X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epirot
    • Mar 2010

Ulrich Wilcken & Pierre Jouget

The German historian, Ulrich Wilcken is known as having written one of the most authoritative biography about Alexander the Great. He like the most of historians maintained the view of non-Greek character of Macedonians ('On the background of Macedonians').

The French historian, Pierre Jouget is known as author of the brilliant book 'Macedonian imperialism and the Hellenization of the East' which again indicate the non-Greekness of Macedonians.

It's really bad that we do not have the opportunity for reading such precious volumes. Unfortunately, in 'books.google' the books of Ulrich Wilcken and Pierre Jouget are unavailable. I searched also in 'archive.org' but again the books were unavailable. It would be better if anyone who has access at online libraries to post them on-line in order to show the truths.

I observed that """Greek""" net warriors gives a lot of space to affirm the views of "historians" who support the view of Greekness of Macedonians. Looking for Ulrich Wilcken & Pierre Jouget, I found some citations in historyofmacedonia.org but it would be better if we have the whole books.

All the best
    Epirot

P.S: Anyone who has the access on questia online library can download the book of Pierre Jouget.
    Last edited by Epirot; 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM.
    IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I have Wilcken's book with commentaries from Borza. I agree and disagree with some of the things he writes.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
    X