What is pure macedonian?
    rephrase: Who is pure Macedonian?

That would be you, George.

Comment

• Nikolaj
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Yes but what makes a pure slav???
      A Slav is a modernistic non-contextual propagandist term. Therefore I really can't answer your question.

How can an entire nation be classed as slav?
      It can't. Whoever says it can is ignorant towards history. It is neither a language or bloodline.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

thanks for the complement guys i knew i was a pure macedonian.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

One of the more unbelievable aspects of the Slavic Migration Theory is the apparent destruction of all previous languages where Slavic is today spoken in the Balkans. For example, when Arabic came to north Africa, the Berber language was never wiped out. It is still spoken today. This is true in South America too. But the Slavs apparently were so numerous -- even though in genetic studies so small -- that they wiped out all traces of the heretofore spoken Balkan languages.

Comment

• Nikolaj
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
            One of the more unbelievable aspects of the Slavic Migration Theory is the apparent destruction of all previous languages where Slavic is today spoken in the Balkans. For example, when Arabic came to north Africa, the Berber language was never wiped out. It is still spoken today. This is true in South America too. But the Slavs apparently were so numerous -- even though in genetic studies so small -- that they wiped out all traces of the heretofore spoken Balkan languages.
            Philosopher. May I ask what the most in-depth resource I could read on the 'slavic migration' theory is? I am willing to even buy it. If no specific book, maybe a website or online document that you may have used in the past? I'm sure there are many other things that would seem... odd to assume.

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
              Philosopher. May I ask what the most in-depth resource I could read on the 'slavic migration' theory is? I am willing to even buy it. If no specific book, maybe a website or online document that you may have used in the past? I'm sure there are many other things that would seem... odd to assume.
              You are a university student. You should be able to pull up thousands of references on this subject.

Comment

• Sovius
                • Apr 2009

Professor Schenker would be a good place to start, but a bad place to finish. He's Polish, yet German, an ethnic classification too complex for some, not descriptive enough for others.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                  You are a university student. You should be able to pull up thousands of references on this subject.
                  Haha not so much when you're doing an engineering degree. But thanks for reminding me, they do have online resources i'll see what I can find on there.

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
                  Professor Schenker would be a good place to start, but a bad place to finish. He's Polish, yet German, an ethnic classification too complex for some, not descriptive enough for others.

http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/pdf/0300058462.pdf
                  Much appreciated Sovius, you're a beast!
                  Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-24-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

thanks for letting us know about that sovius your'e the greatest,Sovius the great!!.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                      • Jul 2013

I too would like to learn more about the "Slavic migration" theory.

What would be the best resource that gives historical excerpts from writers of "the" time of the "migration theory."

There must be some collection of historical excerpts that can detail the "southward migratory path of the Slavs" into and through the Balkans.

The Roman Empire had reached past Dacia, I cant help but assume that all historical writings of the time would have been written by the Romans?

I wonder where Dacia would be located in today's maps. Western Romania? This was the edge of the Roman Empire at 117AD right? Bordering Ukraine?

I just want to know... How could some simple tribe pierce through the Roman Empire from Dacia and travel right through the Easter European lands that were at the time, under Roman rule.

I read this information recently posted, I don't want to comment on the thing but it was far away from what I expected, I thought it would detail the movement of the Slavs into the Balkans and how they overcame Roman rule.

It is mentioned, for full canvas on early Slavic History consult to such works as... three Authors, has anyone read these works?

What would be the best direction for me, I just want to know how the Romans lost control to theses tribes?

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

RS i think the slavic migration theory was covered in one of the threads it was covered ad nauseaum by constellation.The thing we found that it was a discredited theory.HOw come the theory stipulates there were slavic migrations in the 7th century ad ?Its been discredited that it doesn't explain the pre slavic theory on slavic influence and that the migrations might not have realy occured as people say.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                          • Jul 2013

Thank you George, your right it has been discredited.

I don't agree with the Slavic migration theory, now that it has been discredited I would like to see it obliterated.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                            • Aug 2014

RS i think the slavic migration theory was covered in one of the threads it was covered ad nauseaum by constellation.The thing we found that it was a discredited theory.HOw come the theory stipulates there were slavic migrations in the 7th century ad ?Its been discredited that it doesn't explain the pre slavic theory on slavic influence and that the migrations might not have realy occured as people say.
                            George could you link me to that thread specifically? I'm sure i've read it already but I never realised it was completely discredit.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                              I too would like to learn more about the "Slavic migration" theory.
                              Start here:

The first attestations of the word in the sense of “Slavic” can also be found in Greek, in the 6th century of ourera. According to Vasmer himself, for example, the attestation of sclavos in Agathias (6th century) already has the meaning of “slave” (Aebischer 1936, 485). How do scholars explain the
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

I can't understand exactly what has been discredited, by whom and when.

If there was no Slavic Migration how does one exactly explain Cyril and Methodius (for instance)?

Comment

Working...
                                X