X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
    I find it a revelation that the translation of the middle text, using some aspects of the Macedonian langauge (some) and their method, have perfectly identified people's names and places (which are dead accurate), including a few archaic Greek terms thrown in, which wouldn't make any sense to anyone unless they had a deep knowledge of ancient Greek deities and terms.
    How do you explain the following:

1) other texts written in the same script, all of which are in an Egyptian language
    2) no other texts written in the same script, in the suggested Macedonian language
    3) no other evidence of the official use of Macedonian as the state language

There are much better chances of uncovering Macedonian written in the Phoenician script adopted by the Hellenes, in the Balkans.
    I guess my point is that not a single term appears at this stage, to be an anochronism - which I find remarkable for a whole bunch of reasons.
    Pelister, have you read the so-called 'decipherment'? The sentences appears incoherent and far from any perfect match to Macedonian. Here is a previous post of mine:
    Here is a snapshot of this so-called decipherment:

Воо Ке Ѕе Л Јь НаШьВеИ НаВьЈоо Мо Зе А ВооИ НаЗееВе ГосподаЛ(Р)То И Жо ВеЊе НаЗееБоНЦа А Жо На ЗееН ЈьНЦа

In English:
    The sun like Dze and it is in the temples of the my greatest Ze and you call him the Master and he is protector of the buildings of the citizens of the town of the spirit of Ze (Ptah), Memphis, as well as the protector of the young of the (moon) light
    I have checked the english translation of the Greek text, and like Slovak said earlier, I can only find superficial 'similarities' limited to a few words.

Furthermore, the words, grammar and syntax all seem odd, and are not consistent with the contemporary languages that were spoken during that time. I mean, look at this:

Воо Ке Ѕе Л Јь НаШьВеИ НаВьЈоо Мо Зе А ВооИ НаЗееВе ГосподаЛ(Р)То И Жо ВеЊе НаЗееБоНЦа А Жо На ЗееН ЈьНЦа

Here is how they broke it down from the middle text:

I am yet to see what sort of lexical and grammatical guidelines they have applied and if they are consistent with Proto Balto-Slavic and Paleo-Balkan languages and their descendants, or even if they are consistent as a PIE tongue. Have a look at this, they aren't really that similar even on a superficial level (literary Macedonian is a direct translation, even though their written english also has mistakes):
    English:
    The sun like Dze and it is in the temples of the my greatest Ze and you call him the Master and he is protector of the buildings of the citizens of the town of the spirit of Ze (Ptah), Memphis, as well as the protector of the young of the (moon) light

Tentov/Boshevski:

Literary Macedonian:
    Сонцето како Dze и тоа е во храмовите на мојата најголема Зи и ти го нарекуваш мајстор и тој е заштитник на зградите на граѓаните на градот на духот на Зе (Птах), Мемфис, како и заштитник на младите од (месечина) светлина
    Knowing this, on what solid basis do you support the 'decipherment' presented by these two individuals? I am in the process of reading their presentation from the link right now, I doubt my opinion will change, but it is 88 pages long, and seems to be detailed. I don't want to sound negative about it, but nothing I have seen thus far has been of any subtance, I will follow up with a review.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• rosetta
      Banned
      • May 2011

The two Macedonians are the first in the world to have decoded the midle text of the Rosetta Stone.
      !!!!!
      So, it seems that a whole science and efforts of 200 years have slipped their attention.

How does that pass in their universities without pressing questions? And what about the public view? Don’t they have books or access to internet?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Rosetta, at least we are honest enough to admit when something doesn't sound right, unlike people like yourself who waste their lives trying to spread their lies on forums where they have been repeatedly banned.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• rosetta
          Banned
          • May 2011

I am an honest person (I hope) and have never spread any lies. Maybe, you don't remember who I am.
          New Thread - All evidence, fully sourced and referenced, when possible, is most welcome.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

You are a Greek who harbours deluded views about Macedonian history, and I anticipate nothing new from you, even if you are the same person as Akzion, it doesn't mean you haven't signed up with other usernames also.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

som znam deka go kladoa na stranata cmhs rozeta lectura ama koj ke klikas na zborovite
              starski makedonski jazik nemozis da vlezis oti stalno veli loading .as ke my kazam na webmaster da go ispravit za da videme.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

SOM its a pdf file on the canadian macedonian historical society website.THe whole lecture notes are there.

Last edited by George S.; 06-07-2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Thanks George, I have flicked through it a bit, will do some further reading in the coming days.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Thanks SOM i thought if there's anyone that should look at it is your goodself to see what's going on & we can get a final determination.You got other resources you can call on if need be at MTO(people).
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      How do you explain the following:

1) other texts written in the same script, all of which are in an Egyptian language
                      2) no other texts written in the same script, in the suggested Macedonian language
                      3) no other evidence of the official use of Macedonian as the state language

There are much better chances of uncovering Macedonian written in the Phoenician script adopted by the Hellenes, in the Balkans.

