• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pavle Pijanica
    • Jan 2012

the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

Gentlemen,

I was just reading up on the website in relation to Macedonia's sold out name to the Greeks...

My question to you guys would be this...

The current name of the country is under the UN is "the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".

In saying that, if we are the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia...then who are we today???

You might think that this is a bulls**t question...but have a serious think about it...what people are we if we are the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia??
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

MACEDONIA and MACEDONIANS

Like we were throughout history, before Yugoslavia came along.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

We're Macedonians, obviously. But PP, what is the point of your question?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        We're Macedonians, obviously. But PP, what is the point of your question?
        I think he knows what we are (what we know we are) but what he is trying to say is if the UN or anyone else who considers us to be (the former yugoslav REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA) in there eyes what does that make us? He has a point. If we were Macedonians in their eyes then we would be only the Republic of Macedonia but if we are not Macedonians then what are we Former Yugoslavs? The sheer stupidity of the acronym is something to actually consider and maybe we should put pressure on the UN to tell us what they consider us to be Macedonians or something else. What else could anyone call us if not Macedonian but if you cant call us anything but Macedonian then you would have to call our country nothing other then Macedonia. There are only two identities present in the acronym, Yugoslav and Macedonian, one doesn't even exist anymore and inst even an ethnic group or identity so it leaves only one MACEDONIAN. So then what does the acronym mean and what does it actually imply? This is really something we should try and use to our advantage because honestly it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

We in the Diaspora can't do shit. There are FYROMIANS going to the ICJ to fight for the right to be called FYROMIAN. They run the country we refer to as Macedonia. If that is what they want, what do us Australians/Americans/Canadians/etc think we can do about it?

Macedonians are more than happy to have their country described as FYROM. It has been this way for over 85% of an independent Macedonia's existence. It is hilarious looking at the justifications normal Macedonians use for this kind of stupidity. In fact, it is just stupidity and totally within the realms of "zombie sheepdom".
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pavle Pijanica
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            I think he knows what we are (what we know we are) but what he is trying to say is if the UN or anyone else who considers us to be (the former yugoslav REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA) in there eyes what does that make us? He has a point. If we were Macedonians in their eyes then we would be only the Republic of Macedonia but if we are not Macedonians then what are we Former Yugoslavs? The sheer stupidity of the acronym is something to actually consider and maybe we should put pressure on the UN to tell us what they consider us to be Macedonians or something else. What else could anyone call us if not Macedonian but if you cant call us anything but Macedonian then you would have to call our country nothing other then Macedonia. There are only two identities present in the acronym, Yugoslav and Macedonian, one doesn't even exist anymore and inst even an ethnic group or identity so it leaves only one MACEDONIAN. So then what does the acronym mean and what does it actually imply? This is really something we should try and use to our advantage because honestly it doesn't seem to mean anything.
            Gocka, that's exactly my point. My point is this stupid acronym is clearly stating that we were macedonians from a country once called Yugoslavia, but now we are a republic of the former Yugoslavia that was once called macedonia. Meaning koj sne? Nikoj. I ain't offending people here but this is a fact.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

yes the facts speak for themselves .We love to be led by the yoke.Our fyrom name was man't to be separate.Why in the hell do we have people still waiting with the old temporary name.Why can't people accept that we are ROM.When we let others make our decisions THen we desrve what we get.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

like the proverbial sheep we have lost our way.The other thing is people forget who they really are.They are ready to negotiate in a stupid kind of way.Remember the name fyrom was put on for us by the greek neighbours.When are we going to insist what we shall be called.You are who you are by your chosen identity. Fyrom was a short term derogatory name.Why settle for this kind of nonsense or some concocted renaming on some issue supposedly with the name.IF we are as silly as we look the greeks don't want us to use any name containing Macedonia.Hence it will derive a monopoly.Just as they did witth the flag symbol.People wakeup & DON"T let yourselves down the opportunity may well be goone soon.
                Last edited by George S.; 12-21-2013, 06:24 AM.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                X