X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I dont know that I should ss now is not the sopointed tkme
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
      You said the holy trinity is not open for interpretation for 'modern christians'. That is generalising the opinion of Christians.
      Early Christians debated the notion of the Trinity. Modern Christians do not. If they do, they are not Christians.[/QUOTE]
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Nikolaj

Makedonce in reference to Philosophers post I can see why you're skeptical because you have identified a contradiction within the text, but you haven't found an answer for it. I'm not saying you need to have an answer, but the people who have been in your position have made their interpretation; it is a viable interpretation, it doesn't mean it is exactly correct but it is the best one we have so far.
        Thank you!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

yes why can't christians debate the trinity is it blind faith without question??THe trinity is another falsehood about god and jesus its nothing more than blasphemy.If you are a student of the bible you notice things amiss.God says in isiah.Mans ways are not godsways.God says he is ruler of the universe he will do whatever he wants.What ever pleases god.So don't ask about silly answers.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

regarding the trinity.THere is no third person.THere is god the father and god the son.But there is no third person.God the holy spirit is THE POWER OF GOD,ITS NOT A PERSON AT ALL.Stupid people have accepted it hook line and sinker.The whole trinity thing is a hoax and is false religion gone mad.Jesus is born of god the first born the only person to be born at this time.Born of the spirit.THe rest of mankind is dead and is still in their graves.Until the appointed timeme IN A MOMENT IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE.FLESH AND BLOOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.BUT IT MUST BE BORN OF THE SPIRIT.MANS DESTINY IS TO PARTAKE of eternal LIFE AND TO BE AS GOD.AT THE MOMENT MAN IS LOWER THAN ANGELS BUT LATER WILL BE ELEVATED MORE THAN ANGELS>WILL BE MADE POSSIBLE BY A LOVING FATHER FOR HIS CHILDREN.MANKING HAS A WONDERFULL FFUTURE.NO LUCK AT ALL THAT IS WHAT GOD INTENDS TO DO WITH US.
            AND GOD SAID LET US MAKE Man IN OUR IMAGE.NOT LET ME BUT LET US.GOD IS A UNIPLURAL WORD.THE US IS LIKE A FAMILY.GOD IS THE GOD FAMILY ONE OF A KIND COMPOSED OF SPIRIT>GOD IS THE FATHER JESUS IS THE SON TOGETHER THEY ARE SO FAR THE GOD FAMILY ONE.I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE>WHOso ever neleives in himSHALL HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.Think about it GOD is simply reproducing HIS KIND INN man.THAT IS THE STUPENDOUS TRUTH.BELEIVE IT OR NOT>
            God says he is a unique GOD there is no other god like him.THe rest is man made religion WHATEVER MAN HAS MADEUP.THE rEAL TRUTH IS THERE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE.BUT Unless you are called by god you are none of his.NOW IS NOT THE APPOINTED TIME.
            Last edited by George S.; 10-29-2014, 12:58 PM.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Vangelovski

[QUOTEI have discussed whether it is possible to have an alternate interpretation of the Trinity with you, but I have never actually discussed an alternative interpretation of the Trinity with anyone on this thread. If you actually think that I have, then you can easily quote where I have done so. I know you know how to quote, so I'm not sure why you keep suggesting I have discussed an alternative interpretation of the Trinity with anyone but refuse to actually quote where I have?
              ][/QUOTE]

I have said there are other interpretations discussed, not specifically that you have discussed, I'm not suggesting otherwise.

It would help if you read my posts more carefully. We've already established that we both agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I've never suggested that people cannot invent alternative interpretations of the Trinity. What I am saying is that anyone who undertook an honest study of the Bible would be very hard pressed to actually develop an alternative interpretation of the Trinity that would stand up against the evidence available in the Bible.
              I have read your posts carefully, and yes we agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion - they are also entitled to an interpretation based on what they know. People don't need to undertake an honest study of the bible to have an interpretation, you think they do - that's fine you're entitled to your interpretation.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by makedonche View Post
              If I was saying people need to read the Bible to provide useful, correct and intellectually honest interpretations of the Trinity, I would have said so, I didn't so stop trying to imply that I did
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by makedonche View Post
              Please show me the part that I said "someone is entitled to give an opinion without reading the Bible"
              Do you think the above two statements are in contradiction to each other? I do. And that is why I'm now completely confused as to what you are saying.
              No, the above statements are refuting what you implied I said.....without having said it, hence your confusion.

