• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damian
    Banned
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by damian View Post
    Not to mention the Greeks were not universally welcomed when they entered Macedonia. I was reading an article some time ago from the Greek Army planning during the Balkan Wars and originally their territorial goals were much more modest in Macedonia then what they ended up with. Kostur, Lerin for example were taken purely sponataneously. I will try to find the article and post it. When you scratch the surface the real purpose of carving up Macedonia was economic,i.e: new taxpayers, agriculture land, ports, trading stations, railroads etc. I think even the most powerful Greek "ciftliks" were pro-Ottoman. I will post more on this.

Greeks and Greek state have no business being on our territories. Ditto Serbia and Bulgaria. Ditto Ottomans. Why people cannot understand that?
    Here is the article,:

Consider the following passage,:

"But among the two elements, there were still the shifting
    groups, mostly of the peasantry, with yet no concrete national orientation. This central
    zone of Macedonia, where this ethnic confusion existed, was defined in consular
    reports as follows: To the north it ran from lake Ohrid to Krousovo, south of Prilep,
    north of Bitola and then on a line all the way to Nestos (Mesta) river, leaving inside the
    belt the towns of Strumnitsa, Petrich, Melnik, Nevrokop. To the south it commenced from Grammos, covered half of the Kaza of Kastoria, south of Florina and Edessa,
    north of Kozani, Thessaloniki, Chalkidiki, all the way to Serres and Drama10.
    As a result of this assessment, the northern tier of Macedonia was crossed off from
    the national program of the Greek Megali Idea, admittedly with a certain degree of
    reluctance on the part of the most ardent nationalists. Immediately, Greek historians
    sought to armour the new line with scholarly evidence, proving that, indeed, the
    excluded region had, in fact, no historical grounds to be considered as Macedonia, as it
    had never been part of the ancient Macedonian State11. Thus, the northern limits of the
    central belt had, early in the 80’s, formed the maximum of Greek claims in Macedonia."

But read the entire article its a really good one.
    Last edited by damian; 07-01-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

That is so true damian post that article.Also on the partitioning of macedonia if the greeks din't come the bulgarians would have taken over instead of the greeks.They both were neither happy with their share they wanted more.How can one country belong to four other countries??They can if it's just a land grab!!
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
        Banned
        • Jun 2012

The article is there in PDF. Grease can't do nothing without foreign support once that goes they are finished. But ROM is in the same cycle.

Comment

Working...
        X