Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Archaeologists Discover 4-Century BC Royal Burial Vault near Prilep, Macedonia

22 September 2009 | A royal burial vault was discovered by arcaheologists in the area of Pavla chuka, between the villages of Bonche and Podmol near the town of Prilep in southern Macedonia.
    The circular vault dates to the fourth century BC, the Vecher newspaper reported today. It has a diameter of 30 metres and is made of monolithic stones, each of them weighting two tons, which are undamaged although they are 2,500 years old.

The vault has an opening dug into a wall, and antique tombs were discovered inside of it.

The find was made by a team of archaeologists, led by Viktor Lilcik, which has been working on the project for the past three years.

According to Lilcik, cited by the publication, the newly discovered burial vault belonged to an important ruler, most likely one from the Palaeologan Dynasty. The archaeologist said he expects to find an inscription that will help determining the exact ruler to which the vault belonged.

The site is of exceptional importance to Macedonian archaeology, since such monumental sites are rare on the Balkans, Pasko Kuzman, head of the Macedonian Department for Cultural Heritage, told the publication. It will attract enormous attention in the scientific archaeological circles, he added.

The archeological complex will be put on the tourist map of Prilep and Macedonia in order to attract domestic and foreign tourists, the publication concluded.
    Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Let's hope they find something really interesting.

I hope they find Macedonian and/or Thracian inscriptions there, like any one of the thousands that have been seen and are being hidden by the Greek government.

Comment

• sydney
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
        Let's hope they find something really interesting.

I hope they find Macedonian and/or Thracian inscriptions there, like any one of the thousands that have been seen and are being hidden by the Greek government.
        in all honesty, shouldn't similar inscriptions that are supposedly being hidden by the greek government be also found in the republic and elsewhere?

Comment

• afterhours
          Banned
          • Sep 2009

Hello all!
          I have a question for the mods.

I am new to this forum and hope my stay here is longer than my stay at Maknews was. I lasted a few weeks there and was banned for (according to one of the moderators) "spamming". I was ALWAYS extremely respectful, even when that respect was not reciprocated, being called all sorts of names that were meant to be racial slurs.

I was banned for posting links to international museums, specifically the Metropolitan Musem of Art, the British Museum, and the Louvre. The title of the thread was coincidentally "Macedonian Archeology", and I figured that the links to the artifacts I had posted were not worthy of banning, even though they did not adhere to the view that I assume most of you hold.

My question to the mods is, will I be banned for posting Macedonian artifacts from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the British Museum, and the Louvre (amongst others) right here on this very thread entitled "Macedonian Archeology"?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by afterhours View Post
            Hello all!
            I have a question for the mods.

I am new to this forum and hope my stay here is longer than my stay at Maknews was. I lasted a few weeks there and was banned for (according to one of the moderators) "spamming". I was ALWAYS extremely respectful, even when that respect was not reciprocated, being called all sorts of names that were meant to be racial slurs.

I was banned for posting links to international museums, specifically the Metropolitan Musem of Art, the British Museum, and the Louvre. The title of the thread was coincidentally "Macedonian Archeology", and I figured that the links to the artifacts I had posted were not worthy of banning, even though they did not adhere to the view that I assume most of you hold.

My question to the mods is, will I be banned for posting Macedonian artifacts from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the British Museum, and the Louvre (amongst others) right here on this very thread entitled "Macedonian Archeology"?
            Hi Afterhours, how did you present your information? Did you flood the thread with a dump of information? Was it something like "Greek inscriptions in Macedonia prove Macedonia is Greek" sort of garbage? Or was it something like "Greek inscriptions found in Macedonia just like in Thrace, Illyria, Paeonia and the rest of the Balkans"?

Archaeology is an interesting subject and very informative, if you do have genuine links that aren't racist-based like many Greek websites and have information to provide then do so, but not with an agenda of trying to prove that Macedonians are Greek because some educated native inscribed him name in a rock with Greek letters. I can show you Illyrians with Greek names inscribed on their graves, Thracian and Paeonian coins with Greek inscriptions, etc, it does not mean what so many of you Greeks want it to mean.

