• Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Poisoning of Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great poisoned by the Styx River

Thursday, 05 August 2010

Scientists from the US Stanford University believe that Alexander the Great, the King of Macedonia, was poisoned by the water from the River Styx in Greece.

The river was believed to be the mythical entrance to Hell.

It was based on a real steam now known as the Mavroneri, or Black Water, which springs from mountains on the Peloponnesian peninsula.

The researchers have found correlation between the symptoms suffered by Alexander before his death, and the effects of the highly toxic bacterium found in the river.

The King of Macedonia fell ill during a party at the palace of Nebuchadnezzar II in Babylon, and after a 12-day agony died aged 33.
    For many centuries historians believed he had died of typhoid or malaria.

Does anyone know where this exactly is.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

another possibility is he could have been poisoned with poison by his men as they did not wish to go any further.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

You know what......this is similar to the way i always knew Aco died wich was the way my grandfather taught me. On top of that, he blamed Alex's generals being behind his poisoning because of wanting greater power them selves and greed. So on his death bed, Alex kolneshe makedonia da padni parche po parche i niko pat gla da kreni.

what i find astonishing is, apart from no internet, tv, radio, books being available in dedo's days, how would he have known this, what todays so called scholars are starting to uncover, who have (aided by technology) almost everything but a time machine, at hand.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Bill77 I heard it was because his generals could not accept the ascension of officers from armies they had fought to defeat eg the Greek offices being allowed to enter the officers tent and later from other armies.

I also heard it was for a number of generations that the curse was for. There was a clip on this on Macedonia.org but which since has ceased to operate. I think I down loaded it ages ago. If someone can tell me how I can upload it on MTO I will try to find it.

Comment

• Makedonetz
          • Apr 2010

There are alot of versions of Aleksandar's death and interesting what happend if we can find some information. I remember watching a show on BBC and they said he died from Malaria
          Makedoncite se borat
          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
            Bill77 I heard it was because his generals could not accept the ascension of officers from armies they had fought to defeat eg the Greek offices being allowed to enter the officers tent and later from other armies.

I also heard it was for a number of generations that the curse was for. There was a clip on this on Macedonia.org but which since has ceased to operate. I think I down loaded it ages ago. If someone can tell me how I can upload it on MTO I will try to find it.
            Modern belief is he died of natural causes or self inflicted after heavy drinking.

The point i wanted to make, is if it's true that he was poisoned deliberatly by someone else, Then dedo was right and if you take away the lack of information (in his days) coming from internet or books, how would have he known this? i can only conclude the story of events was past down from generation to generation and who knows how far back.

Re clip, is it a video or article?
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

that could be true bill & ozi also traditionally he wanted to be buried in macedonia.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

I had a long look for the video clip I mentioned but sadly could not find it. It must have been one of the few clips I lost when I had hard disk problems ages ago.

It was on Mazedonium.org and it had the Milenko Show and some guy discussing it. By their calculations the x number of generations should expire about now. The discussion then went on to current events and how we look closer to getting recognition of the name Macedonia and how freedoms of movement in the eu effectively means Macedonians can be Macedonians anywhere in the whole of Macedonia.

DimkoPiperkata said some of the video clips from Mazedonium.org might be appearing on youtube but I don’t know how to look them up. I miss the clips from that site because they were genuinely interesting and entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                X