Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Spartan, Nobody is saying that the German side is weak far from it but Australia allowed them to play their game, even if the proper players were picked to play there was still a change that the side could loose but we are not disputing the loss we are disputing the matter which the game was lost before the ball was even kicked and Verbeek is still standing by his decision which is making things worse.
    Last edited by Prolet; 06-14-2010, 09:35 PM.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      what you don't understand is that several australian players were played in unfamiliar positions and Verbeeks normal and time tested playing style was thrown out the window for an untested game plan which proved to be a disaster...
      No, I understand that...Im just saying (my opinion), that on Australlias best day, they could never compete with the germans playing liken that. The Ozzies didnt lose that game, the germans won it....convincingly. Line up tweaks and shuffled personel would have changed nothing...imo.
      as for the vuvuzela, there are somethings in life that I find far more annoying...if you know what I mean...
      Likewise
      Last edited by Spartan; 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Spartan, time will tell how good the Germans are and how inadequate Australia is...I look forward to the rest of the tournament and the twists and turns it throws up.
        For mine, Australia was terrible, possibly it's worst single performance in the last 4- 5 years, surely that had a part in the outcome...football at the highest level is all about the tweaks and positional roles that you find less than important...

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          Spartan, time will tell how good the Germans are
          Agreed. I just believe the germans sent a message yesterday, and if they play like that, they will go very deep in the tourney. Thats my opinion...of course there is no guarantee of this, but i think its likely.
          how often does Germany not go deep into a world or Euro?
          For mine, Australia was terrible, possibly it's worst single performance in the last 4- 5 years, surely that had a part in the outcome...
          No doubt...maybe they could have kept the score closer....Just cant see them winning against such a ridiculously in-form German side.
          The germans on the other side of the coin, with better finishing, could have scored 2 or 3 more.
          football at the highest level is all about the tweaks and positional roles that you find less than important...
          Agreed...at its 'highest level", and/or between comparable teams, they can definitely make the difference, and often do. I do find them important.
          I dont think Australlia and germany is 'comparable', and I dont believe Australlia is of the 'highest level' though
          When such a difference between 2 nations football programs in terms of quality exists, I dont think simply 'tweaking & shuffling' the 11 will level the playing field (more often than not) for the weaker side.
          Last edited by Spartan; 06-15-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Struja
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
            No, I understand that...Im just saying (my opinion), that on Australlias best day, they could never compete with the germans playing liken that. The Ozzies didnt lose that game, the germans won it....convincingly. Line up tweaks and shuffled personel would have changed nothing...imo.
            The alarm bells were ringing when we got smashed by playing the same way with USA (4:1) and if we we’re to play Greece with such a line up they too would have smashed us. Pim picked the wrong formation and players for the 2010 world cup campaign.

Nobody is taken the win away from Germany! The Germany coach Joachim Low took a quiet dig at Australia, urging his team's supporters not to get too excited by a good performance against a poor team.
            "This is the first match and Australia is not the ultimate benchmark," Low said.
            "We face tougher opponents. Even though Australia has been strong in the past, there is no need for euphoria.

as Phoenix said: time will tell how good the Germans are and how inadequate Australia is...

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Spartan, Its not about how good the opposition is its about how well you let them play on the day, they played well because Australia didnt defend properly and didnt show anything in General. It would have been a much tighter game if the Aussie Defense shut down the German attack and they arnt that good either, Germany doesnt have world class strikers.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Spartan
                • Sep 2008

No Prolet, it is about how good the opposition is.
                Imo, it didnt matter what the Australlians did that day....Germany was too good for them.
                Perhaps the german dominance played a part in why the Ozzies looked so bad??? Just a thought.
                Do you honestly believe Australlia is anywhere near germany in terms of footballing????
                Perhaps the Aussies could have limited the germans on their best day, but there was non chance in hell they werre ever going to get a result against a German team firing on all cylinders!!! It is lunacy to think otherwise!!!

On what planet is golden boot winner Miroslav Klose not considered "world class"?????

Get serious.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Sportan, Thanks for your imput, Miroslav Klose was good in the world cups of 2002 and 2006 but in the past 2-3 years he hasnt been in form, because Schwarzer come out with an airswing from a cross its not that he scored its the fact that the keeper made a mistake.

Just take a look at New Zealand who fought till the finish, they got a different mentality who faught like true fighters against Slovakia. This gives us hope in qualifications as we are in the same group as Slovakia, anything is possible.

Spartan, I guess the next game agaist Serbia will see how good the German side is, lets see what happens.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                    Sportan, Thanks for your imput
                    Spartan, I propose we call you SPORTAN for the duration of this world cup given your love for the world game.

Good idea Prolet.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spartan
                      • Sep 2008

Miroslav is old now, but he is a world class striker over his career, I dont think that can be disputed. He can still make a huge difference in a short tournament.

Schwarzer did make a mistake, but it was one of inches, and a fraction of a second....but did you see Klose attack that ball in the air, without any regard for scwarzers fist?
                      Thats a killer instinct, coupled with intense discipline...World class

If he was more accurate on a couple other chances he missed, we are talking about a hat trick against a decent side.

As for the next match, I think germany will beat Serbia.
                      Not 4 nil, but convincingly.

Oh, and Slovakia aint Germany by the way

@Risto

nice one lol, just caught that, but like yourself, i am also against a name change
                      Last edited by Spartan; 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                        @Risto

nice one lol, just caught that, but like yourself, i am also against a name change
                        Spartan, I respect your right to self-identification.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Spartan, My appologies it was a spelling mistake, its hard to get away with spelling errors here LOL

Miroslav Klose was never a world class striker, he is a solid striker but in the past few years at club level he hasnt done alot. A world class striker is somebody like Wayne Rooney,Fernando Torres,Samuel Eto'o,Zlatan Ibrahimovic,Gabriel Milito etc

Comment

• Spartan
                            • Sep 2008

No worries on the spelling lol
                            As for Klose 'was never a world class striker", you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

• Struja
                              • Sep 2008

Well, let’s move on to Australia v Ghana.

What’s your opinion on the on this formation Prolet?
                              Should we go 2:5:3 an all out attack against Ghana? Or should we sit back again with 4:5:1 and get us nowhere?

My formation is 2:5:3 and the team that can take out 3 points against Ghana:

Schwarzer (GK),

Neill (Stopper) Beauchamp (Sweeper)

Wilkshire (LM) Bresciano(CM) Holman(CM) Milligan(CM) Emerton(RM)

Kewell(LW) Rukavytsya(CF) Vidosic(RW).

Sub - Culina, Kennedy.
                              Last edited by Struja; 06-15-2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Australia has a pretty good history against Ghana, my fear is that the Aussie boys are too shellshocked.
                                I don't think the Aussies should go in an all out attacking formation because if we concede the first goal we're fucked...but we can't b as negative as the team verbeek sent put on the park against the Kraut. Struja I think we need to start with culina...

Comment

Working...
                                X