X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    ...This World Cup is very difficult for me as it is the first one without my father who is now in a nursing home, The Parkinson’s Disease that he has been battling for 25 years has also led to Parkinson’s Dementia where he is now virtually a shadow of himself and is like a zombie.
    Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Spirit, Thanks for sharing your special story. I too have the fondest memory of back in the days waking up with dad at 3am, making cups of coffee before watching UEFA cups etc.... regardless who was playing. Will never forget it. Its what i like about Football, the bonding it brings between a father and son. My dad is my biggest hero by the way, he is someone i work hard to emulate when fathering my sons. He is still with us after beating cancer twice just recently, he is Superman. I know its life, but i will never be prepared for when he eventually goes, i still need him around. All the best to you mate
    Okay...since you guys are sharing...
    I'm typically a very private person and I wasn't going to say anything but, reading both your posts just now, you managed to open the flood gates once more and the tears are currently streaming down my face.
    Dementia is a cruel and all consuming disease Spirit and I feel your pain. My dad lost his battle with Dementia about three weeks ago now but, truth be told, the dad I once knew was gone much, much earlier than that. The disease slowly wiped away his identity over a period of a decade and, in the end, he was a mere shadow of the proud man he once was. The disease robbed him of his memory, his speech and his dignity. During the last few years of his life, I was just another stranger to him who showed up each week to the nursing home, took him by his arm and led him around the nursing home grounds.

My dad was my biggest hero too Bill and you just brought memories back of me and him waking up at 4:00am, all those years ago, and listening to the radio together each time Macedonia was qualifying for the World Cup or the European Championship.

My dad was 66 years old when he passed on 09/06/2018 – Bog da go prosti i lesna da mu bidi zemjata.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Wow, sorry to open up your wounds that were so fresh Karposh

I'm sorry about your recent passing of your dad i bog da go prosti mate.

And those live Macedonia qualifying games on the radio (before the internet)........ of course, i forgot about those to. They were great days.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family mate.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Part of me wishes I didn't have to lose my father so young at 64. But he died a lion and kept his rage until the end. I'm sorry for what you guys have had to endure. I think it's a cruel way to go. Utterly crushing process! Big da'i prosti
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
          I'm typically a very private person and I wasn't going to say anything but, reading both your posts just now, you managed to open the flood gates once more and the tears are currently streaming down my face.
          Dementia is a cruel and all consuming disease Spirit and I feel your pain. My dad lost his battle with Dementia about three weeks ago now but, truth be told, the dad I once knew was gone much, much earlier than that. The disease slowly wiped away his identity over a period of a decade and, in the end, he was a mere shadow of the proud man he once was. The disease robbed him of his memory, his speech and his dignity. During the last few years of his life, I was just another stranger to him who showed up each week to the nursing home, took him by his arm and led him around the nursing home grounds.

My dad was my biggest hero too Bill and you just brought memories back of me and him waking up at 4:00am, all those years ago, and listening to the radio together each time Macedonia was qualifying for the World Cup or the European Championship.

My dad was 66 years old when he passed on 09/06/2018 – Bog da go prosti i lesna da mu bidi zemjata.
          I'm so sorry to hear that Karposh, it's sad that he passed as a relatively 'young' man...too often we associate this terrible disease with much older patients but I have recently seen it in people in their early 50's, which is very sad...

Bog da go prosti.

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Thanks guys. At least he left me with a legacy which I too will hopefully pass on to my kids one day - To be proud of my Macedonian heritage.

I know we are our own worst critics at times but, when all is said and done, this is a legacy that all our dads passed onto each one of us at one time or another which we cherish so dearly. Otherwise we wouldn't be here fighting for our right to continue to exist as Macedonians.

Comment

• Statitsa
              • Mar 2016

Truly sorry for your loss, Karposh

Comment

• Spirit
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Karposh View Post

Bog da go prosti tatkoti Karposh. And what you described about your father is exactly what my father has become and it is exactly the same thing when I go and see him though on occasion his old self comes through and he recognises us. He was fully aware and had the biggest smile on his face when I went and saw him two days after my daughter was born and told him that he finally became a grandfather, there is a photo I have taken of him with my daughter and you can see it clearly in his eyes that he is in the moment, full awareness.
                The truth is my father should have passed the Christmas before last, that’s when he developed pneumonia, was dehydrated and asphyxiating and one of the doctors advised that we should get palliative care involved as to be considerate of the life he should have if he survived but somehow he did survive. That’s when we placed him in the nursing home as we could not give him the duty of care he required anymore at home. I am grateful in a way that he survived to see a grandchild finally but in truth he has no quality of life, being bed bound or bucket chair bound, needs to be fed and is so helpless, vulnerable, a shadow of the proud man he once was and it would be better if he suffered no more and was laid to Rest In Peace. Dementia is cruel in all its forms and it is not just the people who are diagnosed with it that suffer but also their loved ones around them who suffer so much as well watching the person they love so much waste away.
                It’s in moments like these that can define who were are and how we cope with all of life’s trials and tribulations.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  I knew of a club Lalor Florina who went defunct due to the 50% Lerinci walking away because of the other half Florinci fuckwits. in their heyday, the club had 9 junior teams and both senior teams. They have been taken over which are now called "Inter" or "Porto" something European like that.
                  Yes I have heard of Lalor Florina, no one seems sure who exactly they were taken over by though. I don't know what has become of them or which club now carries their legacy. I can't find much info on South Springvale Serres either, other than they were an amateur side who had a few appearances in the Hellenic Cup. Maybe they had some pathway relation with South Springvale Aris? Who knows.
                  I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Sorry for your loss Karposh, Bog da go prosti.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Congratulations to Russia for knocking out Spain this morning. An amazing accomplishment for the home team. Spain has looked like a team in disarray, that coach issue in the beginning, some of their aging players, political issues back home, etc. They never lived up to expectations in Russia. Also surprising that Croatia barely made it against Denmark, first time they haven't looked convincing in this tournament.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                        • Oct 2011

Sorry to hear of your loss Karposh, Bog da go prosti
                        “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Thank you everyone for your condolences. I appreciate it very much.

Brazil is taking on Mexico tonight. Looks like another late night for me and a late start at work tomorrow morning. I'm just thankful the people who run the place at work are all ex-pat poms and a Scotsman - all of them football fanatics who have been very understanding these last couple of weeks.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                            • Mar 2017

Karposh sorry about your father mate. Bog da go prosti.

I don’t know you personally, but I enjoy reading your posts, and judging by your posts i know for sure that your father raised you to be the fine Macedonian you are.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Congratulations to Russia for knocking out Spain this morning. An amazing accomplishment for the home team. Spain has looked like a team in disarray, that coach issue in the beginning, some of their aging players, political issues back home, etc. They never lived up to expectations in Russia. Also surprising that Croatia barely made it against Denmark, first time they haven't looked convincing in this tournament.
                              I'm still in Spain. The loss was a national tragedy!
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                                Karposh sorry about your father mate. Bog da go prosti.

I don’t know you personally, but I enjoy reading your posts, and judging by your posts i know for sure that your father raised you to be the fine Macedonian you are.
                                Thanks mate. That's really nice of you to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X