Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warrior
    • Jan 2010

What was Verbeek thinking? He killed his own team mentally before the game started. He took some risks in the selection and they all backfired.
    The Oz team is poorer compared to 2006, but his tactics and selections made things worse. Good riddance his leaving us at the end of the WC, he has been nothing but a defensive coach, that did not establish any new players from the last WC. He has been so conservtive in the past and when it counts, he takes some risky decisions. Instead of Garcia he should have played the Uki boy upfront, at least he has some pace. Although when in the WC you go out with your best team to have a chance and he failed to do that. If you are going to admit defeat before the game started, he should have just forfeited the game and thats it, instead of embarassing the whole nation with a cowards approach.
    Those mistakes were obviuous for all to see. Thanks to his stupidity Cahill may miss the next two games. His frustration was evident in that tackle, but i have seen such tackles in the past go unpunished.
    We can only hope that the Ozzy spirit might get us over the line against Ghana and Sebia, because in terms of quality both teams are superior!!!

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

I agree there, that red card really does make things difficult now but if Ghana can play without their best player (Essien) im sure Socceroos can manage without Cahill.

Pim Verbeek is just a joke and im glad he's moving on, they really need to take a hard look at which coach they'll get because having hacks like Verbeek do no go for the Socceroos.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Well said Warrior. Verbeek is the 8th highest paid coach at the World Cup! And what did he produce? Voski is what he gave us! Mile Sterjovski was virtually the only player who scored goals for us during the qualifiers & Verbeek left him out of the side.

MacDonald is a striker and he sent him home.

Who is left in our squad to be that mantle up front? Verbeek is a disapointment!
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Warrior, do you think Germany is really that much better than Australia...I don't.

I think it was Verbeeks silly system that worked in the hands of the Krauts and their foreign legion...why would you play a short arse like Cahill as a lone striker, who the fuck is garcia, culina was played out of position at the start of the game, schwarzer was terrible and the back four were playing too high up the park, playing the offside trap against nimble players like that little turk was always going to be risky...

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
            What was Verbeek thinking? He killed his own team mentally before the game started. He took some risks in the selection and they all backfired.
            The Oz team is poorer compared to 2006, but his tactics and selections made things worse. Good riddance his leaving us at the end of the WC, he has been nothing but a defensive coach, that did not establish any new players from the last WC. He has been so conservtive in the past and when it counts, he takes some risky decisions. Instead of Garcia he should have played the Uki boy upfront, at least he has some pace. Although when in the WC you go out with your best team to have a chance and he failed to do that. If you are going to admit defeat before the game started, he should have just forfeited the game and thats it, instead of embarassing the whole nation with a cowards approach.
            Those mistakes were obviuous for all to see. Thanks to his stupidity Cahill may miss the next two games. His frustration was evident in that tackle, but i have seen such tackles in the past go unpunished.
            We can only hope that the Ozzy spirit might get us over the line against Ghana and Sebia, because in terms of quality both teams are superior!!!
            Warrior, In all seriousness if you were in Verbeek's position would you select a hack like Richard Garcia a bench warmer at Hull City? Why on earth would he dump McDonald and keep Garcia? What a bloody disgrace that is. Robbie Slater has come out against Verbeek aswell, i think he's burned all his bridges in Australia now he should go to Morocco and destroy their national side.

Les Murry,Craig Foster were all disappointed even Slater called the performance as UnAustralian.

Just on Tim Cahill, he's been pushing like luck for some time now with some of his diving challenges. You could argue that he tried to pull out of the challenge but that was very late and it was from behind which is hard to dispute the red card what we can hope for is that Fifa dont take matter further to rule him out for an extra game so hopefully Cahill is available against Serbia.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Warrior, do you think Germany is really that much better than Australia...I don't.
              You're dead right Phoenix

Germany is not that good, technically they are a stronger side but that goes out of the window in the world cup we've seen many upsets in the past. The reality is that the game was lost before a ball was kicked, Verbeek's anti-football mentality killed off any hopes we had against the Arrogant Germans. You cant be expected to score goals with 6 midfielders and 4 defenders.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

I was one of the people that woke up real early to watch the game and wish i didnt. After 10-15 minutes of gameplay i knew the ozzies were going to have a dirty day. I think on "paper" australia is better then Ghana and Serbia but mentally i think Australia wont be able to beat Ghana. We should be able to beat Serbia as they are more mentally f_cked then us.

