• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    So, Brazil vs ??? In the grand final?
    It might end up being Brazil vs nobody given that they're trailing 0-2 against Belgium at half time in their quarter final match. It's now Belgium's to lose. Interesting second half ahead.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

It's over. Brazil (and South America) are out. The unpredictability continues.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        It's over. Brazil (and South America) are out. The unpredictability continues.
        This world cup just became EURO 2018.

PS:

UEFA Euro 2020 is scheduled to be held in 12 cities in 12 different European countries from 12 June to 12 July 2020.

Each city will host three group stage matches and one match in the round of 16 or quarter-finals. The match allocation for the 12 stadiums is as follows:

- Group stage, round of 16, semi-finals, and final: London (England)
        - Group stage and quarter-finals: Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Rome (Italy)
        - Group stage and round of 16: Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Republic of Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Glasgow (Scotland)

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

This has been a great world cup. I haven't been able to peg a single match which is great because sometimes these international tournaments are so boring and predictable.

France is looking decent, Belgium seems to be on a high but now only one of them can go to the final. The other leg is weak.

England V Croatia in the semi, Croatia go through, and France to beat Belgium in the semi, France to beat Croatia in the final.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            This has been a great world cup. I haven't been able to peg a single match which is great because sometimes these international tournaments are so boring and predictable.

France is looking decent, Belgium seems to be on a high but now only one of them can go to the final. The other leg is weak.

England V Croatia in the semi, Croatia go through, and France to beat Belgium in the semi, France to beat Croatia in the final.
            You pretty much summed up my thoughts (although I’ve been pretty spot on with my picks so far, with the exception of one)

The real final as far as I’m concerned will be the semi between France and Belgium, whoever wins that, basically wins the cup. Like I said previously, I still think France are the most likely to take it all out (much to my despise)

Still rooting for England though, I’d love to see them make it to the final, particularly if they were to meet France and smash those stuck up racist cheese eating surrender monkeys
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Om3n
              • Feb 2009

England vs Russia in the final.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The poms just beat the Swedes. Croatia vs Russia next, hopefully the winner will put up a fight against England in the semi and then crush the frogs (should they make it past Belgium) in the final.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                  Lol, must've been nice in Barcelona! How did you perceive the current (political and social) situation in Barcelona / Catalonia?
                  Very nice indeed. I enjoyed Valencia this time and felt less excited when I reached Barcelona initially. But then the craziness got the better of me and pulled me back in. Never enough BCN!

I feel it is a swinging pendulum. I was there 2 years ago and there seemed to be more momentum for independence. Feels less so now. The suggested figure is 25% of Catalonians want independence. However, even they appear to fear what it could mean in relation to the EU. They seem confused about it all. A (very) human condition.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

A game of suspense between the Croats and Russians! The latter were all but out and then scored a great header in the second half of extra time to equalize 2-2. The Russians were ecstatic and the whole stadium went into a frenzy. The game went to a penalty shootout and the Croats were lucky to make it through. Very lucky. In both this and their previous game, Croatia haven't looked anywhere near as invincible as they did at the beginning of the tournament. As for the Russians, they are understandably heartbroken, but although they're now out, they can take pride in the fact that in their last two games they stood as 120 minute equals against world class teams that were more technical, experienced, expensive and decorated than them.

Anyway, moving forward now. Go Croatia against England!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Croatia did look technically superior. Great suspenseful match.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                        • Oct 2011

Solid game by England, they had it overs the Swedes, and I thought it was the cleanest game of the competition so far.

That Russia v Croatia game should have been played in Volgograd, that was an all out gruelling battle all the way until the end.

Both Semi’s should be great games to watch, all four teams are paired up nicely and will definitely have to be hard fought to come off with the win.

If you are yet to jump on board and watch a game, either of these two matches should not dissapoint.

With a bit of luck, It’s Coming Home. Go England.
                        Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 07-07-2018, 05:13 PM.
                        “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

The eerie last video footage of Croatia national Football player Domagoj Vida before succumbing to nerve gas......