Pelister, have you read the so-called 'decipherment'? The sentences appears incoherent and far from any perfect match to Macedonian. Here is a previous post of mine:

I am yet to see what sort of lexical and grammatical guidelines they have applied and if they are consistent with Proto Balto-Slavic and Paleo-Balkan languages and their descendants, or even if they are consistent as a PIE tongue. Have a look at this, they aren't really that similar even on a superficial level (literary Macedonian is a direct translation, even though their written english also has mistakes):

Knowing this, on what solid basis do you support the 'decipherment' presented by these two individuals? I am in the process of reading their presentation from the link right now, I doubt my opinion will change, but it is 88 pages long, and seems to be detailed. I don't want to sound negative about it, but nothing I have seen thus far has been of any subtance, I will follow up with a review.
                      I have to go back and read their paper again. I don't fully understand it yet. I guess getting the basics right is a good place to start, such as what script is it written in. But followed through logically there method seems to be solid. What I think they've done is identify a cluster of symbols that repeat themsevles throughout the text - this can be done quite easily through a very careful analysis, so that rather than look at it syllable by syllable, they have identified 'groups' that could be words or phrases. If I understand it right, what they have done for example is identified a word - for the sake of the picture, lets say its the word 'God' (except its the Macedonian word for 'God'). They find that this word occurs in four or five places in the text. Assuming they have identified the word correctly, what they have then is something like a primer. They are able to match individual letters with the symbols in the text - giving them key clues as to the formation of other words in the text. So if they have correctly identified a word as 'Gospod', then they have the symbol for the letter, 'G', 'O', 'S', 'P' and 'D'. They can then partially fill in the rest of the text, letter by letter. The fact that they have been able to do this, using words found in the Macedonian language - and essentially deciphered the entire text in a way that is coherent, and properly names ancestors, deities (in Macedonian), including some Greek words, as well a few unexplained anomilies, is a miraculously result. If the initial Macedonian words which they claim to have identified - were simply wrong - then there is no way they would have been able to produce an entirely coherent, and historically factual translation. My instincts are telling me they have nailed it, but I have to go back are really look at it with a fine tooth comb.
                      Last edited by Pelister; 06-09-2011, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• RitaC
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                        So if they have correctly identified a word as 'Gospod', then they have the symbol for the letter, 'G', 'O', 'S', 'P' and 'D'. They can then partially fill in the rest of the text, letter by letter.
                        Champollian did this already almost 200 years ago.

See below the details of decpihered text.

The fact that they have been able to do this, using words found in the Macedonian language - and essentially deciphered the entire text in a way that is coherent, and properly names ancestors, deities (in Macedonian), including some Greek words, as well a few unexplained anomilies, is a miraculously result. If the initial Macedonian words which they claim to have identified - were simply wrong - then there is no way they would have been able to produce an entirely coherent, and historically factual translation. My instincts are telling me they have nailed it, but I have to go back are really look at it with a fine tooth comb.
                        Champollian's decipher produces a much more coherent result and fully corresponds to the Greek and Hieroglyphic texts on the Rosetta stone.

Further, it has been used to translate other Demotic texts with complete success.

What kind of result do we produce if we apply the mad scientsts' decipherment on the script below?

Im guessing that someone with an excellent grasp of old Macedonian should easily make sense of this using the new decipherment.

Give it a try Pelister. The text is short and shouldn't take more than a few minutes to translate one of the lines.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Hey Ritac have you read the lecture notes at the cmhs website.It's got pdf lecture notes & they explain how they deciphered it.If you haven't check it out before we make a decision.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

welcome back rita

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by RitaC View Post
                              Further, it has been used to translate other Demotic texts with complete success.
                              I don't understand why there was a failure to take this into consideration. Did they just ignore this fact? Did they think it has no relevance? If sound values have already been given to the characters in the text, how did they come up with theirs? I have read the PDF presentation and it does appear that they used a trial and error formula until they could make some sort of 'sense' (for want of a better word) out of it. I need to spend a little more time doing some comparisons, even though deep down I feel that I am wasting my time, I think for the sake of clarity and not having Macedonians believe in this sort of story-telling, it needs to be done.

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Каменот од Розета и Античките Македонци
                                јуни 10, 2011 Од: Димитровски Љупчо Рубрика: Петта страна на светот

Што знаеме за Каменот од Розета? Доволно, особено по она што го открија минатата година академик Тоше Бошевски од МАНУ и професор Доктор Аристотел Тентов од Електротехничкиот факултет: средниот текст од писмото на него е на античко- македонски јазик стар 2.200 години.