On serbia, im scratching my head as to why many macedonians in my community are supporting serbia over australia with so much passion, its bloody embarrassing.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  You're dead right Phoenix

Germany is not that good, technically they are a stronger side but that goes out of the window in the world cup we've seen many upsets in the past. The reality is that the game was lost before a ball was kicked, Verbeek's anti-football mentality killed off any hopes we had against the Arrogant Germans. You cant be expected to score goals with 6 midfielders and 4 defenders.
                  The problem prolet as I see it is that you can't be totally negative against a well drilled and patient team like the Germans who are relentless in their persuit of getting a result...by not offering a legitimate offensive threat to consume the Germans we allowed them to work on our demise freely and so they did, they dismantled our structure with the typical and clinical engineering methodology that defines the Kraut...so we lost on both counts, we offered no offensive threat and our defensive game, the hallmark of our style under Verbeek was torn to shreds as a result

Comment

• Warrior
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

I think it was Verbeeks silly system that worked in the hands of the Krauts and their foreign legion...why would you play a short arse like Cahill as a lone striker, who the fuck is garcia, culina was played out of position at the start of the game, schwarzer was terrible and the back four were playing too high up the park, playing the offside trap against nimble players like that little turk was always going to be risky...
                    I totally agree with you Phoenix, Germany is not an exceprional team and the Ozzy's contributed greatly to the 4:0 loss and it could have been greater. I would look good in a German top, if i was given that much space in the middle of the park or on the flank. Therefore Germany looked fantastic since Verbeek conceded the midfield and relied on the keeper and the defenders to do miracles.

The Germans have a very slow defense, and not an A-grade forwards. Klose and Podolski are bench warmers at Munich. Although their midfield led by the Turk and Mueller can be something special but at their age can be be stifled by a good team. I Dont expect them to be the winners or make the final. A well organised and discipline team would have got a result against the Germans this morning. Even though the Ozzy;s were out of place they still managed to create 2-3 chances and believe it or not i think in the first 15 minutes in the second half the Ozzy took the game to the arrogant pricks. Why that grease ball did not give a penalty in the second half i dont know, clear handball....Nonetheless the loss was deserved.

The first two goals were shockers by Schwarzer. The first goal was bascially a central shot and normally keepers take 3-4 steps forward to close the angles. If he did that he would have palmed it away, but becausehe stood on the line he gave himself no chance with the deflection. The less said about Moore, Cahill and Chippers the better...

Comment

• Warrior
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                      Warrior, In all seriousness if you were in Verbeek's position would you select a hack like Richard Garcia a bench warmer at Hull City? Why on earth would he dump McDonald and keep Garcia? What a bloody disgrace that is. Robbie Slater has come out against Verbeek aswell, i think he's burned all his bridges in Australia now he should go to Morocco and destroy their national side.

Les Murry,Craig Foster were all disappointed even Slater called the performance as UnAustralian.

Just on Tim Cahill, he's been pushing like luck for some time now with some of his diving challenges. You could argue that he tried to pull out of the challenge but that was very late and it was from behind which is hard to dispute the red card what we can hope for is that Fifa dont take matter further to rule him out for an extra game so hopefully Cahill is available against Serbia.
                      One player Prolet i would have kept on was Oar. Imagine him playing off Cahill or Kennedy's shoulder. I have to disagree about Mcdonald, not because he is not good, but because he would never be able to play in Verbeeks system. Carle is the same....

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Verbeek is a hopeless coach, Cahill is not a striker, he should be playing an attacking midfield role supporting a striker. I don't understand his choice of selection and why he left some quality players to warm the bench. He is losing his ability to make rational decisions, along with his hair.
                        Very disappointing performance nevertheless and it has significantly buried our chances to progress to the next stage. I didn't stay up all night to watch a performance that lacked will, motivation and most importantly, skill.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Warrior, I heard an interesting stat during the match, the commentator made mention that Klose and Podolski have scored 5 goals between them in league matches this season...and yet Australia made them look like the most dangerous strikers in the world...

Australia needed Kennedy, his aerial ability would have been a worthy threat, considering that Emerton and Wilkshire were putting in some good crosses and corner kicks...

Man, Verbeek is being savaged in the Australian media...lol

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                            On serbia, im scratching my head as to why many macedonians in my community are supporting serbia over australia with so much passion, its bloody embarrassing.
                            How dumb, how embarrassing.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

interesting. Australia should be who they are supporting, in principle. They live here.
                              Serbia is a non entity that is awating RoM's downfall for another landgrab just like Hell Ass and vulgars
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Warrior
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                                I was one of the people that woke up real early to watch the game and wish i didnt. After 10-15 minutes of gameplay i knew the ozzies were going to have a dirty day. I think on "paper" australia is better then Ghana and Serbia but mentally i think Australia wont be able to beat Ghana. We should be able to beat Serbia as they are more mentally f_cked then us.

I am sure Ghana would have spoiled their weekend and it couldnt happen to a more deserving set of "predavnicki dushi". F*cked them, we as a Macedonian nation are better off without such people, we have enough of Grkomani, Bugaromani Dushmani etc. Cant wait for the day our football team make a EC or WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X