X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Maknews Forum

Like some of you, my forum presence dates back to the old Maknews forum. Whatever happened to this forum? It appears to have been closed.

Does anyone know why it closed? And when it closed? What happened to the admin?

I recall, many years ago, before this forum was registered on the web, the legendary battles on that forum between the forces of good (Macedonians) and the forces of evil (the Greeks) and who can forget the many battles between the Maknews admin and the Macedonians on that forum.

I still recall some of the heated battles between SoM and the Maknews admin.

It is hard to believe it has been over seven years.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Have a search on mactruth remember he explains the demise of maknews.
    Last edited by George S.; 10-22-2014, 10:25 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

maknews has closed circa 2years ago due to stagnation....but I donīt know about the admin LUBI
      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

What are the chances of it ever coming back.???
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

There was a fellow by the username "Megaman", if I recall correctly, on the old Maknews forum. He was a conspiracy theorist, and in particular, a Jesuit conspiracy theorist.

Whatever happened to this fellow? Anyone know the chap?

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

I hesrd somrthing about a ljube screwing things up for maknews.running the place down??
            Anhone know.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              I hesrd somrthing about a ljube screwing things up for maknews.running the place down??
              Anhone know.
              Lube was Maknews...owner and administrator of the site.
              In the end he got far too cosy with Meto and UMD, he failed to acknowledge the glaring ideological flaws of UMD.
              That's when the whole thing turned to shit...a misguided defense of the indefensible...

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

I miss maknews when it was at its peak (before it became a mouth piece of UMD and lubi went nuts). There were many macedonains who participated on that forum from all over the world.

Its a shame Lubi drove away everyone.

I didnt agree with Lubi in the end, we was too pro UMD and too pro USA, almost at the expense of macedonia and putting those two things ahead of macedonia. I must admit i always laughed when i read his posts when he yelled/abused other members. For a mild mannered guy he had the mouth of a sailor lol

What is Lubi up to now? Does anyone have contact with him?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                  I miss maknews when it was at its peak (before it became a mouth piece of UMD and lubi went nuts). There were many macedonains who participated on that forum from all over the world.
                  Ancient history. And there are Macedonians from all over the world here also. That place was going downhill long before the administrator became a mouthpiece for the UMD. It outlived its usefulness and I for one don't miss it, because the best of that community joined us here at the MTO. At least here, Macedonians aren't freely subjected to the poisonous racism of our enemies. This is a truly Macedonian forum with a solid ideology based on the Macedonian Cause, which is supported by the overwhelming majority of Macedonian members. Further, despite the infrequent fluctuation of numbers, so long as there are some decent Macedonians left on the net, the MTO will never disappear. It is too important, if not for any other reason than the wealth of information it possesses and the tenacious core membership which has known each other for several years. Hopefully this core membership expands with time as more Macedonians wish to explore their true history and culture.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                    I still recall some of the heated battles between SoM and the Maknews admin.
                    SoM has reached Zen status since then. Had the same things happened now, he would simply be more inclined to add a little more honey to his tea.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

I have had the question asked will it ever come back again.??I don't know?No body seems to know?On the question whether you miss it or not.?By not being there you don't really miss it.Despite all of the prosetc of maknews i kept hearing a lot of negative vibes from different members.As they say the rest is history.Who knows what the future holds.It's a stark lesson for all the way forums prosper or collapse for some unknown reason.A forum is as good as its membership.Having honey in your tea may help.
                      Can people still access the website to check historical stuff?
                      Whatever happened to makedonska kafana.He posted on maknews and the mto?
                      When maknews was collapsing bellyup there was so much negativity going on and you wonder why you were macedonian??SO many people had a developed a huge loss.THe manews membership just dissapeared.
                      Some people developed an legendarry status with the ensuing battles on the forum.
                      I think just for the engagement and the debate it should be bought back.
                      Last edited by George S.; 11-14-2014, 12:58 AM.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• molika
                        • Sep 2008

Maknews, that's were it all started. Great to see this forum is still going... Kaj ste brajka I sestri makedonci dolgu vreme pomina. Kako ste dragi prijateli.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by molika View Post
                          Maknews, that's were it all started. Great to see this forum is still going... Kaj ste brajka I sestri makedonci dolgu vreme pomina. Kako ste dragi prijateli.
                          Molika
                          Mnogou dobro! dali si arna ti?
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                          X