Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Constellation
    • Jul 2014

George is saying that I refused to identify myself to the admin of the forum and that I keep repeating the Slav argument, and ends with “Izgledat ne i makedonec”, which basically means “it looks like he is not Macedonian”. George, how do you know this?

Lavce states for me not to worry and that we should not argue, but for me to write in Macedonian to prove I am Macedonian.

Dragan agrees with Lavce, and begins to posit a conspiracy theory of how I am using Google and Google Maps to deceive the forum. He then later asks why I don't know Macedonian, and ends with the request that I should yell (bekni, or as pronounced in English, “veeknee”), so it can be filmed or recorded on lenta/tape.

Vangelovski posits that maybe I just don't know Macedonian, and maybe that explains why I don't write in Macedonian.

Gocka defends me and states “ima mnogu nasi so neznat ni dva zbora”, which basically means "there are many of our own who do not know how to speak Macedonian”. I was born outside of Macedonia (stranstvo), he writes, and me being a foreigner would explain my lack of Macedonian.

Ah, but I do know how to speak Macedonian. How do you think I get by when I travel to Macedonian? You think I speak English?

Obviously, you people did not figure I know how to read Macedonian.

Comment

• Constellation
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      Don't let it get to you. People can be kind of defensive, since we get idiots posing as one thing or another on a regular basis. I didn't exactly get the read carpet treatment either at first, come to think of it I still don't nor does anyone else.

Your answer and your word is good enough for me. I wish we could all just ask you everything upfront instead of beating around the bush and then accusing. I'll admit something didn't seem right, but we also did kind of jump on your back from the get go.

I can agree with a lot of what you posted.

The only things that I want to ask you, and forgive me if it offends you somehow, I only want to get a good idea of what your beliefs are. How do you feel about Bulgaria? Do you think Macedonians are a distinct ethnicity apart from any other, including Bulgarian? Answer me this like you have everything else I asked and I wont have any more questions.
      Macedonians and Bulgarians are distinct ethnicities. While the languages are similar, it is Bulgarian which owes its language to Macedonia, and not as the Bulgarians and the Greeks claim Macedonia owes its language to Bulgarian.

Macedonians cannot be Bulgarians, for today's Macedonians are part of the older Mediterranean cluster of nations. It is impossible, therefore, for them to have become Bulgars or to descend from Bulgars.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

con whils.t you mention that the macedonian language is not bulgarian.You didn't mention that the original bulgars died out a long time ago.They were replaced by tartars,turkish style,mongols.Look at these so called bulgarians with slanted eyes.Yes they are using our language and alphabet.Everything doesn't seem to be what it is.The bulgarians are not man enough to admit to this and that they are wrong in their claims tha macedonians are bulgarians.This brings us into the real picture.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Constellation
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          con whils.t you mention that the macedonian language is not bulgarian.You didn't mention that the original bulgars died out a long time ago.They were replaced by tartars,turkish style,mongols.Look at these so called bulgarians with slanted eyes.Yes they are using our language and alphabet.Everything doesn't seem to be what it is.The bulgarians are not man enough to admit to this and that they are wrong in their claims tha macedonians are bulgarians.This brings us into the real picture.
          So I guess this makes me Bulgarian then?

Yes, I failed to mention this, as this was not the question posed by Gocka. Moreover, the theory that they are mongols may not be true. Igenea, for example, has the following numbers for Bulgarians:

Bulgaria:
          49% Thracian
          15% Slavs
          15% Hellenic
          11% Macedonian
          05% Phoenician

I have to say at the beginning that the issue with the name is NOT something that should be looked at through genetic point of view. Our cas...

There is no indication of Turkish admixture here.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

Well then lets get back to the topic at hand shall we?

I was born in and lived in the the Republic of Macedonia for half my life, specifically the Ohrid region. In that area of all my extended family probably numbering close to a 100 people not a single one has a name with Slav in it. My friends, neighbors and acquaintances which is hard to put a number on, but maybe 5 or so people out of 200-300, have a name with Slav in it. Maybe, I find that those kind of names are more common in Eastern and Northern Macedonia, but just slightly in comparison to the almost none in western Macedonia. Overall I think in comparison to Bulgaria, and Serbia, we have by far the smallest occurrence of those kind of names, which seems to have spiked in the Yugoslav era and now a days is all but dead.

