• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
    my mama used to always say, sve ke izlezi na belo videlo, pravinata sekoj pat ke bide izlezeno, i gospod ke tuzhi tie shto pravat losho, i shto se prodavat za pari
    You are right that the truth (mostly) comes out in the end - I just hope it doesn't take until God starts judging.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

I never thought people of high learning echelons would stoop to so low dephs.But obviously they do for personal glory & obviously they think they will be held in high esteem by all.They will be found out eventually & they will get the treatment they desrve.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Did anybody go to their lecture about this so-called 'decipherment' in Canada? Or is there anywhere we can obtain the material in the lecture?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Did anybody go to their lecture about this so-called 'decipherment' in Canada? Or is there anywhere we can obtain the material in the lecture?
          Anybody at all?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

i've asked mk if he knows,the other person i could ask would be r stefov??
            i didn't go & i don't know who went.
            Last edited by George S.; 05-26-2011, 10:20 AM. Reason: e
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Som found this on maknews:
              The lecture went from 2pm to about 5pm, and the only guest was Professor Aristotel Tentov, as Mr. Boshevski had called in sick (wimp).

The first half hour was very hard to hear, as Mr. Tentov had the microphone too far from his mouth, and for some reason the people from the Toronto side weren't saying anything about it. However, after a short intermission and some Ajvar and other snacks, some Macedonian tea, the team was ready to go once again get going, this time with perfect sound.

Mr. Tentov's research is HUGELY important, and also very interesting. There was lots to be learned, and it's very interesting to see some words that they used in Ancient Macedonia still are used today by our people. For example they used "nashion" to describe "our people" just as we use "nashite" or in some dialects even "nashion" directly. They referred to their King Aleksandar as "bozhin" which ofcourse means "divine", and this is also a name used today in Macedonia.

The professor went into detail of the methods they used to decipher the middle text or "demotic text" as it is referred to on the Rosetta Stone, and he showed his proofs which exist in modern Macedonia in various museums and archives.

A very interesting part of his presentation was his background flag. He had the flag of the Republic of Macedonia today (8-ray) and it was rather unusual that given the ancient presentation he didn't have the 16-ray sun of Kutlesh. His very last sentence in his speech he went to explain why he had this flag, because during his research (and pure coincidence) he learned that the 8-ray sun is actually a few hundred years OLDER than the 16-ray sun of Kutlesh!! He said there is an example of a carved stone in a museum in Kratovo, Macedonia today that is about 7,000 years old and therefore the oldest proven symbol of the Macedonians. Very cool!!

I encourage all of you to visit www.macedonianhistory.ca to get more information, become a member, and attend some events. They said the slideshow of the entire presentation will be available to people who request it by e-mail through their website. For any of you who missed the lecture, this is a great way to catch up.
              Extract From Maknews
              ps i've emailed the contacts at .macedonianhistory.ca[/url] for some stuff to be emailed to me as well asking r stefov to write something.
              Last edited by George S.; 05-26-2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: ed
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

SOM this is the reply i got from risto:
                Zdravo George,

I do not intend to write anything more about the Rosetta Stone center text translation. I have already written about a dozen or so article on it.

Here are a couple of links where you can find more information on the subject;

SOM I'm still waiting on the macedonian historical society to post me an email on the slides of the lecture Tentov gave.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

I'm pretty sure Lubi was there so when he gets here he may feel up to it PLUS it will give him a chance to have 2 posts here in 3 years .. LMFAO

George, he's a bit shy from me and may feel more comfortable posting a reply next door? He's a one on one kind of dude and the gang scene scares the hell out of him - very painful
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM.
                  http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I don't blame Risto Stefov for not wanting to write anymore about the Rosetta Stone.
                    The professor went into detail of the methods they used to decipher the middle text........slideshow of the entire presentation will be available to people who request it by e-mail through their website.
                    George, seeing as you've already reached out a little, why don't you request the slideshow be sent to you by email?

Have a look at this:
                    A very interesting part of his presentation was his background flag. He had the flag of the Republic of Macedonia today (8-ray) and it was rather unusual that given the ancient presentation he didn't have the 16-ray sun of Kutlesh. His very last sentence in his speech he went to explain why he had this flag, because during his research (and pure coincidence) he learned that the 8-ray sun is actually a few hundred years OLDER than the 16-ray sun of Kutlesh!! He said there is an example of a carved stone in a museum in Kratovo, Macedonia today that is about 7,000 years old and therefore the oldest proven symbol of the Macedonians. Very cool!!
                    It would appear that some Macedonians still believe in, and make excuses for, wild rock theories. If this snapshot is reflective of the whole presentation, then I don't hold high hopes for any explanations they could offer which would corroborate this seemingly colossal waste of time. Happy to eat humble pie if I am proved wrong. But I don't think I am in danger of that.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

I'll see if can get the slides emailed to me.
                      By the way have a look at this link i don't it's got heaps of stuff about demotic translations.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• rosetta
                        Banned
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        He said there is an example of a carved stone in a museum in Kratovo, Macedonia today that is about 7,000 years old and therefore the oldest proven symbol of the Macedonians. Very cool!!
                        That's an interesting statement, but I couldn't find any relative publication, or even a picture of this carving, e.g. in the Kratovo Museum website.
                        I believe it is the stone pictured here, but I can't clearly see anything. Can anybody help?

Last edited by rosetta; 05-27-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Welcome to MTO

I'm going to assume that you did not attend the Toronto lecture?
                          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

Dimko thats fake
                            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Welcome to Rosetta.
                              macedonian canadian historical was going to put up the slides of the lecture of their website.So far i haven't heard from tjhem.
                              Mk since youre there any ideas???
                              Last edited by George S.; 05-28-2011, 01:17 PM. Reason: ed
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X