X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

List of foreign tourists in Macedonia by nationality

Turks are most numerous tourists in Macedonia this season. Here is a complete list of the Institute of Statistics for July.

Економија / Бизнис / Финансии / Банкарство

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

The dutch made up the largest portion of nights spent at 22.7% of all nights spent while only making up 9.5% of the total visitors. They stayed an average of 6.3 nights per visitor.

Turks made up 13.4% of all visitors but only amounted to 7.9% of the total nights stayed. They averaged only 1.6 nights per visitor about 1/4 of the average dutch visitor

Serbia actually was third in terms of total visitors, they had 10.2% of all visitors and also 7.9% in total nights stayed, with an average stay of about 2 nights per visitor.

Those top 3 make up exactly 1/3 of all visitors, and 38.5% of nights stayed.

The 2 that surprised me were Poland who came in 4th for nights stayed and 5th for visitors, and Greece who was 5th in nights stayed on 4th in visitors. I've never in my life seen a Polish tourist in Ohrid but apparently they are the 5th most common.

Also the numbers clearly dont reflect all the people from the USA and Australia who do not stay in hotels but at home or with family. The ratio for american visitors to nights stayed is almost 1:2.5, how many Macedonians do you think come all the way from America to stayed 2.5 days? When most stay at least 15-20 days.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

macedonia should count her blessings as the only reason is that its so cheap..
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        macedonia should count her blessings as the only reason is that its so cheap..
        Well according to the Skopjani its too expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X