Your idea about Jesus was not an alternative interpretation of the Trinity, it is actually a rejection of the Trinity. You said you did not know Jesus was God - how could there be a Trinity without Jesus being God? That is a completely different question.
              There you go again with your assumptions, it was not a rejection of the Trinity. No I said "This appears to say that Jesus is God? Or am I misinterpreting? I was always taught that Jesus was the son of God",
              to be precise therefore:- "It is clear from this analysis that the New Covenant writers proclaimed the "Father" is God; the "Son" is God; and the "Holy Spirit" is God. And yet, the Bible's singular message is that there is one God", I hope this makes it clearer.

But now that you have raised this point as your "alternative interpretation" of the Trinity, can you please explain what exactly constitutes your "education/knowledge/experience" and whether it has any basis in the Bible, which is the only primary source that concerns itself with the Trinity?
              No I raised the point based on knowledge etc, and to explain "exactly what constitutes my knowledge etc." is not the issue at hand and I could care less if it has any basis in the Bible. Is it the old or new testament that is the only primary source that concerns itself with the Trinity?
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                I have said there are other interpretations discussed, not specifically that you have discussed, I'm not suggesting otherwise.
                You keep changing your mind about what you have and have not said. I'll ask again, where are those interpretations? Quote them for me.

People don't need to undertake an honest study of the bible to have an interpretation
                I can't believe you would even make this statement!!! At least you can't deny it any more. The Bible is the only primary source that says anything about the Trinity. If you did not base your interpretation on it, how could you possibly be sure of anything in relation to the Trinity????

It also brings your credibility into question, particularly seeing as you made this comment and denied that it mean't what it obviously does mean:

Please show me the part that I said "someone is entitled to give an opinion without reading the Bible", please quote me correctly!
                No I raised the point based on knowledge etc, and to explain "exactly what constitutes my knowledge etc." is not the issue at hand and I could care less if it has any basis in the Bible.
                It is the issue at hand. Seeing as the Bible is the only primary source that provides information on the Trinity, studying it is the only way to be certain of what it says about the Trinity. So your "knowledge etc", if it is completely void of anything the Bible says about the Trinity is completely useless. You could make up any thing about the Trinity based on your "knowledge", but if it has nothing to do with the Biblical explanation of the Trinity, then it is nothing more than fantasy.

Don't forget that the Trinity is a concept only found in the Bible, so I don't see how any knowledge, education or whatever that does not directly use the Bible as a source for its interpretation of the Trinity could hold any validity whatsoever. That is like saying that you have an interpretation of the Iliad, but have never read the Iliad and don't think you need to! How on earth could you interpret the Iliad without actually reading it!?!?! How on earth can you interpret the Trinity without the Bible!

Is it the old or new testament that is the only primary source that concerns itself with the Trinity?
                There is no theological difference between the new and the old so its an irrelevant question. Regardless, the concept of the Trinity is found throughout both.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Because man does not understand the things of god that's how the trinity came into being.Under the trinity they make out as if god is not one but 3 gods.How silly is that.GOD is ONE as depicted in the bible.People don't know the bible where gods nature is revealed.God is manifested in another personage god the son.It says in the book of john .In the begining was the word(jesus is the word) and the word WAS GOD.How can that be??GOD IS GOD AND ITS POSSIBLE.THat means that jesus has allways existed.It says god made everything by jesus christ.There is nothing that wasn't made.Jesus is god.Jesus is the lord in the god family.Do you realize what LORD means??
                  Jesus spoke and god by his power made everything.
                  Do you realize what god as the everliving one.The life giver.GOD HAS ALLWAYS EXISTED.HE NEVER HAD A FATHER OR MOTHER.GOD WAS NOT CREATED he had no begining of days or end of nights.God knows everything.
                  Last edited by George S.; 10-30-2014, 01:55 PM.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

