X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Church is not Subjugated to the political leaders

Macedonian Church is not Subjugated to the political leaders, Good Macedonia-Serbia relations should boost economic cooperation

Macedonia Press Review – January 27, 2014
    Macedonian Church is not Subjugated to the political leaders,

DNEVNIK
    Bishop Timotej of the Macedonian Orthodox Church strongly rebuffs recent claims coming from neighboring Greece that the Macedonian church is deeply subjugated by the Macedonian state and its political leadership. Timotej insists that the Greek and the Serbian church are in fact more tied to their political leaderships, arguing that Greek orthodox priests are listed as public administration workers and receive wages by the state and that Serbian priest in the past often went hand in hand with that country’s politicians to negotiate issues abroad.

Timotej reacts to a recent claim by Michalis Tritos, the head of the Faculty of Theology in Thessaloniki, Greece. Tritos had said that there is a “terrifying embrace between the church in Skopje and the state” and that “the church is being used for state purposes”. The Serbian and the Greek Church do not recognize Macedonia's Church ecclesiastical independence, known as autocephaly.
    Haha, Timotej told them what time it was!
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

I think the Macedonian church and state are very much hand in glove and Petar was/is a prime example of that.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      I think the Macedonian church and state are very much hand in glove and Petar was/is a prime example of that.
      In comparison to the other wolves, ours is freshly baptised out of river jordan.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

What are we seeing the demise of both church & state when there is one in demise that is the state. Who is more believable a bunch of clowns such as the serbians or the fools from Athens.They try to always ridicule the skopijans & overdramatize the situation/ indeed.
        If there was any church & state Macedonia would have been saved a long time ago.THe church could have nurtured the Macedonians cause to be free as a god given right & perhaps bring them up from the slave mentality stupor.But then was the church ever ready to do that or lack of anything to awaken the populous.There are many doubts of the chrch to be able to do anything as they themselves are too weak,their best effort is to support a church vs fyrom effort,practically a nothing doing church.They can't even entertain the idea they don't need anyone's recognition to exist.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          In comparison to the other wolves, ours is freshly baptised out of river jordan.
          I agree. All Orthodox churches in the Balkans are in cahoots with their respective governments, but none more so (in terms of depth and longevity) than our southern and northern neighbours.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            I agree. All Orthodox churches in the Balkans are in cahoots with their respective governments, but none more so (in terms of depth and longevity) than our southern and northern neighbours.
            I think you'd be suprised at the depth of cooperation of the Macedonian church and the government. Sometimes its impossible to distinguish between the two or work out exactly who's in charge of what. And while not as long, the cooperation goes back to the late 50's between the church and the Macedonian communist government.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

the communists did not preserve the church but try & destroy or discourage the religion in relation to the people.THey regarded religion as the opium for the people.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X