Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Like you will be eaten by me if you dont shut the fuck up,mameto vi vaše najpametno!
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Venom
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
      I was once at a Greek police HQs and an illegal immigrant Albanian was speaking in his native tongue and the police officer pounded his hand on his desk and screamed at him "We speak Greek in here...you are not in Albania". Of course the Albanian got scared and never opened his mouth afterwards.

In the Balkans if you are not tough, you will be eaten alive.
      Sad but true.
      Last edited by Venom; 01-28-2009, 11:02 PM.
      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Just to be clear, that's also known as racism and supporting that also represents hypocrisy on our part.

Or do we agree that the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia should only speak Greek and never speak Macedonian?

I enjoy being able to freely speak my native language, Macedonian, here in Australia.

Let's remember there are two sides to the coin. Do we want to become like the Greeks?
        Last edited by Rogi; 01-28-2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• BRSJAK
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
          Demos honestly I think your country cares for the Diaspora way more than Macedonia does for their Macedonian diaspora. i don't care what people say, the whole system is wrong, not that is just wrong it's also corrupted, it's such a confusion you don't know who to pay anymore to have simple things issued( even though these people get paid to do their jobs). I have a British Citizenship and I don't need a different one, I have paid a absolute fortune to keep the stupid Macedonian one and have been left with no help or answers. System sucks and the gov is just as bad.
          I could be wrong but: if you already have British Citizenship you cannot have nor apply for a Macedonian citizenship. UK does not have dual citizenship policy. You have to give up the British to gain the Macedonian

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

UK & Macedonia have a dual citizenship agreement.

Comment

• BRSJAK
              • Sep 2008

Thanks Rogi, I stand corrected!!!. However, I must admit the administrative sector needs to be completely re-structured. Employees with "daj mi pa ke dobies" attitude need to be rooted out. This is being done by eliminating the “If I have connections I will get a job” approach. These people are mostly unqualified and generally related to the director or someone higher up. It happens here in Aus too, however no-one notices when the service you asked for is actually done. These people are milking the country dry, hence a stand against them is overdue.

Eg. The have introduced two test policy to counterattack students who paid money to have their grades fixed up. So, basically if u pass one test and fail the other there will be investigations, hence the corrupt professor gets the sack. This is in place since good honest students went on strike last year. Something similar needs to be done to the administrative sector, especially when it comes to issuing citizenships, ID’s and passport, or land titles.

The current government has policies in place however it will take time for these to trickle down to the subsequent administrative parties which still have the “old era” common laid back “I want to get rich with no work" attitude. I think that in Macedonia the term "siesta" has a total different meaning.

Aj na pivo sega, ne se sekiraj se ke se sredi hehehe

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                Just to be clear, that's also known as racism and supporting that also represents hypocrisy on our part.

Or do we agree that the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia should only speak Greek and never speak Macedonian?

I enjoy being able to freely speak my native language, Macedonian, here in Australia.

Let's remember there are two sides to the coin. Do we want to become like the Greeks?
                Sorry, I phrased that wrong. It's sad but true that you can not be who you want to be in greece. I spoke Macedonian in Solun, in a greek cafe and got in a whole load of shit for it (they blocked my car, tried to start a fight, abused me, called me a skopian etc).

The second part was supposed to sound sarcastic but didn't don't know wtf I was thinking.

Post edited accordingly!
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Demos
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                  Sorry, I phrased that wrong. It's sad but true that you can not be who you want to be in greece. I spoke Macedonian in Solun, in a greek cafe and got in a whole load of shit for it (they blocked my car, tried to start a fight, abused me, called me a skopian etc).

The second part was supposed to sound sarcastic but didn't don't know wtf I was thinking.

Post edited accordingly!

Well, I guess you learned your lesson. As I said before, the Greeks have learned that in the ghetto of Europe only the strong survive. We see who threatens us directly or indirectly and take ALL MEASURES necessary to eliminate all threats. We saw what happened to the Serbs and you vis a vis the Albanians.

And I can guarantee you one thing, that a bunch of Albanians won't be splitting up Greece. In Greece, Greeks rule. The way I see it is this; you can either conform or you can leave.

Is this a very humanistic approach? No, it is not, but it is a pragmatic and cautious approach.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Demos, Greece has gone too far.
                    So has Macedonia (in the other direction).
                    There is room for being moderate in this regard either way.
                    But, don't forget, the Albanian we were talking about was in fact speaking Macedonian to Jankovska. You might have missed that point in your glee.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                    X