• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mygdon
    • May 2009

The Macedonian word "bamuja".

Hey there,

As you can see i'm new here and to introduce myself a little bit...I'm a 25 years old male living in Vienna, Austria. My origin derives from a small village called Erekovci which locates between Prilep and Bitola, about 20 Km away from the borders or the wonderfully reanimated hellenic state.

Anyways, back to the title of the topic..
    Does anyone have an idea where the word "bamuja" comes from? I can't think of any english synonom for it, it's also hard to explain what "bamuja" actually means. Maybe people in this forum who've got their origin from the same area could help me out because i'm very curious about it. I wonder if it's slavic or not. It's only used in the south of Macedonia, I think, not totally sure though.

Bye for now.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Welcome Artemi.

The word "Bamuja" is a dialectal variant in some parts of Macedonia, deriving from "Eba mu ja (majkata)".

Interesting to know is the following:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
    The original Indo-European root for to copulate is likely to be * h3yebh– or *h3eybh–, which is attested in Sanskrit यभति (yabhati), Russian ебать (yebat'), Polish jebać, and Serbian jebati, among others: compare the Greek verb οἴφω (oíphō) = "I have sex with", and the Greek noun Ζέφυρος (Zéphyros) (which references a Greek belief that the west wind Zephyrus caused pregnancy).
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

I think it's just our shorthand way of saying 'da mu ja ebam'.
      Pretty funny.

Pozdrav od Avstralija.

Comment

• Mygdon
        • May 2009

I use that word myself alot but minus the "majkata". Didn't know it would be just a short term of "da mu ja ebam majkata". Well, my first post wasn't a very original one then, i thought the word "bamuja" would mean something different.

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

I never heard this, bamuja..... sounds funny in deed.

I always say da ti ibam and always leave the majkata out.
          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

The (majkata) part I put in brackets because it is not said after the shortened version of "Bamuja". This term is used in the following way by my relatives from Beranci (Bitolsko):

Коа го видов бамуја, се зачудев.
            Ех бамуја, се запусте.
            Шо г'ебам бамуја.

Even from the villages surrounding, when that term is used it is identified with people from Beranci quite often.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

We selani use it alot, ebamuja majkata na grtsite....
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Mygdon
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                The (majkata) part I put in brackets because it is not said after the shortened version of "Bamuja". This term is used in the following way by my relatives from Beranci (Bitolsko):

Коа го видов бамуја, се зачудев.
                Ех бамуја, се запусте.
                Шо г'ебам бамуја.

Even from the villages surrounding, when that term is used it is identified with people from Beranci quite often.
                Your post made me laugh. Exactly the way i'm using the term as well.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Well this thread has fleshed out somewhat.
                  My recent visits to Egej revealed "Da ti ebam pampurot". Which cracks me up.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

I love it when i here some use the term "ZIMI MAJKA" allot....
                    ZIMI MAJKA this
                    ZIMI MAJKA that
                    ABE ZIMI MAJKA...!!!

lol
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

Zimi majka is popular here in parts of Melbourne among non Macedonians, because we Macedonians use it so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X