(Just getting in early)

CROATIA quarter-final hero Domogaj Vida could be BANNED from the semi-final with England after dedicating his side’s win over Russia to UKRAINE.
                          Vida and Croatian scout Ognjen Vukojevic filmed themselves celebrating the shootout victory over the hosts in the dressing room in Sochi......

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2...emi-final-ban/
                          video footage in the link
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

France have the most solid and well rounded squad, they play the best balance between attack and defense, they should win it all baring any mishaps. England, I don't know, they look weak to be honest, mostly headed goals. They also had a pretty easy run of teams to get here, I honestly think little old Croatia will give them a real problem and probably beat them. Belgium also road a bit of luck and won the last game on the high of the previous. They have some momentum behind them but they haven't gone up against a team with serious attacking threat apart from Brazil, and Brazil had more than enough chances to put them away. I think back to the Japan game, where Japan relentlessly attacked and Belgium had no clue how to handle it.

I'd love for Croatia to win it but it will probably be the damn жабари. Croatia was always the Balkan country I would have wanted Macedonia to be most like, so it should be a wake up call to Macedonia that size is irrelevant, pride and commitment go a long way.

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                            Solid game by England, they had it overs the Swedes, and I thought it was the cleanest game of the competition so far.

That Russia v Croatia game should have been played in Volgograd, that was an all out gruelling battle all the way until the end.

Both Semi’s should be great games to watch, all four teams are paired up nicely and will definitely have to be hard fought to come off with the win.

If you are yet to jump on board and watch a game, either of these two matches should not dissapoint.

With a bit of luck, It’s Coming Home. Go England.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                              France have the most solid and well rounded squad, they play the best balance between attack and defense, they should win it all baring any mishaps. England, I don't know, they look weak to be honest, mostly headed goals. They also had a pretty easy run of teams to get here, I honestly think little old Croatia will give them a real problem and probably beat them. Belgium also road a bit of luck and won the last game on the high of the previous. They have some momentum behind them but they haven't gone up against a team with serious attacking threat apart from Brazil, and Brazil had more than enough chances to put them away. I think back to the Japan game, where Japan relentlessly attacked and Belgium had no clue how to handle it.

I'd love for Croatia to win it but it will probably be the damn жабари. Croatia was always the Balkan country I would have wanted Macedonia to be most like, so it should be a wake up call to Macedonia that size is irrelevant, pride and commitment go a long way.
                              On paper, France should run away with this, however on field, they still look dysfunctional to me, I haven’t seen them gel properly (although they improve with each game), yet they somehow manage to do just enough to get the result, not one bit more, just enough. It’s not pretty watching them play, but they have the talent there, and that Mbape is going to shine the most from this cup. Personally I want to see them get smashed, but my gut tells me that they will take it out.

Belgium is the best squad out of the top 4 that is playing as a team in my opinion. They have a formidable attacking trio, and personally I think they are probably the best team to take this out. Again I reckon the real final is this semi with France and Belgium, whoever wins that should go on and win the cup. I’d like to see Belgium get through but my gut tells me France will get it over them... just...

I like Watching the English game, they’re a young team but can make some great plays when they have the ball, they looked their best in the game against Sweden. It will be a tough game against Croatia, the Croatians attack with level of spirit that the English don’t have and they are not afraid to have a crack wherever an opportunity presents itself. My gut tells me the Croatians will probably get it over England, but it’s not guaranteed, it will be a cracking game to watch regardless

Still, I’m holding out hope that luck goes England’s way. Ho’way the Lads, It’s Coming Home.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Well, France made it to the final. Belgium is out. From a sociopolitical perspective, those two are the epitome of the EU, so no real difference on whoever made it. From the other end, there is England, on their way out of the EU, and Croatia, a country in the neighbourhood and a friend amidst a sea of EU enemies. My preference is for the Croats to take this, but if they don't, I hope the poms smash the frogs in the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X