As far as names being used as far back as the middles ages, that's true, but I also would pose the question what the purpose or meaning of the word Slav in a name has. For example Miroslav, Mir which means peace, Slavish, to celebrate, so the name means to celebrate peace, I don't think it means Peace the Slavic one. It seems the names that have slav in them are names that could be verbs, and not just names of people. Vojoslav, Branislav, these names are in my opinion verbs that are being celebrated, and note meant to denote a lineage.

Originally posted by Constellation View Post
            Macedonians and Bulgarians are distinct ethnicities. While the languages are similar, it is Bulgarian which owes its language to Macedonia, and not as the Bulgarians and the Greeks claim Macedonia owes its language to Bulgarian.

Macedonians cannot be Bulgarians, for today's Macedonians are part of the older Mediterranean cluster of nations. It is impossible, therefore, for them to have become Bulgars or to descend from Bulgars.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Vangelovski posits that maybe I just don't know Macedonian, and maybe that explains why I don't write in Macedonian.
              That's not really what I said.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Constellation
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Mozno e da ne znae.
                This does not mean “maybe he does not even know” Macedonian? What part was misconstrued by me?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

This does not mean “maybe he does not even know” Macedonian? What part was misconstrued by me?
                  My quote function is playing up...does this happen to anyone else - you click on the quote button but then the dialogue box is empty whereas it should have the text qouted for you?

That part does mean that. I never wrote the second part:

Vangelovski posits that maybe I just don't know Macedonian,and maybe that explains why I don't write in Macedonian
                  You also never said anything about the sentence in cyrillic.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Constellation
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    My quote function is playing up...does this happen to anyone else - you click on the quote button but then the dialogue box is empty whereas it should have the text qouted for you?

That part does mean that. I never wrote the second part:

You also never said anything about the sentence in cyrillic.
                    What does it mean then? Please, explain.

As for the second part, it was more of a inference from the overall conversations.

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Its correct, really its "It is possible that he does not know" but it was close enough.

How did you work that out? You couldn't have used Google translate since it wont recognize non Cyrillic.

Do you know any Macedonian or just don't know how to write it?

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

If you detectives want to slip him up then you are better of using Latin and not Cyrillic, since he can use the internet to translate Cyrillic, but Latin would require understating of the words.

Comment

• Constellation
                          • Jul 2014

Its correct, really its "It is possible that he does not know" but it was close enough.

How did you work that out? You couldn't have used Google translate since it wont recognize non Cyrillic.

Do you know any Macedonian or just don't know how to write it?
                          I was not born in Macedonia, and I have never attended a Macedonian school in my life. I know how to speak it. I worked it out because "Mozno" means (as I understand it) "maybe". You have translated it as "possible". Same difference.

"e" can mean "and, even" "da ne znae" "he does not know".

My overall characterization of everyone's posts was accurate, with inferences added he and there. And no, Google was not consulted (I'm not even sure if Google offers Macedonian, does it?).

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

It is the same difference really. What did I say to Dragan?

Given you don't know Macedonian, you have never used Google translate to translate Macedonian to English, which yes Google does offer. Do your parents speak Macedonian? I think you said they were born in Macedonia.

I was not born in Macedonia, and I have never attended a Macedonian school in my life. I know how to speak it. I worked it out because "Mozno" means (as I understand it) "maybe". You have translated it as "possible". Same difference.

"e" can mean "and, even" "da ne znae" "he does not know".

My overall characterization of everyone's posts was accurate, with inferences added he and there. And no, Google was not consulted (I'm not even sure if Google offers Macedonian, does it?).

Comment

• Constellation
                              • Jul 2014

It is the same difference really. What did I say to Dragan?

Given you don't know Macedonian, you have never used Google translate to translate Macedonian to English, which yes Google does offer. Do your parents speak Macedonian? I think you said they were born in Macedonia.
                              Yes, my parents were both born there. All of my extended family still live in Macedonia. My parents do not live there, however.

What you wrote Dragan? I will check now. Dragan means "precious", and "Dragi" is shorthand.

Comment

• Gocka
                                • Dec 2012

Yes that's what Dragan means. Do you parents speak Macedonian?

Yes, my parents were both born there. All of my extended family still live in Macedonia. My parents do not live there, however.

What you wrote Dragan? I will check now. Dragan means "precious", and "Dragi" is shorthand.

Comment

Working...
                                X