Merry Christmas (Среќен Божиќ) and a Happy New Year (Среќна Нова Година)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Da Hristos se ROdi.Da my pomozit na makedonskiot narod.amen.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
      • Sep 2008

Христос се роди, живот да ни води!

You know you are Macedonian when you celebrate the New Year before Christmas.....and then celebrate New Year again.

Среќни празници до сите Македонци

Sorry for the delayed Christmas cheer. Didn't have much access to a PC over the break. Good luck to all who are spinning the maznik tomorrow.
      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Среќна Нова Година - Василица! And best of luck to those who found the coin in the мазниче
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

sreken bozik to all macedonian shirum svetot.You should be proud of who you are.

Last edited by George S.; 12-27-2014, 02:39 AM.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Брсјак
            • Nov 2014

orthodox xmas is on 7th of Jan

Comment

• Брсјак
              • Nov 2014

cause i think it's bit early but if u celebrate xmas today merry xmas and pls accept my apologies if my comment offended u in any way

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

great just enjoy it the food the festivities etc.Then we got our bozik.soon on the 7th.Jan. Good to see everyone enjoying themselves.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Merry xmas to all those who are celebrating it!
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

On the 25 its sveti Spiridon the wonderworker so its actually a big day on our calendar.
                    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Greece is with the New Calendar but it seems Russia and Serbia have remained with the old one. I don't know if you literally use the old Calendar (e.g. celebrating the New Year 13 days later) or is it that all religious holidays have a 13-days delay.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

i think they do complete with its own yearly count 7657....??Also lists the seasons by their actual names .Eg autumn lostopath etc.tHere are so many other feasts associated.
                        The greeks have abandoned the celebration in favour of the 25 dec catholic celebration.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                          • Jul 2013

Thank you George, Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone.

The celebratory customs associated in various countries with Christmas have a mix of pre-Christian, Christian, and secular themes and origins.[18] Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift giving, completing an Advent calendar or Advent wreath, Christmas music and caroling, an exchange of Christmas cards, church services, a special meal, and the display of various Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, nativity scenes, garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and holly.

I was just wondering what others do at Christmas time.

I'm only familiar with the gift giving, card exchanging and according to Wikipedia a "special meal".

Gift giving seems to be the biggest celebratory custom in Australia.

I wonder when gift giving became popular and what other celebratory customs have been forgotten or replaced throughout time.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            Greece is with the New Calendar but it seems Russia and Serbia have remained with the old one. I don't know if you literally use the old Calendar (e.g. celebrating the New Year 13 days later) or is it that all religious holidays have a 13-days delay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Calendarists
                            The Julian calender was replaced by the Gregorian calender because it did not properly reflect the actual time it takes the Earth to circle once around the sun. In reality it is not actually a delay but instead an accurate date/time of when these religious holidays were meant to be on, where the Julian calenders 25th is incorrect now. I heard the decision to hold with the Julian calender was for better spacing of public holidays which is something western civilizations who don't care about the event imposed.

So which date does Greece celebrate Christmas? I know Russia celebrates it on the 7th which is based on the new Gregorian calender, what is the newest calender and what day is it celebrated on?

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

How was hour festive break??
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Happy nrw year
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X