Резултатите од нивните истражувања кои, како што тврдат „ќе предизвикаат страшен удар на досегашното учење на историјата“, деновиве тие ги презентираа во Словенија.

Основни сознанија за Каменот од Розета:

Во 1798. година Египет го зазеде францускиот војсководец и државник Наполеон Бонапарта (1769-1821). Една година подоцна еден војник на неговата окупациска војска во селото Розета сосема случајно, копајќи ров, пронашол рамен камен од црн базалт на кој се наоѓаат 3 натписи. Горниот дел содржи 14 редови на хиероглифски текст, средниот 32 реда демотско писмо, а долниот 54 реда грчко писмо.

Еден офицер веднаш го прочитал грчкиот натпис со следната содржина:

„Во Мемфис во 196 г.пр.Хр. се собраа свештеници од целиот Египет. Се советуваа за тоа какви почести ќе му се дадат на младиот фараон Птоломеј V кој многу направи за храмовите и свештениците. Одлучено е во секој храм да се постави по еден кралски кип со плоча на која на 3 писма ќе се овековечи тој настан“.

Тријазичниот текст на плочата веднаш го привлекол вниманието на научниците кои го започнуваат нивното проучување. Египетското сликовно писмо, хиероглифите, го привлекувало вниманието на стручњаците уште од античкото време, но бидејќи тоа излегло од употреба при крајот на антиката никој не ја знаел неговата тајна.

На почетокот од 19. век неколкумина стручњаци истовремено се обидувале да го најдат одговорот што се точно хиероглифите и како хиероглифските текстови можат да се читаат. Сепак, најголем придонес во дешифрирањето дале Англичанецот Thomas Young (1773 - 1829) и Французинот Jean-Fran็ois Champollion (1790- 1832). Young во 1814. година докажал дека демотското писмо од каменот не е алфабетско, а забележал и дека кралските имиња се посебно означени со тркалести знаци. Така ја насетил тајната на хиероглифите неколку години пред Champollion, но поради неможноста од натамошно финансирање морал да ги напушти своите истражувања.

Jean-Fran็ois Champollion со споредба на неколку египетски споменици со хиероглифско писмо и грчкиот натпис од Каменот од Розета успеал да ги одгатне имињата Птоломеј и Клеопатра. Ги пронашол и буквите п, т, л, м, потоа с, к, е, а, в, како и знакот за буквата т. Открил дека египетското писмо се состои од фонетски и идеограмски знаци. Забележал дека писмото низ долгата историја на Египет доживеало некои промени, па така настанало хиероглифското, потоа поедноставеното хиератско (свештеничко) и едноставното демотско писмо (за секојдневна употреба; демос- народ).

Демотското писмо станало службено при дописите во работите во книжевноста. Тоа било мошне популарно, но со време се развило во коптско. (Копти е израз кој се користи за верниците на Коптската православна црква во Египет).

Токму средниот текст на Каменот од Розета, напишан на демотско писмо, македонските научници го откриваат како античко- македонски, со што се урива една заблуда: дека античките Македонци биле неписмени. Демотското писмо го сметаат за писмо на нивниот јазик, а од него директно потекнува нашиот денешен македонски.

Тентов тврди:

„Дел од овие зборови што се откриени во ова писмо се пронаоѓаат во нашиот современ јазик и во нашите дијалекти, а исто така дел од зборовите биле пронајдени и во јазиците на другите словенски народи“.

Според преводот на декретот на Птоломеј V, Египтјаните се запишани како Аѓупци, Македонците како живи господари, а Грците како Данајци.

Бошевски и Тентов се убедени дека писмото на античките Македонци било претходница и на римското писмо. Бошевски вели:

„Такво писмо после тоа ние најдовме кај сите стари европски народи. Најдовме исти знаци во етрурското писмо. По наше длабоко убедување, претходник е на римското писмо во реонот на Средоземното Море“.

Тентов: ”

„Воспоставуваме континуитет со античките Македонци. На светот ќе имаме шанса да му презентираме, според нашите сознанија, една цивилизација која досега се сметаше дека е загубена“.

Дополнува Бошевски:

„Структурата на дијалектите на нашиот македонски јазик ќе има големо наследство од јазикот на античките Македонци од периодот на Птоломеите“.

Како доказ за постоењето на овој јазик е и новооткриениот текст на еден камен кај опсерваторијата Кокино, напишан со истото писмо.

Очигледно, станува збор за епохално откритие кое, сигурен сум, во светот допрва ќе добива признанија. Ние, вообичаено, кога станува збор за наши вредности, творечка работа и врвни остварувања, и натаму остануваме „збунети“, поточно рамнодушни. И за делото на Тентов и Бошевски чекаме признание од странство, па потоа…

Каменот од Розета и Античките Македонци

For fair use.

This article is floating around FB and I though that it might be relevant to the topic and thus I post it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X