What do Greeks do when they read about Alexander and Phillip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    I'd respect you guys if you told me...okay yes. We are not related to the ancient Macedonians who are clearly Greeks in language, culture, and religion, but we did migrate to Macedonia in x century and have been living here since.

If you had the balls for once be honest with yourselves, I'd respect that and so would many Greeks. It's not the name that pisses us off the most, but the clear distortion of history.
    You know the rules Demos.
    You write here in the dominant language of civilisation now ... it is called English.

Just like the land titles in Greece used to be drawn up in French back in the day ... English dominates the world now. Are you really that mentally spasticated to comprehend that written languages were not abundant 2000 years ago? You still cannot grasp EVERY document that mocks the "apparent" connection Alexander and Philip had with the Hellenes. That EVERY history book describes them as two races. That EVERY history book identifies the Macedonians as foreign in culture and customs to the "civilised" (thieving) Hellenes. Do your eyes glaze over when you read these things sunshine? Do you want me to post some of these up? Will you then reply with the attempts Alexander made to be considered part of the "in-crowd". A bit like that goof-ball from Pakistan when Cheney said he was a crazy bastard but one of our crazy bastards? The Iranians have more connection to Alexander than the Hellenes. He dropped the Hellenes like they were hot by the time he was tapping Roxanne! Spare me with your simplicity.

I describe Macedonians as a collective grouping of people who have endured Hellenistic, Roman, Ottoman and Slavic influences/oppression over the last 2500 years. How do you define Greeks in response? What tales of glory will you recount. Your perspective is unrealistic. Mine is entrenched in reality. And you want to quote inscriptions from 2300 years ago. Are you fucking normal? Is that it? C'mon, give me more you snivelling Greek apologist.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

there is only one greek on this forum and thats spartan, the rest are wannabbees.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Seriously, every historical text spells out the relationship of the Macedonians with the Hellenes. Clearly they were not the same people. Does the average Greek reader merely ignore the historian's assessment and continue to believe in something their current Government propagates instead? I just don't get it.
        In my experience these new Greeks don't give a shit about the truth, all they care about is public opinion. For them as long as everyone believes or thinks the ancient Macedonians were Greeks, who cares what the professionals have to say. They need to convince the people.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Demos View Post
          Risto,

If you ever see "Sasha Veliki" inscription unearthed anywhere at Heraklea or even "Aleksandar" call me...until then "mour mou" as we say in Greece...

I'd respect you guys if you told me...okay yes. We are not related to the ancient Macedonians who are clearly Greeks in language, culture, and religion, but we did migrate to Macedonia in x century and have been living here since.

If you had the balls for once be honest with yourselves, I'd respect that and so would many Greeks. It's not the name that pisses us off the most, but the clear distortion of history.

I'd actually respect you modern "greeks" if you admitted your real recent past. To have been Albanians, Vlachs, Slavs, Turks, Armenians, Jews, Arabs, etc. one day and supposed inheritors of the ancient Hellene culture the next day leaves many of us Macedonians to laugh at you and poke holes in your past.
          Trust me your past is in greater question than ours is. So do us a favor and spare us the BS. You know you are just as much a Slav than we are.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

its so easy to talk about a time we may never be able to verify true mak but when the truth about the recent past is starring you in the face and it doesnt suit you ignore ignore and ignore thats the waannabbe tactic. according to dna tests they are 1 % less slavic than us and that includes their middle eastern refugees in the dna mix. what would their slavic % be if the excluded the prosfigi from turkey.
            Last edited by osiris; 02-03-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great
              I describe Macedonians as a collective grouping of people who have endured Hellenistic, Roman, Ottoman and Slavic influences/oppression over the last 2500 years. How do you define Greeks in response? What tales of glory will you recount. Your perspective is unrealistic. Mine is entrenched in reality. And you want to quote inscriptions from 2300 years ago. Are you fucking normal? Is that it? C'mon, give me more you snivelling Greek apologist.
              No one in the world could have said and summed it up better. Excellent, logical and completely in line with reality.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

I describe Macedonians as a collective grouping of people who have endured Hellenistic, Roman, Ottoman and Slavic influences/oppression over the last 2500 years. .
                What's this "collective group of people"??

What connects them so strong ?

A label you ve put today in the morning...Macedonia ?

You people are trying to draw a line that connects Alexander I (described himself as a Hellene) ,Samuil (described in all sources as Bulgarian) ,the Komitadji and you...
                Well this is really hard to be described as a "collective group of people" who had some influences but remained solid and concrete since Aleksandar Veliki time...

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Hey Tera,jebali smo mater svima,zato vas toliko ima!!
                  Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                  - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
                    • Sep 2008

Vrh brate!
                    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                      What's this "collective group of people"??

What connects them so strong ?

A label you ve put today in the morning...Macedonia ?

You people are trying to draw a line that connects Alexander I (described himself as a Hellene) ,Samuil (described in all sources as Bulgarian) ,the Komitadji and you...
                      Well this is really hard to be described as a "collective group of people" who had some influences but remained solid and concrete since Aleksandar Veliki time...
                      Trying to draw a line?
                      No .... looking out of my window bre zaspan eden.
                      You people are trying to draw an imaginary LSD expedition of technicolour fantasy and you want to compare with me?

I asked your ilk to prove how many Bulgarians there were in Kosovo. It was some census they attempted to pass of as conclusive the other day. Are you really that keen on equating my people with something else? If the Ohrid archbishopric remained and continued in opposition to the church of Bulgaria, would we still be having this discussion?

You know what, apparently the Turks of Greece and Macedonia had their own dialect such that the language used was very identifiable and unique. Perhaps the Greeks should have adopted that as something unique for themselves. They would have embraced the "tourkospore" much more readily in this way.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

It's really hard to follow discussions in pure ancient Macedonian..

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Quite frankly, it is.
                          Nobody has found any examples of it.
                          But I can help you if you need to know what happened over (at least) the last 1500 years.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

Quite frankly, it is.
                            Nobody has found any examples of it.
                            But I can help you if you need to know what happened over (at least) the last 1500 years.
                            So,now the "Hellenistic" and "Roman" influences on the eternal Macedonian ethnos became "at least the last 1500 years".

I guess some more reality check, will shrink this period rapidly.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Where did I say that?
                              Your favourite historians talk of the Slavs who UTTERLY DOMINATED the region for the last 1500 years. The Tourkospores of the 1920's came later. How else can I help you with your history?

Hellenistic was in fact the shortest influence out of all of them by the way.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

Don TerraNova, what drives you to keep coming here trying to negate our identity and existence?

Comment

Working...
                                X