X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slovenec zrinski
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian(s) and the EU

One person wants me to give examples as to when EU has denied the Macedonian ethnicity and ,foremost, language. Through the years I have read a lot about it and seen many examples of it. Is there someone who has some links to documents or occasions when EU has treated Macedonia this way. I cant seem to find any now that I need them
    Thanks
    (Yes, I have read about Kacins attempt to make u Bulgarians so I know about that one thank u very much ) But I would like some other examples as well.
  • DedoAleko
    • Jun 2009

Russo-Estonian eU Ambassador Orav, not the shiniest coin in the fountain

The Russian-Estonian EU Ambassador to Macedonia decided it's up to him how he names Macedonia, so during a session in Brussels, Mr. Orav opted for the most insulting of all, 'SlavoMacedonians'.

In a speech for AFET, which is the abbreviation for the EU Commission of foreign affairs, Mr Orav stated that the "Ohrid Framework Agreement was very important for the ethnic Albanians and slavomacedonians who interpret the framework differently."

Later, the Russian-Estonian born EU Ambassador spoke about the "Government from Skopje", and of course the bright future of "slavomacedonians".

This isn't the first time for an EU official to be renaming Macedonians as they see fit. For several years, the EU refused to spell out the language as "Macedonian", despite the fact it's internationally recognized and dozens of universities world wide teach it and offer degrees in it since 1944.

Meanwhile, Mr. Avio Orav has ensured himself a short stay in Macedonia and future awkward moments with both politicians and citizens alike.

Even freshman students studying Political Science 101 know this little rule - Don't insult your host.

izvor: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/22223/1/

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
      • Sep 2008

Thank u very much for that typical example of EU arrogance. Just the kind I am looking for.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Who is the rat that goes around the eu or years ago of the ilk of president like mitsotakis of
        the arduous campaign of going around the eu in his jet plane & telling the eu that we are not macedonians but slavo macedonians.Am i surprised?no.A carefully planned propaganda machine thanks to greece!
        Last edited by George S.; 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

dear me - like me telling him Estonia does not exist and is after all ,Russian . Tool.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Russian tool is too right julie.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
            X