Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatso
    • Sep 2008

Heck, I would eat a Greek or Macedonian with Mellizano, if you seasoned him right.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by fatso View Post
      Heck, I would eat a Greek or Macedonian with Mellizano, if you seasoned him right.
      Fatso

Hahahahahahaha....that's what I like about you, you don't discriminate!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

I am a big fan of Zlaten Dab, curiously I Googled Zlaten Dab last night. There is a Zlaten Dab that comes in a brown bottle, whats the difference? Is it a different brew? Is this variety available in Australia?

Gentlemen I tried the malizzano it's great, I was disappointed when I found out that there was a "Halal" certification on the back of a Macedonian product... this brand will not get another dollar out of me. The name of the brand is Mama's. I think its new since I have never seen it before.

Comment

• Toska
          • Sep 2008

i think it got bought out by a foreign investor so they changed the bottle.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

golden dab was macedonian ,when i last checked they called it german beer??You could get that at the bexly north vellars rs.Iy istill is a good beer.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
              Couldn't find a "food thread" to ask this...

Malizzano, what is it?

Green Ajvar???
              Solanum Melongena. Melanzana in Italian, Melintzana in Greek. The eggplant.

Green colour means there is a lot of Solanum. That's Strychnine.

Comment

• Toska
                • Sep 2008

this stuff is amazing, blows ajvar out the water.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Rs you can get the green ajvar from nikolce rosa doa at production ave kogarah.i think its around $7.
                  Last edited by George S.; 12-05-2014, 07:00 PM.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                    • Jul 2013

Zlaten Dab, bought out by foreign investors!!! I don't know what to say...

I feel heartbroken, I really do. I wonder why the original owner (not the original, just the last Macedonian owner) gave up on the business and sold it to a foreigner.

So the beer is brewed in Prilep and the profit goes to a foreign country. How sad.

George it is a good beer, it goes down well in the summer. I haven't had the time to visit production avenue yet, sometime soon. I'm curios to see what other products are exported from Macedonia that I don't know about, there could be sweets that I'm missing out on.

Where can I find the biggest selection of Macedonian alcohol in Sydney?

Toska, I took one glimpse of the picture you posted and coped a hunger pang. If I find it in a store I will get it.

How do you guys prefer to prepare your piperki? I only know two ways, the greasy way on the cooking pan drenched in oil which my father and all my fiends enjoy, I'm the odd one I prefer to BBQ mine over charcoal. I don't like "cooked" oil.

Thank you.
                    Last edited by Redsun; 12-06-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

Hubby buys his vino in Bexley north. The people there are always feeding him when he goes in. Haha.

I'm a vegetarian and have been for about a year. Have never felt healthier than I am now. It didn't sit well initially with my parents or hubby, but they've seen the physical and mental benefits I've received so often there'll be a veg alternative on the dinner table for me.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

i remember when golden dab was under $40 bucks.you could check with danmurpheys.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                          • Aug 2011

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

WHO to declare that bacon and other processed meat cause cancer, claims report

WHO to declare that bacon and other processed meat cause cancer, claims report

The Independent

Ian Johnsto

© Provided by The Independent
                            The World Health Organisation is reportedly planning to declare that bacon, sausages and other processed meat cause cancer.

Red meat is also expected to be listed as being “probably carcinogenic to humans”.

A source told The Daily Mail that the announcements were expected to be made on Monday with processed meat put in the same category as cigarettes, alcohol and asbestos.

The NHS Choices website says that “evidence shows that there is probably a link between eating red and processed meat and the risk of bowel cancer”.

“People who eat a lot of these meats are at higher risk of bowel cancer than those who eat small amounts,” it adds.

However it says beef, lamb and pork “can form part of a healthy diet” and that red meat is “a good source of protein and provides vitamins and minerals, such as iron and zinc”.

The World Cancer Research Fund says: “There is strong evidence that eating a lot of these foods [red and processed meat] increases your risk of bowel cancer.”

Farmers and the meat industry have expressed concern about the impact on sales if the WHO lists processed meat as a carcinogen.

Betsy Booren, of the North American Meat Institute, said recently: “If they determine that red and processed meat causes cancer – and I think they will – that moniker will stick … It could take decades and billions of dollars to change that.”
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
                              • Sep 2008

Well it's about time.

Comment

• Philosopher
                                • Sep 2008

Yeah, and you get all the hormones and toxins in the cow, which lead to a weakened immune system, greater susceptibility to disease, including cancer, and a number of fecal matter to boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X