better to celebrate this important event with than the newly arrived Macedonian military officers.

Twice a year Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Borden offers English learning programs to foreign military officers and diplomats from over twenty countries worldwide in which Macedonian officers also participate.

As soon as I had made contact with the newly arrived officers I invited them to join me at the Ilinden picnic, which they accepted without hesitation. For them it is a great opportunity to meet the Macedonian community and make new friends. Having my invitation accepted by the Macedonians I felt confident to ask the Montenegrin officers if they too wanted to join us. To my delight they accepted and the six of us, three Macedonians, two Montenegrins and myself, were off to the United Macedonians famous Ilinden picnic.

We left CFB Borden at eight o’clock in the morning and arrived at the picnic site at ten where we were greeted with enthusiasm, handshakes, questions and all sorts of food and drinks.

After attending Church at the local St. Ilija Macedonian Orthodox Monastery we began a tour of the picnic grounds shaking hands and visiting with the picnickers. Everyone we met was courteous and happy to meet the officers and very generous with their food and drinks. At one place we ran into a group of Detsa begaltsi (Macedonian refugee children from the 1946-1949 Greek Civil War) with whom the officers spent a long time conversing and having their pictures taken.

As guests of the United Macedonians Organization we were seated at a table with dignitaries, among whom were Metropolitan Metodej, Macedonian Consul Ljubica Damjanovska, United Macedonians President Mendo Bakolovaki and St. Clement President Vlado Dimitrievski. We were served food and drinks.

At three o’clock sharp we were invited to attend the official United Macedonians Organization program which began with Chris Klashoff and the “Boys from Bouf” orchestra playing the Canadian and Macedonian anthems, followed by a memorial service in honour of the fighters who had fallen for the freedom of Macedonia and Canada.

All special guests were greeted by mention of their names. The officers were invited to go on stage and their ranks and names were mentioned; Lieutenant Colonel Orce Jordev, Lieutenant Colonel Zoran Iliev and Major Dimche Velkov from the Macedonian corps and Major Zoran Vukadinovich and Captain Aleksandar Popovich from the Montenegrin corps.

After the speeches, among others, delivered by the Macedonian Consul, the Presidents of United and St. Clement and by Lieutenant Colonel Zoran Iliev were over we reassembled back at the special guest table where Lieutenant Colonel Orce Jordev, on behalf of the officers and the Macedonian military, presented United Macedonians President Mendo Bakalovski with a token gift. After that the officers mingled with the picnic attendees answering questions and exchanging news and views.

It was most unfortunate that we could not stay for the selection of “Miss United Macedonians” as we had a two-hour drive back and were preparing for another event that we were invited to attend in Ottawa the next day.

It was nine in the evening by the time we got back to CFB Borden and after drinking a Turkish coffee with the officers I headed home.

After having about an hour of sleep, I was up at 1:00am, the morning on August 2nd, and was heading back to CFB Borden to pick up the officers so that we could be at St. Clement in Toronto by 3:45am. Our bus for Ottawa was leaving at 4:00am sharp and we could not afford to miss it. We arrived at St. Clement at 3:30.

The trip to Ottawa, endorsed by United Macedonians and St. Clement of Ohrid Macedonian Orthodox Cathedral, was organized by Vlado Dimitrievski in response to Macedonian Ambassador to Canada Ljuben Tevdoski’s request to celebrate Ilinden 2010 in Ottawa. But this was not an ordinary celebration as it involved Canada as well!

As a special gesture to the Macedonian community in Canada and to Ambassador Tevdovski’s initiatives, Canadian authorities invited the Macedonians to be their special guests at the changing of the Royal Guard ceremony in front of the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa.

The ceremony took place around ten o’clock in the morning and lasted about an hour. It was an exciting place to be as more Macedonians from the local vicinity and those vacationing in Ottawa, flying their Macedonian flags proudly joined us for the event. There were also tourists and onlookers by the thousands who gathered around to witness the event.

After the event was over we were all invited to stroll to the Macedonian Embassy nearby for snacks and drinks.

As we descended Parliament Hill we were approached by onlookers, curious to know about the flags and especially about the officer’s uniforms. They wanted to know who we were and what we were doing. Some, including a German man and his daughter vacationing in Ottawa, were invited by Ambassador Tevdovski to join us at the Embassy and they did. It was interesting that this German knew so much about Macedonia and Balkan geography and history in general.

The Embassy was packed with people but being fairly cool in comparison to the outdoors, no one complained and we all had a great time.

After that we went back to Parliament Hill in hopes of entering the Parliament Buildings. Unfortunately the next tour was scheduled to take place after our departure so instead we spent our remaining time strolling around the buildings, enjoying the sights until we departed for Toronto at one in the afternoon.

Sleepless and tired, the trip back was a grueling experience especially after we were stuck in traffic for six hours. The trip from Toronto to CFB Borden was a breeze in comparison as we drove in the opposite direction of heavy traffic. We were all back safe and sound by nine in the evening and after drinking my Turkish coffee (sorry, Macedonian coffee) with my new officer friends I was back home by ten, exhausted but happy.

And this is how I celebrated Ilinden 2010.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Any comments on this,i think it's all good how Canada respects Macedonia as a country,perhaps other countries can take a leaf from Canada.What are your thoughts?
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Eddie_Rebel

This is great
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Eddie_rebel
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                        thanks chich, any chance you can upload "Medieval Towns and Castles in the Republic of Macedonia" scribd does not work for me, thanks again
                        My pleasure. I don't know other service where I can upload "Medieval Towns..." but I belive you can download it from Zamunda.net.

----

English - Macedonian Dictionary Based on the Lerin - Kostur Dialects As Spoken by Oschimians- Risto Stefov

Предавствата и атентатите во македонската историја - В. Аковска и Н. Жежов

Марко Цепенков - Силјан штркот

Diplomatсki Dokumenti Za Makedonija

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

If they call Macedonia by her name the canaks are ok ehh.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                            • Apr 2010

Anyone go to the ILinden festival in Adalaide?

We went to the one In Toronto Ontario,

Makedoncite se borat
                            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

A big thank you to makedonetz people are having fun & remembering illinden.That's the freedom loving way of the macedonian people !
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonetz
                                • Apr 2010

George S its great wish we had gatherings like this every weekend!
                                Makedoncite se borat
                                za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                                - Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X