Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Amazing how lies and propaganda ioerates they are taght at school what to believe,
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
      Most Greeks I see today are on a witch hunt with each other, trying to say "You're not Greek",
      Can you elaborate on this? I have heard it before in regards to Greeks from the South and 'Greeks' from the North.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Think about how nationalism has played a part and the govt using that to raise peoples spirits.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
          I think Greeks will destroy themselves before their nationalism reaches its peak.
          Their nationalism has peaked for about 60 years in my opinion. It hasn't hurt them in my opinion. They are deluded, but it takes quite a bit of self-delusion to think you're better than any other race.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Amphipolis
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Their nationalism has peaked for about 60 years in my opinion. It hasn't hurt them in my opinion. They are deluded, but it takes quite a bit of self-delusion to think you're better than any other race.
            Not very close. Nationalism peaked in 1890s and after the 1897 humiliating defeat, it peaked up again around 1910s-1922. There was also (I guess) a nationalistic enthusiasm during dictatorships (1936-1941, 1967-1974) and wars.

The Civil War and post-Civil War period also has a stronger nationalistic and anti-communist mood.

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              Not very close. Nationalism peaked in 1890s and after the 1897 humiliating defeat, it peaked up again around 1910s-1922. There was also (I guess) a nationalistic enthusiasm during dictatorships (1936-1941, 1967-1974) and wars.

The Civil War and post-Civil War period also has a stronger nationalistic and anti-communist mood.
              Did you forget about the 1990s, when Greece placed an embargo and a blockade on Macedonia because of its name, and then the EC was contemplating kicking Greece out of the EC for its fanaticism caused by its nationalism?

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

How about not to mention changing the name to fyrom and vetoing macedonia umpteen times either un or eu or nato.What kind of neighbour does that.Simply walking in.and taking its lands and co mmiting genocide on the macedonian people.
                Last edited by George S.; 10-31-2015, 02:25 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                  Did you forget about the 1990s, when Greece placed an embargo and a blockade on Macedonia because of its name, and then the EC was contemplating kicking Greece out of the EC for its fanaticism caused by its nationalism?
                  I can't remember the second part. Actually, I remember European Union deciding that the embargo was not against its' rules.

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                    I can't remember the second part. Actually, I remember European Union deciding that the embargo was not against its' rules.
                    You must have a short memory.Let me refresh it by quoting you something a Greek author wrote about the matter (pay close attention to the bold words, which include Greek hysteria and removal of Greece from the EU):

When the United States followed suit in
                    February 1994, Greece replied by severing diplomatic ties with Skopje and imposing a blockade on FYROM goods
                    moving to and from the port of Thessaloniki with the exception of humanitarian aid on February 16. An
                    unprecedented condemnation followed in the whole of Europe, as the international community reacted with
                    indignation to what was seen as Greek hysteria. Serious opinion-makers questioned openly the suitability of Athens
                    running the European Union affairs
                    for the first semester of 1994 and even suggested the removal of Greece from the
                    Union altogether
                    .In a flurry of tense diplomatic activity, the Greek government tried to explain its position amidst
                    growing allegations that the countermeasures constituted flagrant breach of the country's obligations under
                    international law
                    and under European Community law, as a Member of the E.U. The matter was discussed by the
                    Council at Ioannina, where the Greek government again came under attack for the measures, but no final decision was
                    reached.
                    Floudas, Demetrius A., Pardon? A Conflict for a Name?: Fyrom’s Dispute with Greece Revisited, 7.
                    Read up. Refresh yourself. You'll learn something about the hysteria, fanaticism, and nationalism of the Greeks in the 1990s and Europe's perception of Greece. I can provide you with all the necessary quotes of European politicians' views of Greece at the time. Greece was nuts throughout the entire 20th century; it still is.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Your greek govt can do no wrong is it was extremely unpopular with its embargo.It did untold damage economically.That was illegal thing to do,Macedonia coulod have sued your govt.The eu was adamant that Greece should not have pulled the embargo on Macedonia.
                      Last edited by George S.; 10-31-2015, 05:06 PM.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Nice short little clip from 1994. I like how the Greek academic states that "Greece needs collective psychotherapy."

Nationalism Threatens Democracy in Greece -- 1994

Nationalism (1994)A militant and dangerous nationalism is sweeping Greece. Radical Greeks want their country to take back land that has been independent for ...

Comment

• vicsinad
                          • May 2011

Fast forward 20 years and you have these Nazis on the rise. And I don't buy the argument that it's poverty that's the root leading to Nazism. Look at the economic poverty in Macedonia...why isn't Nazism on the rise there?

60 Minutes Greek Tragedy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

Great videos Vic.

Its sad that such reasonable and honest Greeks seem to have become extinct.

Does anyone know how Golden Dawn has been doing as a party since half it's MP's went to jail? Sometimes making people martyrs only intensifies support for them.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                              And I don't buy the argument that it's poverty that's the root leading to Nazism. Look at the economic poverty in Macedonia...why isn't Nazism on the rise there?
                              Maybe it's because we don't have any Jews to blame for it (or economic immigrants that are trying to snatch our jobs) .
                              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

• King Niko
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                                Can you elaborate on this? I have heard it before in regards to Greeks from the South and 'Greeks' from the North.
                                Well from what I notice, I can not prove this with any links so regard this more "personal opinion" not a "fact", but from my view upon Greeks, unlike neighboring nations, like Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria is that most Greeks use politics as their "ethnic" group per say.

Not literally but through this, I notice something that, Golden Dawn fight with Anarchist through the use of saying you are not Greek,

and many Greeks from the south tend to look at the north and try and proclaim they are different then Athens Greeks, and that Epirus Greeks are different then Thracian Greeks, and they all have a bit of a stir of their own identity.

That is why the Greek state is just falling apart, its propaganda through the youth is not going to work anymore, or as well might I say.

The Greek identity is becoming blurred, just as it had been prior too 1821.

Comment

Working...
                                X