Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Dragan have you noticed how like from one box of piperki which is 5 kilos you can just make obe jar of ajvar.Look how it just shrinks.??
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
      • Sep 2008

'My fountain of youth': Incredible 70-year-old who defies ageing process with vegan diet of home-grown vegetables and rainwater

When Annette Larkins goes out with her husband of 54 years, people assume she is his daughter.

The image of health, vitality and youth with a petite size four frame and a line-free face, Mrs Larkins is in fact 70 years old.

The resident of Miami-Dade County, Florida, attributes her youthful looks to her raw vegan diet and grows almost everything she eats in the garden she refers to as her 'fountain of youth'.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

maybe its the rainwater she drinks?Shouldn't this thread be linked with the vegepatch for emphasis??
        She does look a lot younger maybe she is on antioxidants???
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sovius
          • Apr 2009

She must be eating fresh cucumbers on a daily basis. Cucumbers contain silica, which combines with other things with antiquated Greek names to form collagen. If I remember correctly, this is what makes cucumbers unique among other vegetables. They're also natural hydrants, but dogs don't necessarily urinate on them when given an opportunity to do so.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

they actually use cucumber slices on the face and even extract.Also i hear olives is good for the skin complexion.Other vegetables have other effects such as anti aging.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
              If I remember correctly, this is what makes cucumbers unique among other vegetables.
              No. Cucumbers are technically a fruit, not a vegetable. And cucumbers are not a unique source of the mineral silica. In fact, cucumbers are not a particularly rich source either. The herb Horsetail is one of the richest sources of silica in nature (second only to rice), and arguably the best.

Comment

• Sovius
                • Apr 2009

Very true. But in a culinary sense, cucumbers are still regarded as vegetables, much like tomatoes. Ripe bananas apparently contain a high amount of it too (12.6mg per 250g), but if you really want to go all in, nothing compares to sand or computer chips. The skin of the cucumber is said to contain the highest amount of silica, so people who use slices over their eyes may very well just be benefiting from the caffeic acid, rather than the silica.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

did you know the skin of the cucumber if diced up can kill cockroaches its got arsenic in it.
                  Also banana peels placedon warts will make the wart dissappear.
                  There are other medicinal purposes to veges.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                    • Aug 2011

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

One thing i have noticed that a person can lose weight by eating soups .For example one's that have a bit of hot pepper such as bukovska piper will aid in the loss of some weight.Burning the weight down.Also perhaps after a meal a stroll lasting about half hour will get things moving.Vegetable soup will aid you to lose weight.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Constellation
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
                        She must be eating fresh cucumbers on a daily basis. Cucumbers contain silica, which combines with other things with antiquated Greek names to form collagen. If I remember correctly, this is what makes cucumbers unique among other vegetables. They're also natural hydrants, but dogs don't necessarily urinate on them when given an opportunity to do so.
                        It appears to me that it is her holistic lifestyle that is responsible. She grows her own food (organically) and does a lot of juicing. She probably juices a lot of beta-carotene rich foods. And mineral rich greens...

Vitamin C rich foods produce collagen and this nutrient is arguably more important for collagen production than silica.

Comment

• Constellation
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          One thing i have noticed that a person can lose weight by eating soups .For example one's that have a bit of hot pepper such as bukovska piper will aid in the loss of some weight.Burning the weight down.Also perhaps after a meal a stroll lasting about half hour will get things moving.Vegetable soup will aid you to lose weight.
                          Vegetables are very low in calories and spicy vegetable soups are very beneficial to downsize.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

There is so much available on the net of how to produce macedonian cooking etc.That's where the macedonian vegepatch comes in handy.I love my sarma and tafche grafche also the chorba,ghoolash,The maznik,kevapici,raznich,ajvar.etc.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                              • Jul 2013

Couldn't find a "food thread" to ask this...

Malizzano, what is it?

Green Ajvar???

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                                Couldn't find a "food thread" to ask this...

Malizzano, what is it?

Green Ajvar???
                                Redsun

My guess is eggplant or eggplant spread.
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X