Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bij
    • Oct 2009

I believe his tomb is in east Macedonia. But you can only imagine the blood that would be shed over the tomb of Alexander? Especially if found in Macedonia????

Better let ghosts sleep for the time being...

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
      I believe his tomb is in east Macedonia. But you can only imagine the blood that would be shed over the tomb of Alexander? Especially if found in Macedonia????

The only blood shed would be from the Greek side after slashing their own wrists. I say lets put them out of their misery and send them lots of razor blades then expose the tomb.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        The only blood shed would be from the Greek side after slashing their own wrists. I say lets put them out of their misery and send them lots of razor blades then expose the tomb.
        you honestly think they'd leave macedonia alone if the tomb was i macedonian territory?

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
          • Sep 2010

you honestly think they'd leave macedonia alone if the tomb was i macedonian territory?
          If they do anything, the world will see the greek occupiers trying to steal more Macedonian land and history.

I doubt they have balls to do anything. Turkey is waiting on the other side of the road to attack them .

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Yes. If you are suggesting some sort of military actions, What would their legitimate argument be for a military attack?

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

What makes you believe the tomb is in East Macedonia...?

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                (from wikipedia)

Alexander's body was placed in a gold anthropoid sarcophagus, which was in turn placed in a second gold casket. According to Aelian, a seer called Aristander foretold that the land where Alexander was laid to rest "would be happy and unvanquishable forever". Perhaps more likely, the successors may have seen possession of the body as a symbol of legitimacy (it was a royal prerogative to bury the previous king).At any rate, Ptolemy stole the funeral cortege, and took it to Memphis. His successor, Ptolemy II Philadelphus, transferred the sarcophagus to Alexandria, where it remained until at least Late Antiquity. Ptolemy IX Lathyros, one of the last successors of Ptolemy I, replaced Alexander's sarcophagus with a glass one so he could melt the original down for issues of his coinage. Pompey, Julius Caesar and Augustus all visited the tomb in Alexandria, the latter allegedly accidentally knocking the nose off the body. Caligula was said to have taken Alexander's breastplate from the tomb for his own use. In c. AD 200, Emperor Septimius Severus closed Alexander's tomb to the public. His son and successor, Caracalla, was a great admirer of Alexander, and visited the tomb in his own reign. After this, details on the fate of the tomb are sketchy.
                The endless stream of wikipedia quotes are quite annoying, I suggest that you hence forth source the material yourself and end the wikipedia quoting. Next time you answer with a wikipedia quote I will ban you, is this understood?
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Wasn’t Alexanders mum supposed to be Greek so even if his tomb was found and any DNAsurvived would it be a conclusive answer. Even today some Macedonians have married Greeks would DNA tests prove they were Macedonian or Greek.

But if true that the tomb is in RoM it should be brought out.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                    Wasn’t Alexanders mum supposed to be Greek so even if his tomb was found and any DNAsurvived would it be a conclusive answer. Even today some Macedonians have married Greeks would DNA tests prove they were Macedonian or Greek.

Hmmmm what do you mean by Greek?

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Hmmmm what do you mean by Greek?
                      She was from Epirus, titled Olympias of Epirus, i am not sure what demonym you will give them.
                      Last edited by Daniel the Great; 10-03-2010, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Is anyone here from Stojakovo, or the nearby villages?

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post

Which modern greek can trace back to Alexander?

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                            Is anyone here from Stojakovo, or the nearby villages?
                            I have a strina from there, she has a house and everything there. But i've never been to Stojakovo before.

The was one guy who was from Stojakovo on the Maknews forum, i forgot his name.

Im pretty sure Aleksandar's grave is in the Gevgelija region
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              Im pretty sure Aleksandar's grave is in the Gevgelija region
                              how can you be so sure prolet...?

Comment

• Dejan
                                • Sep 2008

Anyone read Mystery of the Copper Book by Donski? It talks about the subject of where Aleksandar's body may be buried in Macedonia. I found it interesting
                                You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X