• Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
    I believe you Daskalot.

Things change all the time.

Go Mint

Sadly, I still need XP for this and that. But now I am planning to install XP on Virtual Server under Linux, thus no need to have it on HD.

You should install Virtualbox and try the seamless mode out, it works really good.
    I also use XP for some special stuff, but if WINE does not run the program I need I run it from my VirtualBox installed XP.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Вардарец
      • Sep 2008

Do i have a change to win the ugliest desktop award? I don't customize 'em, not on my desktop, not on my laptops.

For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Kai si be Vardarec be te nema!!
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

i just saw this guy in my office using a linux theme which is made to look like OS X. I personally just prefer OS X
          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

The Mint pimped up:

To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Does anyone know if you can run windows apps on ubuntu is it compatible.I hate vista & would gladly go for linux if it's compatible.I hear ubuntu is not affected much by viruses,is very stable & is lean.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

@Makedonin

Very nice, what do you think of Mint thus far?

@George S.

You can run Windows apps under Linux with the help of a program called Wine, but not all programs do run under Wine, but many do. There are many substitutes for Windows apps in Linux, is it a special app that you need George?

Comment

• makedonin
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  @Makedonin

Very nice, what do you think of Mint thus far?
                  I find it very good. You have a chunk of preinstalled software, so you don't have to bother much about it. There are even 3D Games available.

It is fast, slim and still customizable.

I like it a lot.

@George S.

There is a new add to Wine program that Daskalot mentioned.

It is called Wine-Doors. It allows you to run Win Apps like Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.

But you have to have the Serials or Licenses, which is not that problematic.

More info:
                  To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

makedonin mostly games & surfing the net.So you can ditch widows out the window really.I suppose i can try it.Will linux work on the mto forum?
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Linux will work on every forum or anywhere else on the internet, here the crucial part is the web-browser not the operative system in it self.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                        Linux will work on every forum or anywhere else on the internet, here the crucial part is the web-browser not the operative system in it self.
                        I think it is fair that you disclose your commissions you receive for every convert to Linux Daskalot.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                          • Sep 2008

If you want to run Windows programs, another option you could do is go virtual via a virtual machine program.
                          "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• makedonin
                            • Sep 2008

I love this copper theme:

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

Here is a great project: Portable Ubuntu.

You don't even have to install it on your PC, just download, and run it: http://portableubuntu.demonccc.com.ar/project

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                I think it is fair that you disclose your commissions you receive for every convert to Linux Daskalot.
                                The commission is the gratitude of this enduser whom will get a very secure and uptodate operative system completely free of charge, Google has understood this and are basing their ChromeOS on the Linux kernel with their own GUI. The future is not in favour of Microsoft.

Comment

Working...
                                X