Respect that you are among Macedonians here, do the right thing by us, and we will reciprocate.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

simple solution why doesn't he send you SOM some of the stuff if it's worthy of being shown then you can decide as you know & have some expertise.What do you reckon.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

I'd like to think that our members are sensible enough to do the right thing when posting, hence, I don't wish to go down the path of pre-screening their posts. I trust that Afterhours will be of the sensible type and post with relevance and not agenda in mind.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• afterhours
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Hi Afterhours, how did you present your information? Did you flood the thread with a dump of information? Was it something like "Greek inscriptions in Macedonia prove Macedonia is Greek" sort of garbage? Or was it something like "Greek inscriptions found in Macedonia just like in Thrace, Illyria, Paeonia and the rest of the Balkans"?

Archaeology is an interesting subject and very informative, if you do have genuine links that aren't racist-based like many Greek websites and have information to provide then do so, but not with an agenda of trying to prove that Macedonians are Greek because some educated native inscribed him name in a rock with Greek letters. I can show you Illyrians with Greek names inscribed on their graves, Thracian and Paeonian coins with Greek inscriptions, etc, it does not mean what so many of you Greeks want it to mean.

Respect that you are among Macedonians here, do the right thing by us, and we will reciprocate.
                  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Soldier of Macedon!

I only posted 5 or 6 links in that specific thread over at Maknews, so I'm not sure if you would consider that flooding or not. I am here for healthy dialogue and debate, and nothing more.

The links that I have are of stelae, tombs, staters, busts of Ptolemaic kings and queens, marble portraits, bronze masks, kitchen utensils, sarchaphogi, helmets, gemstones, statues, reliefs, jewelry, mosaics, etc.

It has nothing to do with Greek inscriptions, but what these museums themselves state on their official websites. If this is grounds for banning, then I won't bother wasting both our time with posting them. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are up for serious debate, then I will not hesitate to post these links.

I do in fact have genuine links that aren't racist-based that come from various reputable museums from all over Europe, North America, Australia, etc.

Ps, I am very repecful and am in no way here to denigrate Macedonians or anyone else for that matter! That being said, I hope we can engage in serious debate!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Afterhours sounds very reasonable to me.
                    We have never screened messages here nor made Greeks do anything differently to any other contributors on this forum.

Afterhours will soon demonstrate his willingness for dialogue and debate.

I look forward to his links that highlight Macedonian artifacts and archeology. They may well help to highlight the collective history we Macedonians and Greeks share.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• afterhours
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Afterhours sounds very reasonable to me.
                      We have never screened messages here nor made Greeks do anything differently to any other contributors on this forum.

Afterhours will soon demonstrate his willingness for dialogue and debate.

I look forward to his links that highlight Macedonian artifacts and archeology. They may well help to highlight the collective history we Macedonians and Greeks share.
                      Thanks Risto!

Before I post any links, I must warn you that the material in the links that I post may not adhere to what your perception of the ancient Maks is, at least I don't think they will. I think you know where I'm going with this. I will reiterate however that these links do come from highly respectable museums and NOT propaganda sites.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by afterhours View Post
                        Thanks Risto!

Before I post any links, I must warn you that the material in the links that I post may not adhere to what your perception of the ancient Maks is, at least I don't think they will. I think you know where I'm going with this. I will reiterate however that these links do come from highly respectable museums and NOT propaganda sites.
                        I would hope you don't show archeology from propaganda sites afterhours.
                        I would be very surprised if you show anything that does not conclusively prove the Greekness of Macedonians. But warn you that the Hellenic scripts would be hardly be helping given the fact no other scripts are readily noted in the same era.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

So we don't bog down this thread with conversation that may soon become irrelevant to the thread, I will create a new one in the history section, Afterhours, please post your links and information intended for here over there, and let's discuss.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

I only posted 5 or 6 links in that specific thread over at Maknews,
                            I will only adress you once about this situation seeing as I don't want to bring another forums issues into this one. I received a PM from Dimko about you flooding his and Volks topic with 22 different posts. You could have posted everything in one post but you decided to be a jackass and make 22 individual posts with your cheerleader giving you the ol' hip hip hooray. Don't try and make it seem that you were a victim when you were trying to prove the 'greekness' of ancient Macedonia in an annoying way.
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X