• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    The fact that you even have to ask this shows me why you don't want to go for the million dollars.

If you're going to put up debates between atheists and christians, why go for a christian that has no training in science? Why not someone like William Lane Craig for example?
    You clearly haven't even bothered to see which debate I posted. I selected this out of quite a few, as the most interesting and very just one for both sides.

You owe me an apology for that.

I'm asking you to tell me what you mean by living matter in order for me to explain it further. You avoid giving me that simply because you know that the distinction of matter which is a form of energy, doesn't really exist, it's a man made aspect, the exact aspect that religion takes advantage of, in order to satisfy man needs.
    You know that, you have been told also in the other thread about the muslims and you avoided to answer there also.

Comment

• Philosopher
      • Sep 2008

Some of the (many) problems with macro-evolution.

Every time you have a new body plan you need new types of tissues and new types of organs. New tissues and organs require new types of cells, and new cells require dedicated proteins for building those cells. For example, many of the Cambrian animals had guts, and guts require digestive enzymes—and other enzymes to regulate the way the digestive enzymes work. When you get a new animal you need new proteins, and new proteins are built from the instructions on the DNA molecule. So the Cambrian explosion is not just an explosion for new body plans, it’s actually an explosion of information: Where did that information come from?

Q. Mutations over billions of years, I’ve heard.

A. A mutation is a random mistake. If you start randomly changing the 0s and 1s in a piece of software, are you more likely to degrade the information that’s in that code or generate a new program? The mechanism Darwinists have credited with creativity is actually a mechanism of destruction of information.

When you analyze DNA in terms of it being software program, it is hard not to argue that genetic mutations are random mistakes, and that it is statistically impossible for genetic errors to produce new animals.

Spitfire, what are your thoughts? Do you think random mutations are more likely to degrade the information in the code or generate a new program (animals)?

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
        A mutation is a random mistake
        Exceptional Bullshit! And a very well known creationists' delusion.

A mutation is any change in the DNA. DNA polymerase does make errors naturally. Some variants will be better than others at living long enough to reproduce. After enough generations, that variant is the only one left.

Is this the best you can do Philosopher?

When will you realise that by posting creationists in disguise will only make their arguments look more ridiculous than they are already?
        Last edited by spitfire; 11-10-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

This whole thread is utter bullshit.

And Dont know what it has to do with the MACEDONIAN CAUSE ON THE MACEDONIAN TRUTH FORUM
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Here's the rest of the answers to your questions, in case you ask philosopher.

Now spare us the ridicule of intelligent design and ask real questions. How come earth ain't flat for instance.
            Or why the universe is not a few thousand years old?
            Or was Christ gay? Is God a He or a She?
            Does Santa exist?

Simple things like that.

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spitfire
              Exceptional Bullshit! And a very well known creationists' delusion.
              Not quite.

A mutation is any change in the DNA. DNA polymerase does make errors naturally. Some variants will be better than others at living long enough to reproduce. After enough generations, that variant is the only one left.
              A mutation is a copying error in DNA. And you have not answered the question posed. Are mutations more likely to produce new animals, or more likely to degrade information?

Is this the best you can do Philosopher?
              Spitfire, I have been following this thread very carefully, and I can honestly state you have not made one valid argument thus far. Your arguments have been riddled with errors and mistakes. How you manage to continue is beyond me.

I just realized something. Apparently, when responding to posts, you copy and paste information without credit.

Case in point.

Originally posted by Philosopher
              Can random, capricious explosions produce reason, rationality, order, and laws?
              You responded with:

This has nothing to do with the validity of the Theory of Evolution. Unless, of course, one is dull-witted enough to subscribe to the creationuts' Cartoon Theory of Evolution (where everything they don't understand or that threatens their "understanding" of reality is grouped).
              But apparently, you got this (virtually word for word) from here:

And has nothing to do with the validity of the Theory of Evolution (ToE). Unless, of course, one is dull-witted enough to subscribe to the creationuts' Cartoon Theory of Evolution (where everything they don't understand or that threatens their "understanding" of reality is grouped).

So now it appears that, in addition to having made a total fool of yourself far too many times, you are in the business of copying answers from a website that is run by intellectual monkeys without citation.

Checkmate.
              Last edited by Philosopher; 11-10-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Philosopher, what's your view on the age of the Earth question.

Does the 4.5+ billion years claim of the scientific community sit ok with you ?

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

God is a beautiful indigenous woman.
                  The earth came into existence 3000 years ago.
                  The earth is flat.

Evolution is a figment of fake skeletal finds of neanderthal man imagination.

Science is for dumb people.

Man made religion and a random book is real

Bow down and worship a book people.

Christ is coming, she will sort you non believers out

Science is for pussies.

Science, science, science

bow down and worship the book.

Santa claus is real

Spaghetti Flying monster is awesome

Jesus had a child

Its MY way or the HIGHWAY

what i say is real

how utterly pathetic are you lot ? First world problems.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Philosopher, what's your view on the age of the Earth question.

Does the 4.5+ billion years claim of the scientific community sit ok with you ?
                    Careful there, you may be labelled as ANTI christian. lol

Comment

• Nikolaj
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by julie View Post
                      God is a beautiful indigenous woman.
                      The earth came into existence 3000 years ago.
                      The earth is flat.

Evolution is a figment of fake skeletal finds of neanderthal man imagination.

Science is for dumb people.

Man made religion and a random book is real

Bow down and worship a book people.

Christ is coming, she will sort you non believers out

Science is for pussies.

Science, science, science

bow down and worship the book.

Santa claus is real

Spaghetti Flying monster is awesome

Jesus had a child

Its MY way or the HIGHWAY

what i say is real

how utterly pathetic are you lot ? First world problems.
                      Um............ ?

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                      Checkmate.
                      Philosopher, it appears you have just come around to understanding spitfires egotistical personality.
                      Last edited by Nikolaj; 11-10-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

This thread has nothing to do with the Macedonian Cause.

My confusing comments Nikolaj are pointing that out.

And I take DEEP offense to the mockery and ridicule here to people that are scientists, taking it personally , those that know me personally will know why.

Like I said

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

that is all,.

carry on ye Gods, hail let us worhsip and hallelulah praise the lord, this is the MTO

Comment

• Nikolaj
                          • Aug 2014

This thread has nothing to do with the Macedonian Cause.

My confusing comments Nikolaj are pointing that out.

And I take DEEP offense to the mockery and ridicule here to people that are scientists, taking it personally , those that know me personally will know why.

Like I said

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

that is all,.

carry on ye Gods, hail let us worhsip and hallelulah praise the lord, this is the MTO
                          This is the general discussion area, it does not specifically need to apply to the Macedonian cause.

I see nothing wrong with people debating one of the biggest theories that people follow.

I do not understand this. Are you implying people who disagree with evolutionary theory are making a mockery of scientists?

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

am opting out of this thread.
                            Its blatantly obvious where people that are "science, science, science " have been mocked.

Enjoy the first world problems discussion.

Am out of here

Comment

• Nikolaj
                              • Aug 2014

am opting out of this thread.
                              Its blatantly obvious where people that are "science, science, science " have been mocked.

Enjoy the first world problems discussion.

Am out of here
                              The mockery you are referring to is literally based on rational, scientific discussion.

I do not have the energy at the moment to emphasise how wrong your views are on this; not to mention your misrepresentation of how religious people think, and how you believe they mock or mistreat science.

By all means, do as you please.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

evolution is a theory just like any other man made thing with flaws.But compared to the bible is the word of god.I would put my trust in god rather than man.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X