"Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Always consumed with delight.
      RTG
      Hope it tasted good, I like to read mine!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        RTG
        Hope it tasted good, I like to read mine!
        Haha thanks guys!

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

A sneak peek into our new "satire" section in the latest edition of The LOMA Weekly Herald coming out tomorrow:

In other news, a United Nations mediator proposed the name Macedonia (Not Greek Macedonia) as a solution to the decades-old name dispute that Greece has with Macedonia. Greek officials immediately objected to this suggestion, stating that the term ‘Macedonia’ would now appear twice in the name of its northern neighbor instead of zero times like they had demanded. For their part, Macedonian officials remained noncommittal, although they expressed concerns that parentheses were used instead of dashes. The main Macedonian opposition party, however, insisted that the ruling party was acting treasonous by suggesting dashes instead of hyphens.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Please explain to me how a name of a province originally called the occupied territory then called northern Greece then province of Macedonia conflicts with a name of a country called Maqcedonia.It doesn't conflict at all.Greece doesn't have a monopoly on the name.Also explain to me if there is such a thing as greek Macedonian there is no such thing as they are transplanted potiacs prostheges in the population exchanges of the 1920's.The name dispute is NOT a name dispute.It is a sham so called dispute for the greek govt to get a monopoly on the name like they did with the flag.Hence we have the ventilator.
            To those that think that think that Macedonians were just greeks think again the greeks along with Demosthenes fought against alexander and the Macedonians in one of the battles.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Hey all:

Our latest issue (#7) is now up. Enjoy!

Comment

• Mad Mak
                • May 2015

Hey vicsinad, did you receive any answers from the people you wrote to?

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Mad Mak View Post
                  Hey vicsinad, did you receive any answers from the people you wrote to?
                  Regarding the Slav remarks? Not the most recent one. We have received a handful of responses before that, mostly saying they'll either stop using Slav/Fyrom or at least consider our comments.

Regarding the Farmers Market idea, we've only received one positive response from a church saying that it was a good idea and that they'll look into it. We're still trying to spread that initiative.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Being of muslim extraction they aren't so readily going to give an apology.You know allready the Albanians in Macedonia refer to us as slav Macedonian.What can one expect.They themselves have been ostracised after the second world war from albania.They want our country for a greater Albania and they aren't going to admit to anything towards the Macedonian cause.They want us to change our name so degrading and insulting to join the eu what can you expect.Some people don't appreciate some of the niceties of life give credit where credit is due.It defies logic if they don't apologise.You know that we are constantly referred to as slavs or as well as fyrom.It is well established that there are lobby groups that go around from Greece etc spreading the word about who we are.There are organizations like the eu,the eu song contest establishment that readily accept their statements as fact.We get screwed around big time.I have written to the eu song contest people about use of the fyrom terminology and they have said its the organizers they have been made aware to use this terminology by the greek lobby groups.They do exert great pressure.
                    Last edited by George S.; 06-07-2015, 06:17 PM.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                      Hey all:

Our latest issue (#7) is now up. Enjoy!

http://www.leagueofmacedonians.com/#!projects/c10d6
                      Vic
                      Good read! I devoured it as well, tasted good too!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        Vic
                        Good read! I devoured it as well, tasted good too!
                        Now you understand.

Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Vicsinads how about an article of how gruevski is compromising on the Macedonia's name .There are people that think that he wouldn't dare to change the name just so he can get to the eu or nato.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            Vicsinads how about an article of how gruevski is compromising on the Macedonia's name .There are people that think that he wouldn't dare to change the name just so he can get to the eu or nato.
                            We're trying not to get too political. I understand that the name is part of our identity, so it's not necessarily just politics, and it might be something we want to consider eventually. We're already pushing that with the satire section. Right now, we're trying to reach out to as many Macedonian-Americans first to help strengthen the communities and get younger people, especially, educated and informed about Macedonian culture, history, and identity. That's our top priority for now. Then when (if) there's more involvement, we can decide how to move forward regarding certain issues.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

All things in good time.I just keep getting stupid remarks from people who think gruevski has done a great job.The fact is just wait until he changes the name as he wants to get into the eu.If macedonia is .not ruined now it surely will be then.I just thought our name is beyond politics.What gruevski is doing is high treason to dilly dallying with our name.
                              These people i have spoken to say they trust gruevski and leave the politicking all to him.They just don't realise they are playing into his hands as they think he can't do wrong.
                              I too beleived in the beginning that he was a quite a capable person and heard him say he wasn't going to change the name.But look how wrong we can be.We were just too trusting of him and now he can do as he likes.Our name seems to be our last bargaining chip to get into the euro organizations.I just thought it would be good for someone to publish something on the name issue as people need to be reminded of what gruevski is doing.
                              Last edited by George S.; 06-12-2015, 02:51 PM.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

I think everything you say is true. I also think LOMA doesn't (and may never) have the audience for that -- or at least the audience that matters: the Macedonians in Macedonia. While all Macedonians will feel the effects of any developments or non-developments regarding the name, the ability to choose leaders and representatives that will protect the name and promote a just and democratic society, primarily is in the hands of the Macedonians in Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X