George S, the concept of a trinity does not deny god being one. I'm not in favour of any of the three Abrahamic religions, but this point is clarified by christians.
                    It's not silly. On the contrary it's the basis of their faith.
                    Last edited by spitfire; 10-30-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Your wrong.THe trinity is s mans attempt to define god.YOur wrong .its N ATTEMPTby man
                      Attempt to justify a fslse doctrine based on mens tradition.
                      Last edited by George S.; 10-30-2014, 05:03 PM.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Now I don't want to play devil's advocate here (or god's advocate in this case) but try to think water.
                        Water can be solid (ice) liquid (water) and vapour (steam). It's still water, it's still H2O.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          Your wrong.THe trinity is s mans attempt to define god.YOur wrong .its N ATTEMPTby man
                          George, the Trinity is not claiming there are three Gods. In the spirit of Christian brotherhood, I would ask again where in the Bible do you find your view? We need to question everything we are taught about God and the way we do that is to go to the Bible and see if its true. I've already pointed out some of the references in the Bible to the Trinity. If you think they are wrong, can you explain why? Can you refer to any passages that support your view?
                          Last edited by Vangelovski; 10-30-2014, 06:11 PM.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Vangelovski

GeorgeS -Your wrong.THe trinity is s mans attempt to define god.YOur wrong .its N ATTEMPTby man
                            This is an example of an interpretation, on the forum, there are others if you read through from point #116 onwards.

I can't believe you would even make this statement!!! At least you can't deny it any more. The Bible is the only primary source that says anything about the Trinity. If you did not base your interpretation on it, how could you possibly be sure of anything in relation to the Trinity????
                            So has GeorgeS undertaken an honest study of the Bible, given his interpretation?

It also brings your credibility into question, particularly seeing as you made this comment and denied that it mean't what it obviously does mean:
                            And it obviously means what?

[QUOTEIt is the issue at hand. Seeing as the Bible is the only primary source that provides information on the Trinity, studying it is the only way to be certain of what it says about the Trinity. So your "knowledge etc", if it is completely void of anything the Bible says about the Trinity is completely useless. You could make up any thing about the Trinity based on your "knowledge", but if it has nothing to do with the Biblical explanation of the Trinity, then it is nothing more than fantasy.][/QUOTE]

'Completely useless' in your interpretation, statement of fact from my interpretation.

Don't forget that the Trinity is a concept only found in the Bible, so I don't see how any knowledge, education or whatever that does not directly use the Bible as a source for its interpretation of the Trinity could hold any validity whatsoever. That is like saying that you have an interpretation of the Iliad, but have never read the Iliad and don't think you need to! How on earth could you interpret the Iliad without actually reading it!?!?! How on earth can you interpret the Trinity without the Bible!
                            That's correct, 'a concept' the actual word Trinity isn't even mentioned in the Bible, and a concept is:-
                            A concept is an abstraction or generalization from experience or the result of a transformation of existing concepts
                            Which is thus open to interpretation.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Vangelovski

This is an example of an interpretation, on the forum, there are others if you read through from point #116 onwards.
                              George isn't providing an alternative interpretation of the Trinity, he's denying its existence outright.

That's two you've pointed out that are denying the existence of the Trinity, not trying to explain/interpret it.

statement of fact from my interpretation.
                              What's a statement of fact?

Comment

• spitfire
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

The complete shape of the concept of the trinity was formulated in the 4th century A.D.
                                I had stated very early in the topic the importance of tradition to the faith. This tradition is based in the scriptures in order to explain them. So the trinity concept is faith because it's tradition. The holy tradition for the christians.
                                You don't have to decipher the meaning of trinity on your own just relying on the scriptures, tradition explains it for you.
                                However this means that a whole lot of more information has to be taken into account when explaining christianic faith.
                                Last edited by spitfire; 10-31-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X