Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RitaC
    • Dec 2010

Tentov and Boshevski pulled their translations from deep in their arses.

There is a great BBC series, 'Days that shook the world'. One of the episodes focuses on the discovery of the Stone and subsequent attempts by Champollian to decode the Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Champollian was able to decipher the hieroglyphic text because the stone depicted the same decree in three different texts.

Champollian's translation has subsequently been used by scholars to successfully translate every other hieroglyphic text.

The translation SOM provided does not match the one provided by the Grk poster.

The mathematical probability of the Demotic script being successfully deciphered in one particular way and then being re-deciphered to to say something completely different, would probably be the same as me winning Powerball 300 weeks running.

I'm no linguist or Egyptologist, but just applying basic logic is enough to know that Tentov and Boshevski need urgent and intensive psychiatric treatment.

Comment

• RitaC
      • Dec 2010

Whilst there is a possibility that this issue being discussed will lead to nutter Macedonians being enlightened, I truly believe that any benefit is far outweighed by the shame of having neutral visitors being made aware that such crackpot theories are emanating from Macedonian 'academics'.

I implore the moderators to remove this shameful thread from the forum.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

What annoys me is that each and every hair-brained myth in relation to Greeks is automatically embraced by academia as "most likely" and to this day not given the scrutiny they deserve.

In this particular case, the engineers who developed this theory are now visiting a Macedonian Diaspora community to tell them of their research. They deserve to be challenged (as all do).
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• RitaC
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          What annoys me is that each and every hair-brained myth in relation to Greeks is automatically embraced by academia as "most likely" and to this day not given the scrutiny they deserve.

In this particular case, the engineers who developed this theory are now visiting a Macedonian Diaspora community to tell them of their research. They deserve to be challenged (as all do).
          See, ordinarily, a ground breaking discovery such as this would be peer reviewed by academics of the great classical departments of the world.

In this instance, Tentov and Boshevski are presenting their findings to the Macedonian diaspora.

This alone should be ringing massive fucking alarm bells.

Comment

• ennea
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by RitaC View Post
            Tentov and Boshevski pulled their translations from deep in their arses.
            That's certainly harsh. Still, it seems they have invested too much time in an effort that seemed stupid (since the beginning) and they're now too stubborn to step back.
            They'll be giving a lecture, invited by Canadian Macedonians, at the facilities of University of Toronto. Well, UoT has at least 3 legitimate Egyptologists, C Geisen, RJ Leprohon and K Goebs. Maybe, they'll be there to confront them.
            We're sorry. It looks like this page was moved or deleted.

We're sorry. It looks like this page was moved or deleted.
            Last edited by ennea; 04-23-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Whilst there is a possibility that this issue being discussed will lead to nutter Macedonians being enlightened, I truly believe that any benefit is far outweighed by the shame of having neutral visitors being made aware that such crackpot theories are emanating from Macedonian 'academics'.

I implore the moderators to remove this shameful thread from the forum.
              I have no interest in insulting either Tentov or Boshevski, it is not about 'exposing' them, it is about critically assessing their works and methodology. The benefit of enlightening Macedonians, be they a 'nutter' or young, naive and/or ignorant, is most important. I see no reason why opinions should be suppressed where it concerns this topic, the truth should always be paramount - and it's not like this whole issue is confidential.
              Originally posted by Risto the Great
              I agree.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• indigen
                • May 2009

Misirkov [03-05-11 #94]

Регистриран Mar 2005
                Мислења 10,103

Номинално

Само за информација, Бошевски и Тентов продолжија со работа и дешифрираа и други текстови. Излезе дека не се работи само за писмо, туку за систем на броеви и календар, меѓу другото.

Што подлабоко завлегуваат, тоа порелевантни информации излегуваат на површина. Впрочем, затоа беше толку гласно врескањето на Марија Ѕамали и Петар Илиевски да ги дискредитираат Бошевски и Тентов.

Инаку Руската Академија на Науките се повеќе застанува зад наодите на Б&Т.

Во мешувреме, на 15ти мај 2011 година, ќе се одржи дискусија во Торонто на темава.

flyertogo2011.jpg

Taken from Kajgana forum
                For fair use only

The above, IMO, is some interesting info from a respected Kajgana contributor (He is Moderator and Administrator on a number of their forums, as far as I can ascertain.)

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

See, ordinarily, a ground breaking discovery such as this would be peer reviewed by academics of the great classical departments of the world.

In this instance, Tentov and Boshevski are presenting their findings to the Macedonian diaspora.

This alone should be ringing massive fucking alarm bells.
                  Rita why is it Macedonian academics are scrutinised and yet Grkos "findings" are taken as gospel?
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Инаку Руската Академија на Науките се повеќе застанува зад наодите на Б&Т.
                    I Ruskata akademija e poznata za prodavanje mnogu pufki za nekoi raboti.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• RitaC
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                      Rita why is it Macedonian academics are scrutinised and yet Grkos "findings" are taken as gospel?
                      Ok. lets get into a race with the grks to see who can sink to the lowest depths quicker.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Look, it's a battle to demonstrate the truth, we don't need to race against those Greeks who spew up lies and garbage. But at the same time, there is no doubt that several of those lies are taken as gospel by western academia, much of it due to the fact that they themselves are responsible for creating most of these lies and distorted versions of events.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Ok. lets get into a race with the grks to see who can sink to the lowest depths quicker.
                          The nature of Greek historiography is not in dispute. These New Greeks deliberatly lie, distort and misrepresent. In New Greece, its systematic. The criticism of Western institutions - your so called 'best in the world' is justified, given that it is the Western tradition that holds up the lies of the New Greek. Julie is spot on in her assesment. While invading 'Greeks' try to convince the rest of the world, we are not indigenous, or unique or distinctive, at the same time, they are spreading bullshit about their own heritage, roots and history. Burying the Macedonians under false labels, isn't just a tradition created by the New Greeks, its a Western tradition - which is why Western institutions are as culpabable and responsible for gross bullshit when it comes to the history of the region, and the representation of its people. The number of classic professors who signed that bullshit letter to Barack Obama, tell us all we need to know about what so called "academics" are really thinking.
                          Last edited by Pelister; 05-11-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

There is a saying that it will all come out in the wash.THey all will be caught out whther its greek or macedonian.You can only fool some of the people some of the time & it's just a matter of time.As someone pointed out they will be found out by the criteria/methods etc they use to come to their conclusions.But people who support them try to justify their deeds by saying two wrongs make a right,
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GeorgeS
                              THey all will be caught out whther its greek or macedonian.
                              That's the way George, and that should always be the way.

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

my mama used to always say, sve ke izlezi na belo videlo, pravinata sekoj pat ke bide izlezeno, i gospod ke tuzhi tie shto pravat losho, i shto se prodavat za pari
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X